House Price Crash Forum

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Nico

HOLA441

even amidst the legions of grunge and gerry built horrors of rightmove..........this one still manages to stand out as a shocker.........£350,000.....(probably about x 23 the average local salary) the worlds gone mad!

ps Hows the market seem to you Charlie ?

Edited by tennaval

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

As posted in another thread:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26628703.html

"...with picturesque views and is in close proximity to the Dungeness Power Station." :lol:

Winning contribution thank you for making me laugh after a sh*t day at work.

Why are they mentioning Dungeness Power Station as if it's a selling point? What next " Regretfully tours of the adjacent power station stopped due to security fears after September 11 and the visitors' centre is now closed. However the glorious views far reaching towards the sea, remain unspoilt, where the local sewage meets with the coastline"

HOLA443
HOLA444

This place has been on the market for at least 2 years now. I think it was £99,950 originally but it has been £95k for well over a year. It is worth a premium for the central location but the price needs to come down to £80k imo.

When will sellers wake up and smell the coffee? :rolleyes:

1 bed ex-LA flat central Norwich £95k

10110_NOR00681_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.jpg

Theres the stacked shoebox in Mandells Court £65-75k wanting offers!

HOLA445
HOLA446

Quite well, but not currently living there.

See theres a few repo flats under offer on thorpe park, I lived there for a while and there must be quite a few more repos comming up as there was quite a lot of 100,000 plus 1 bed descried as 2 bed flats sold while I was there some 3 plus years ago. Though I know a few people that have just rented them out and subsidise the mortage out of their own pocket.

I considered a few ex local authority places, but they all turned out just to grotty in the communal entrance areas for my liking, though they had resonable locations so they keep a fairly high price.

Heard so many horror stories on the constructions site about the new builds I dare not touch them, simple case for me that I have some where to live now so will just sit and watch.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

See theres a few repo flats under offer on thorpe park, I lived there for a while and there must be quite a few more repos comming up as there was quite a lot of 100,000 plus 1 bed descried as 2 bed flats sold while I was there some 3 plus years ago.

Coincidence - that is where I'm living at the moment. :D You are right about the ex-LA places. The flat I sold was ex-LA and had a grotty communal area too.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Coincidence - that is where I'm living at the moment. :D You are right about the ex-LA places. The flat I sold was ex-LA and had a grotty communal area too.

The land they built the thope park development had major contamination issues, so I was told, though is had supposedly been dealt with during the early stages of developement there was cause for concern as apprently contamination was getting into the building and the levels where such that the development should of been closed down. As I understand it the contamination levels where either proven to be so low that it was no cause for concern of the figures where fudged enough to pass.

How much truth there is in what I was told I don't know, but it was not all made publically known, pretty sure what went on at such industrial site in the past was never documented, those that claim to know have told me they would never want to live there espcially in a ground floor flat.

I'm not sure if they still monitor the situation or not. Can't find anyhting more recent than this.

http://www.cli.co.uk/Contaminated-Land-Case-Study/Norwich.aspx

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

12194_488066_IMG_00.jpg

bet hes laughing if he sells for £230K

hardly a white collar middle class worker* with the transco van outside

the place is a tip inside!

*(which the price tag reflects - and they would be stretching and then some!)

Just trawling through this old thread and although a lot of the links dont work anymore, it looks like this one may have sold for around 230k but 5 years later!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425