House Price Crash Forum

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Nico

HOLA441

Another hopelessly optimistic (greedy?) seller in Eastbourne:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-15952098.html#mapandlocalinfo

They want £400k, the highest for the road is £266k, pre-crunch. And they're done the place out like a crap pub.

That's a topper! Like the set from some sort of Vauxhall-Conference version of Footballer's Wives. :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

At first glance this place doesn't seem so bad:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-16820883.html

But then take click on the Street View link to see the lovely area, complete with expletive graffiti and cars rusting away in overgrown driveways! Who would turn up to such a place and then spend a quarter mill on a house???

tuuAt.jpg

Sold STC :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Someone's living the dream

HOLA445

Feast your eyes on this beauty:

f13690ce5c54c462f419ecb473d20f47ba482563_354_255.jpg

Cottage in Norfolk, GP £70-80k

In picture 3 there's a loo in the same room as the fridge freezer. Nice. :blink:

Been about 6 years since I posted (or even looked) but I don't think it's that bad when you look outside the box.

I'm not sure of the area so I don't know what the going price is but when you strip out the rubbish it's a shell you can do what you like with.

The fridge freezer in the loo is not an issue to my mind as I'm sure the contents of either is not included in the asking price.

The junk in the rooms is an eyesore but you are not looking at buying a property loaded with junk, they take it with them and you make sure they do.

It's then just a few buckets of paint and maybe a skip to get rid of the peeling wallpaper. As the paper is almost off anyway it should not be too big a job.

If I were looking to buy in that area and was happy with a few weeks clearing it , it might take my fancy, but it would depend on location and getting the price right along with adjustments for condition.

I do like this at the top right of the web page though - More like this | Get mortgage quote | Save to favourites |

HOLA446

Sold STC :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Someone's living the dream

This one would be a no no for me though.

For Doctor Gloom also it seems as the picture says a million words and the inside of the property is not really an issue here, the outside speaks for itself.

Pays to do a bit of research in my mind before you even get away from the keyboard. You won't always get it right but there is stacks you can find out about a property before you even pick up the phone to view.

Classic example was a property I was looking at about 5 years ago.

Small village in Bucks, property that seemed slightly overpriced (next door to Melanie Brown of the Spice Girls I recall which might account for the pice ramp)

When I googled the property map I found this

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.57971,-0.736685&spn=0.013494,0.027423&t=h&z=15

Bottom of the picture is the majestic Thames rambling down to Cookham. The thing that looks like an upside down anchor is a cement works and all the little circular blobs on the bottom left is a sewerage treatment works. That is going to be lovely sitting out in the garden regardless of which way the wind blows.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Ok these were advertised in the newspaper this morning.

But considering I've just bought a 1 bed flat about 4 months ago in the same street for around 200K and that most 2 bed flats in this area are for sale at about 250 or 260K, these ones below are totally insane!! They're brand new, but who's gonna put 350K in that??? They're having a laugh

http://search.knightfrank.com/KRD101129

HOLA4413

Ok these were advertised in the newspaper this morning.

But considering I've just bought a 1 bed flat about 4 months ago in the same street for around 200K and that most 2 bed flats in this area are for sale at about 250 or 260K, these ones below are totally insane!! They're brand new, but who's gonna put 350K in that??? They're having a laugh

http://search.knightfrank.com/KRD101129

But there's a bathroom window! Very rare in new build flats nowadays.

OK then, may not be worth the £150k premium. :D New build prices are a complete joke.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I happen to work near Old St so I've been aware of the Bezier development for a couple of years. It won the Private Eye "Worst New Building 2010" award last year and now you can buy a 2 bed flat in it for £750k. Or a bigger, but still 2 bed, one for £1.7M. I like the idea of having the dressing area for the master bedroom in the window.

If you are a billionaire looking for a London pied a terre, why would you want to be looking at the Old St roundabout ?

http://www.bezierlondon.com/availability1.php

HOLA4416

I happen to work near Old St so I've been aware of the Bezier development for a couple of years. It won the Private Eye "Worst New Building 2010" award last year

Ah, that must be why I cannot find any pictures of the outside of the block. :huh: Amazed that there is still a market for flats over £1m.

Here is my nomination:

overpriced sh*thole, Norwich £164,950

2063_NOR111521_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

On a nice quiet road and on a decent sized plot admittedly but I suspect that the lack of interior pictures hide a multitude of sins. A good 33% overpriced, imho. :(

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I thought that it was a decent looking place, until I noticed that it only appears to have one side window in the building in the bedroom. All of the other glass seem to be velux windows. :blink: I suppose the reason it's white is to disguise how dark it is inside.

HOLA4421

It looks like an 'apartment' over a block of three garages. The builders are doing these a lot now to maximize number of sales. So it is sort of detached - the estate agent however describes it as a house! Just forget about that late morning lie in - you will have a metal door scraping open, car door thud, then an engine firing up beneath you, accompanied by bass frequencies from the latest hits .....x3. Not to mention the other allocated car parking spaces all round you.

HOLA4422

Who buys these new houses? How have the major home builders managed to shake off their dodgy reputation from the 70's/80's and continued to build overdeveloped, poorly-built, Architectural pastiche nightmares? As Frankief says, invariably you are surrounded by parking, concrete, "Communal" gardens (Normally a flowerbed in the centre of a roundabout or traffic control island), you can hear every bump and grunt from the next door neighbour and the dimensions of the properties are oppressive. Invariably they are located in some Brookside-esq close, which you share with the other rats stuck in your long-haul rat race. I could not live a massive chunk of my life working to pay off a debt for THAT. A huge number of people in this Country have no sense and no taste. Surely, escaping the Country is becoming the only option. We are doomed.

I was looking at properties in Wells and Glastonbury at the weekend. Lurking on the outskirts of both, you have new development 4 bed nightmares with the same traits stated above, they are on the market for the same price as some beautiful 4 bed Georgian Townhouses and Country piles which are located right in the Historic Centres or in the near Countryside. Deluded.

Rant Over.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425