House Price Crash Forum

Radio 4 Sat 15th

nome

HOLA441

Quick heads up for a couple of programmes on State Radio tomorrow...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bjyq89  - ''Money Box, asks has Help to Buy helped the builders rather than helped buyers.''   (Will no doubt be a powder puff piece at best)

Also...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bjyrck  -  Lehmans - A Backwards Collapse.  Tracing the roots of the financial crisis in reverse.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
13 hours ago, thewig said:

#vileBBC

will not consume

I think I've made this point with you before, but surely it makes sense to keep abreast of what particular agenda the Establishment happen to be pushing (via State Controlled Media)... as long as you recognise it for the propaganda that it actually is.

HOLA445
On 14/09/2018 at 15:23, nome said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bjyrck  -  Lehmans - A Backwards Collapse.  Tracing the roots of the financial crisis in reverse.

They chose an avant-garde, school art project approach to not telling the story, just a lot of semi-related archive clips with zero narrative. I don't imagine many people made it to the end, but if so I'm sure they learned nothing either.

HOLA446
4 minutes ago, darkmarket said:

They chose an avant-garde, school art project approach to not telling the story, just a lot of semi-related archive clips with zero narrative. I don't imagine many people made it to the end, but if so I'm sure they learned nothing either.

Agreed. Wasn't very good.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
On 15/09/2018 at 05:16, nome said:

I think I've made this point with you before, but surely it makes sense to keep abreast of what particular agenda the Establishment happen to be pushing (via State Controlled Media)... as long as you recognise it for the propaganda that it actually is.

I can tell by listening to what everyone is getting OUTRAGED about. No need to go near the disgusting beeb

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410
On 15/09/2018 at 05:16, nome said:

think I've made this point with you before, but surely it makes sense to keep abreast of what particular agenda the Establishment happen to be pushing (via State Controlled Media)... as long as you recognise it for the propaganda that it actually is.

if the bbc was controlled by the govt it would not be so PC and corbyn supporting 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
3 hours ago, nome said:

The BBC doesn't support corbyn, it supports the establishment and the status quo.

Not quite.

BBC us like a job creation for useless middle class idiots. Like the civil service.

A big sink of useless *****

Sort of like army and church.

HOLA4413
On 14/09/2018 at 15:35, winkie said:

It is not all bad.....got to pick your moments.;)

+1 ..as usual ?

the power of councils and charges of bankruuptcy administrators this was disturbing in this R4 prog today 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bksgnc

Debt Killed My Dad

In August, Jessica Hurst wrote to the media asking them to investigate how her dad’s debts of just under £12,000 became a bill of just under £73,000. Nigel Hurst killed himself a year ago after learning that bailiffs were to repossess his family home. It was the bailiff who found him.

Student, Jessica, was left with a pile of debt recovery letters and bank statements which she hoped would hold the clue to his financial troubles. File on 4 reporter Helen Grady takes up Jessica’s challenge.

Her findings include the fact that councils are increasingly enforcing council tax debts, often using aggressive tactics which have been outlawed or become outdated in the private sector. And that bankruptcy can trigger a series of punitive charges - including some paid directly to the Government - which can make a manageable debt unmanageable.

HOLA4414
9 hours ago, spyguy said:

Not quite.

BBC us like a job creation for useless middle class idiots. Like the civil service.

A big sink of useless *****

Sort of like army and church.

You say not quite but that's exactly what/who I was referring to!

HOLA4415
55 minutes ago, nome said:

You say not quite but that's exactly what/who I was referring to!

'Establishment' is too tin foil hatted for me - shadowy people, levers of control etc etc.

Inreality it is what it is - a 'sink' of dummies, protected from any form of accountability or competition by a 'Pay the license or go to jail' system.