House Price Crash Forum

US warns of 'heightened' risk of terror attacks on Christmas markets in Europe.

workingpoor

HOLA441
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
1 hour ago, anonguest said:

To be fair  I've never been too enamoured or intellectually persuaded to support these modern state based (taxpayer funded) compensation schemes for members of the public who happen to be victims of crime. What I much rather see is those ultimately responsible for such criminal acts being facilitated (i.e. policy makers) face penalties for dereliction of public duty. This could range from job loss, pension loss all the way to criminal conviction (in the same way corporate manslaughter is now treated). You can be sure this would focus the minds of those responsible pronto.

What about if the leader of your state practically rolls out the red carpet for the perps?

I hope to see a group class action against their freak show of a chancellor.

I hope they sue her tits off.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, anonguest said:

I think what Bloo Loo meant(?) to say, more correctly, was that the killers have a consistency of religion - as they do indeed hail from all corners of the globe and differing racial backgrounds.

religion comes under Race Relations Acts these days.

HOLA444
3 minutes ago, Bloo Loo said:

religion comes under Race Relations Acts these days.

Thanks. You learn something new everyday.  ;-)

That said, however, doesn't make the Act technically correct though?  My point is still valid? The common factor in these attacks is the religious faith not the race.  Just because our politicians have chosen to do violence to the language does not make it incorrect to assert that race has nothing to do with it?

HOLA445
51 minutes ago, shindigger said:

What about if the leader of your state practically rolls out the red carpet for the perps?

I hope to see a group class action against their freak show of a chancellor.

I hope they sue her tits off.

Precisely, That is my point.

The problem has arisen because policy is being dominated by selfish, irrational bleeding heart guilt driven, idealogy over pragmatism and common sense.

What have in Merkel is someone who is taking advantage of her position to implement her long standing multicultural beliefs held since her youth.  She is one of those people who, like that minor UK celeb (whose name escapes me at this moment) who recently felt the need to publicly apologise on our collective behalf for the Calais Jungle - when I for one have certainly not given her kind my vote/approval to do so on my behalf.  

Merkel, in response to the public angst over the immigration issue, is quoted as asserting "We can do this".  Well that is likely correct and 'we' probably could. The real question to be asked IF we should.  To ask that question though is a complete anathema to her way of thinking.

I've heard someone, of science background, refer to this behaviour as the Oppenheimer Complex.  Referring to the WW2 atom bomb project leader who, after the war, took on a stance of remorse/guilt for his participation and, famously in an interview, whilst rambling on about obscure Hindu scriptures and quotes talked of being a "destroyer of worlds" and that "many of us felt that way" - when the reality was that only a minority of those actively involved shared that view and were angered at his claiming to speak on their behalf.

And so I suspect it is with Merkel, being a child of the immediate post-war era growing up in the shadow of the Nazi atrocities. In order to 'prove' herself as decent she takes on a stance of opposing anything that can be remotely construed as showing racial bias.  I have no doubt that her desire to allow the middle eastern immigration to Germany has been driven for kind hearted reasons BUT in doing so she has allowed emotion to rule public policy and ignore consequences.

There could well have been many ways to help these millions of dispossessed peoples without them having to come and live with us. BUT that would have required more complex solutions - something that politicians, especially her kind, are not good at.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Maybe conveniently placed bacon sarnie stands?

I have wondered whether a state policy of covering any muslim terrorists corpses with bacon before burning them and scattering the ashes in a piggery would act as a deterrent.  Not sure whether it would be a factor in deterring a crazy or not.

HOLA449
2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

I have wondered whether a state policy of covering any muslim terrorists corpses with bacon before burning them and scattering the ashes in a piggery would act as a deterrent.  Not sure whether it would be a factor in deterring a crazy or not.

That would involve admitting that it has  nothing  something to do with islam... So it will never happen. Anyway there are some more basic steps that could be taken. Like admitting that is has everything to do with islam for starters. Then ban it.

Then peace 'n' love can flourish over here and hate 'n' bigotry can wither and die over there.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
4 hours ago, anonguest said:

Eh??

You suggested that politicians or unelected commissioners should be brought to book when the poop hits the fan. I suggested that that won't happen anytime soon. Sorry for not fleshing that out.

I read something years ago that the uk police union is against citizens arming themselves for the obvious reason that they'll get harmed in course of their duty. Therefore they are strongly in favour of paying compensation to victims of crime.

I'm not surprised that Germany has decided not to pay the latest victims of the truck jihad.Their legal system is creaking under the weight of existing claims by citizens and tide of immigrants suing the government for not processing their asylum claims quickly enough.

