House Price Crash Forum

The Property Market is at its weakest says The Guardian & RICS

HOLA441

UK property market at its weakest for six years, says Rics

Surveyors body expects prices to fall in the south and south-east over next three months

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/nov/08/uk-property-market-at-its-weakest-for-six-years-says-rics

Should we change "three months" to "three decades"?

I can't see any Comments section -- the VI Guardiarse is NOT going to let people give their views on the insane & utterly stupid & unsustainable "property market" of today...

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442
HOLA443

“the weakest reading since September 2012”

Was this a particularly note-worthy time?  If it's the weakest since some part of the boom then that's hardly news.  If it was the weakest since 2008 then that would definitely be more interesting.

I've always thought the RICS survey was an odd-ball.  It's a survey of sentiment that is itself based on sentiment.  Surveyors don't base their valuations on anything tangible, just on previous selling prices adjusted by what the likes of RICS report.  Perhaps they should survey what people think the RICS survey will report, just to make it even more detached from reality.

I'd be interested to know how the RICS surveys equate to reality over the years - my guess is that it lags rather than leads, with a large helping of randomness.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
29 minutes ago, Tes Tickle said:

“the weakest reading since September 2012”

Was this a particularly note-worthy time?  If it's the weakest since some part of the boom then that's hardly news.  If it was the weakest since 2008 then that would definitely be more interesting.

I've always thought the RICS survey was an odd-ball.  It's a survey of sentiment that is itself based on sentiment.  Surveyors don't base their valuations on anything tangible, just on previous selling prices adjusted by what the likes of RICS report.  Perhaps they should survey what people think the RICS survey will report, just to make it even more detached from reality.

I'd be interested to know how the RICS surveys equate to reality over the years - my guess is that it lags rather than leads, with a large helping of randomness.

a dream within a dream within a dream... like inception

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449