House Price Crash Forum

Self activating cameras

kathleen

HOLA441

Hi, my parents live alone and I concerned for their security. They are not willing to appoint a caretaker, so I have planned to install some security devices in the house. I am in search of a security system most suitable for seniors living alone and saw this article. The article has mentioned about self activating monitoring cameras, which works on detection of any movements. How can they notify us of any burglary or invasion instantly? Hope you would help me.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I know this is a spam thread, but for all the people who are sort of interested in this topic -- to have cameras in the (someone else's) house is an incredible intrusion into privacy.  Just because someone is a bit infirm doesn't mean you can spy on them.  And even if you're terribly conscientious and there is absolute consent for this surveillance, there is also the possibility of the footage getting into the wrong hands, either through hacking, theft or just the passage of time.    Please tread carefully if you're thinking of going down this route.  

[For a start, there are ways of monitoring physical activity without remote monitoring of video feeds.]

HOLA447
33 minutes ago, dgul said:

I know this is a spam thread, but for all the people who are sort of interested in this topic -- to have cameras in the (someone else's) house is an incredible intrusion into privacy.  Just because someone is a bit infirm doesn't mean you can spy on them.  And even if you're terribly conscientious and there is absolute consent for this surveillance, there is also the possibility of the footage getting into the wrong hands, either through hacking, theft or just the passage of time.    Please tread carefully if you're thinking of going down this route.  

[For a start, there are ways of monitoring physical activity without remote monitoring of video feeds.]

Intruder part aside, one big problem is knowing whether an elderly relative is at least up and about on a daily basis. A good compromise is a motion detector type device capable of sending SMS messaging - if there is a change in routine - no activity in morning for example because relative has not got out of bed then can't see any harm in that in the appropriate circumstances.  

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I suggest you get your parents lots of guns and rottweilers Kathleen.

A stash of tinned-spam may also help in keeping them chipper during the forthcoming dark days...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
23 minutes ago, One-percent said:

I've already got my spam all stacked and accounted for ready for the forthcoming crash. 

Oh, we are not on the main forum, scratch that, ready for the forthcoming zombie apocalypse 

Unfortunately I lost my spam fortune after shorting corned-beef in 2009.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
6 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

Northern Ireland delivery man who pleasured himself through letterbox caught on CCTV making unwanted delivery.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/northern-ireland-delivery-man-who-pleasured-himself-through-letterbox-caught-on-cctv-making-unwanted-delivery-35485854.html

Different strokes as they say.

Eeewww. That reminds me and xyy and spy will be interested in this one.  Yesterday someone posted a link on my bookyface thingy to a newspaper article of a couple having xes whist waiting for their takeaway to be prepared. In the shop. On CCTV  in scabbie.  They might have been ordering parmos but that nugget of information was missing  

For the life of me I could not refind the post to put up here 

HOLA4417
2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Eeewww. That reminds me and xyy and spy will be interested in this one.  Yesterday someone posted a link on my bookyface thingy to a newspaper article of a couple having xes whist waiting for their takeaway to be prepared. In the shop. On CCTV  in scabbie.  They might have been ordering parmos but that nugget of information was missing  

For the life of me I could not refind the post to put up here 

Saw that as well, the all seeing eyes are everywhere, one wonders what all those smart tv's see everyday as well.

HOLA4418
3 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

Saw that as well, the all seeing eyes are everywhere, one wonders what all those smart tv's see everyday as well.

Post a link.  Spy and xyy will be interested in the scabbie angle.

mods, it is not as bad as it sounds, honest.  

Re the all seeing eye, a mate of mine at work insists on covering all the pc cameras with gaffa tape 

HOLA4419
3 minutes ago, One-percent said:

a mate of mine at work insists on covering all the pc cameras with gaffa tape 

He is not the only one as lots of people do, including the director of the FBI, Mark Zuckerberg and even the pope:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/09/15/put-tape-over-your-webcam-fbi-director-warns/

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/22/mark-zuckerberg-tape-webcam-microphone-facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4096490/Is-pope-worried-hackers-Snap-shows-pontiff-reading-iPad-camera-blocking-sticker.html

Archived