House Price Crash Forum

Political Party that hasn't been NIMBYist in last few years?

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
4 hours ago, oatbake said:

My local Green Party councillor was very proud of himself for helping to stop not one, but two new housing developments in my area.

But of course. Don't you realise how environmentally unfriendly it is building new houses?! All those carbon emissions, pollution from building materials, etc.  The way we can all have minimal impact on the climate change is by not encouraging and perpetuating the materialistic wants based society with yet more mindless product consuming  homeowners and allow people to get closer to nature by being homeless.

You may chuckle and regard this as very 'Daily Mash' but believe me I have heard such a collection of bizzare logic from Green types to explain and justify their stances on all manner of socio-economic matters, that if I heard such as the above it really would not surprise me at all - so screwed up are their thought processes and lack of understanding of how the world actually 'works' in general.

HOLA4410
14 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

The Scottish Natiinal Party's housing policies are pretty decent. Especially their new tenancy rules.

And for looking at overall land ownership rules in Scotland. Introducing right to roam as well.

And I say this as someone who would happily smash wee nippy's face in if I could get away with it. :ph34r::lol:

Edit - Right to roam was actually before them I've just found out. 

Edited by ccc

HOLA4411
3 hours ago, anonguest said:

But of course. Don't you realise how environmentally unfriendly it is building new houses?! All those carbon emissions, pollution from building materials, etc.  The way we can all have minimal impact on the climate change is by not encouraging and perpetuating the materialistic wants based society with yet more mindless product consuming  homeowners and allow people to get closer to nature by being homeless.

You may chuckle and regard this as very 'Daily Mash' but believe me I have heard such a collection of bizzare logic from Green types to explain and justify their stances on all manner of socio-economic matters, that if I heard such as the above it really would not surprise me at all - so screwed up are their thought processes and lack of understanding of how the world actually 'works' in general.

No I can well believe it. They seem to hark back to medieval times. I just struggled to reconcile his views on housing with his party's views on immigration (open borders). There are only so many brownfield sites and those are probably better put to use in providing gainful employment for the occupants of any new houses. 

It all just seems completely illogical and unworkable. Nuts.