House Price Crash Forum

I have discovered something incredible: MANY people on IO don't own their property out there!!

HOLA441
4 hours ago, longgone said:

when i say back sta**ing i do not mean literally i mean families used to help each other, now that we live in a self centered world families will st*b each other in the back for personal gain. mine certainly did. 

London was and is still a dangerous place now you have people topping each other on the streets in public as they see no way out from the slums they are in. Those things went on decades back but usually the unfortunate victim never returned home one night and was never found again. quiet hidden violence. no rose tinted spectacles.  All nations have there own way of going on the greeks j*ws irish have their own cliques. Go in a j*wish shop of yesteryear and try and find a price tag, they priced things up by how you dressed and held yourself spoke ability to pay.

Your readings are merely guides ability to retain information and those guides are written through the eyes of another.  , you are educating yourself by living everyday. However never put educated from the university of life on a profile anywhere as that makes you sound like a *unt.

I am a *unt, but that is something else.

You are saying that your family stabbed you in the back, is that why the Greek Cypriot businesses just disappeared slowly, 

Where did the Greek Cypriots in the 1980s get finance for the shops, restaurants, dry cleaners, that they opened in North London.

I am a nosy bugger, the Greek Cypriots like the J*ws and the Jamaicans are a part of my history and i want to join the dots.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
10 hours ago, prozac said:

You are saying that your family stabbed you in the back, is that why the Greek Cypriot businesses just disappeared slowly, 

Where did the Greek Cypriots in the 1980s get finance for the shops, restaurants, dry cleaners, that they opened in North London.

I am a nosy bugger, the Greek Cypriots like the J*ws and the Jamaicans are a part of my history and i want to join the dots.

What's all this about putting a "*" in Jew and jewish!? Bit weird. 

HOLA443
On 26/10/2019 at 10:23, HariSeldon said:

1) The statistics presented by regprentice show that more than 500,000 IO mortgages have matured over the last seven years.

2) Perhaps you can explain why no-one is reporting the huge number of repossessions that must be occurring if you are right?

3)?For what it is worth I think you are completely wrong and as I have said before the IO mortgage issue is a non-issue affecting a tiny proportion of people - consequently it will have very little if any effect on house prices. House prices obviously are too expensive for a lot of people but anyone holding out until 2030 for a crash due to IO repossessions is going to be seriously disappointed.

1) Stats...always interesting 

2) No

3) I heard you already. 

HOLA444
3 hours ago, Pop321 said:

1) Stats...always interesting

Are you suggesting the IO mortgage stats presented by @regprentice are inaccurate?

3 hours ago, Pop321 said:

2) No

Have you heard of Occam's razor? The simplest solution is often the right one - the reason no-one is reporting a huge number of repossessions is because there is no huge number of repossessions.

HOLA445
On 27/10/2019 at 19:49, prozac said:

Well i am half English so when my dad passed the existing uncle aunts everyone basically ostracized us.  That has no bearing on why cypriot business have disappeared.  Maybe their family values have diminished as their offspring would be British born so have different priority's. More than likely same reason why every other small business has been decimated in london over the past 20 years RENT !

no idea how they got the money my family never really borrowed money only had a mortgage but paid that off very quickly as inflation did its job back then. just got lucky i guess. 

HOLA446
On 26/10/2019 at 10:23, HariSeldon said:

The statistics presented by regprentice show that more than 500,000 IO mortgages have matured over the last seven years.

Perhaps you can explain why no-one is reporting the huge number of repossessions that must be occurring if you are right?

For what it is worth I think you are completely wrong and as I have said before the IO mortgage issue is a non-issue affecting a tiny proportion of people - consequently it will have very little if any effect on house prices. House prices obviously are too expensive for a lot of people but anyone holding out until 2030 for a crash due to IO repossessions is going to be seriously disappointed.

Stats on IO mortgages covers too daft trends - Endowment mortgages and IO mortgages.

The **** end of endowments are slowly finishing 2020 - 25 = 1995. About 5 years left.

The first batch of IO are now reachign the end of their term. There's no repo as IO were mainly took out by younger people for short period (under 20).

MrnMrs 25 yo with 10/15y IO will be 40. They are probably OK extending the term for another few years. However, as they get older, it will be harder to extend esp. as they will now probably run into MMR limits and the reluctance ofthe banks to continue rollover IO mortgages.

Remember, up to the ending of TFL, bank's borrowing was relastively cheap. That lendign is les so now.