I think it was Gad Saad who explained that once the hijrah was underway the next step was to use the filthy kafir laws to bankrupt the host nations.

Deciding not to compensate jihad victims will disappoint those affected but not those who want to break the system. 

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260019/hijrah-europe-robert-spencer

And now a hijrah of a much greater magnitude is upon us. Evidence that this is a hijrah, not simply a humanitarian crisis, came last February, but was little noted at the time and almost immediately forgotten. The Islamic State published a document entitled, “Libya: The Strategic Gateway for the Islamic State.” Gateway into Europe, that is: the document exhorted Muslims to go to Libya and cross from there as refugees into Europe. This document tells would-be jihadis that weapons from Gaddafi’s arsenal are plentiful and easy to obtain in Libya – and that the country “has a long coast and looks upon the southern Crusader states, which can be reached with ease by even a rudimentary boat.”

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, Ill_handle_it said:

You suggested that politicians or unelected commissioners should be brought to book when the poop hits the fan. I suggested that that won't happen anytime soon. Sorry for not fleshing that out.

I read something years ago that the uk police union is against citizens arming themselves for the obvious reason that they'll get harmed in course of their duty. Therefore they are strongly in favour of paying compensation to victims of crime.

I'm not surprised that Germany has decided not to pay the latest victims of the truck jihad.Their legal system is creaking under the weight of existing claims by citizens and tide of immigrants suing the government for not processing their asylum claims quickly enough.

I think it was Gad Saad who explained that once the hijrah was underway the next step was to use the filthy kafir laws to bankrupt the host nations.

Deciding not to compensate jihad victims will disappoint those affected but not those who want to break the system. 

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/260019/hijrah-europe-robert-spencer

And now a hijrah of a much greater magnitude is upon us. Evidence that this is a hijrah, not simply a humanitarian crisis, came last February, but was little noted at the time and almost immediately forgotten. The Islamic State published a document entitled, “Libya: The Strategic Gateway for the Islamic State.” Gateway into Europe, that is: the document exhorted Muslims to go to Libya and cross from there as refugees into Europe. This document tells would-be jihadis that weapons from Gaddafi’s arsenal are plentiful and easy to obtain in Libya – and that the country “has a long coast and looks upon the southern Crusader states, which can be reached with ease by even a rudimentary boat.”

Whilst I don't doubt that, today at least, that may be their official line and reasoning on the matter re: UK citizens being denied easy access to weapons in the same sort of way as the Yanks take for granted, the fact is that the historical reasons for restricting weapon ownership are more rooted in fear of political unrest and not as a means of everyday crime prevention/reduction.  BUT that is a separate story.

Strictly speaking there is no legal obligation for TPTB to implement such compensation schemes since the law enforcement bodies (i.e. police) do not operate under the threat of any sort of penalty or consequence for their failure to protect the public.  The so called 'social contract' is purely conceptual and is not founded in cold hard law.

Indeed the restriction on the right of citizens to arm/defend themselves seems to be very closely correlated with those countries that, in modern times, have increasingly introduced these taxpayer funded compensation schemes for people who find themsleves the victims of crime.  It's almost as IF there is a growing recognition by policy makers that the law abiding public will only tolerate so much against them whilst being denied the rights to fend for themsleves IF and when they should ever be unfortunate enough to fall victim tio a crime that they could, in theory, otherwise prevent IF given the means to do so (e.g. street mugging, etc).

And thus we see these compensation schemes enacted by the nanny state as a token, after the event, sweetener to unfortunate crime victims.  The compensation payments of course doing nothing to prevent the crimes in the first place - which is what I would wager any crime victim would rather take then the token, often piddling, amount of money.

I suspect these payments are, once again, policies implemented by bleeding heart liberals who, sub-consciously, are guilt ridden at the fact that the various laws/policies they espouse can result in more, not less, victims. But of course rather than admit error they will happily rob Peter to pay for Paul's misfortune.

The report that the Berlin victims will not receive any such compensation is very disturbing. Perhaps it is a genuine oversight/loophole overlooked by polcy makers at the time of the original legislation?  BUT IF not then it is worrying and points to trouble ahead.

HOLA4413
On 24/12/2016 at 1:30 PM, MrPin said:

I don't like poetry at all BTW. It's just a mess of words!

Think on this, Mr Pin:

The utility model discloses a

rotary sausage

filling device,

wherein a

rotating mechanism

is arranged at a

discharge hole;

the

rotating mechanism

comprises a

rotating disc