HOLA441
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Three emergency landings.

I was shocked to find out how many back to back flights it had done; but you hear so much about high aviation safety standards that you think they actually do exist.

Maybe not on the rubbish airlines then. Egypt Air, top notch quality ......NOT!

HOLA445

Three emergency landings.

I was shocked to find out how many back to back flights it had done; but you hear so much about high aviation safety standards that you think they actually do exist.

Maybe not on the rubbish airlines then. Egypt Air, top notch quality ......NOT!

There's such thin margins nowadays, that every minute that a plane is not in the air, its losing money..

HOLA446

There's such thin margins nowadays, that every minute that a plane is not in the air, its losing money..

That story about airline pilots living in vans in airport car parks was a huge dent in the image of faultless professionalism. If this turns out to be air plane inspectors turning a blind eye to mechanical faults then some airlines are going to be losing a lot of customers.

One way or another.

HOLA447

The Health and Safety culture in Egypt is sometimes slightly lacking. :huh: I used to go to Cairo quite a bit for the gas industry.

HOLA448

That story about airline pilots living in vans in airport car parks was a huge dent in the image of faultless professionalism. If this turns out to be air plane inspectors turning a blind eye to mechanical faults then some airlines are going to be losing a lot of customers.

One way or another.

IF there was any major fault with the plane, it wouldn't be allowed to fly into European airspace in the first place..There's no mention that these emergency landings were due to mechanical issues (if these three issues did actually happen)...

There is a list of carriers and planes that are banned in entering our airspace...

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/doc/list_en.pdf

I would suspect that EgyptAir's planes are getting regular checks at European airports...

• 9 months later...
HOLA449

Ok meant to bump this thread yesterday but there was a more pressing story. 

A article in the FT allegedly suggests the cause of the downing may have been an explosive laptop type device. 

Now in recent days there has been a joint US/UK ban on laptops and tablets being taken into the cabin on flights originating from a certain list of countries. 

Could it be that the cause of the downing of this flight has finally been establised? 

(not got the FT link) 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
2 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Have they found this plane?

The Quantas one remains a bit if a mystery.

Yes i think they have been recovering the wreckage for some time now, they may have had ample time to analyse the wreckage and work out what happened.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The laptop ban is all about hurting the competition, nothing to do at all with security:

https://www.rt.com/business/381748-us-ban-laptops-trade-war/

The measure has reportedly blindsided the world’s most successful airlines, including Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways, which have repeatedly been accused by American rivals of receiving massive subsidies from their governments.

“These airlines have been quietly worried for months that President Trump was going to retaliate. This may be the retaliation,” the newspaper reports.

As a result of the ban, these three airlines, along with the other carriers included in the order, are likely to lose a huge part of their business class and first class clientele, which is commonly the most profitable.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
1 minute ago, happy_renting said:

If, as RT claims, they are 'the world's most successful airlines', why do they need subsidies?

Why don't you ask their American rivals who make that claim?

have repeatedly been accused by American rivals of receiving massive subsidies from their governments

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
20 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

If, as RT claims, they are 'the world's most successful airlines', why do they need subsidies?

I think they probably mean successful in getting subsidies :)

It's quite an achievement just to get handed over a bunch of money.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

And so why should I ask the Americans when it is RT (and you) making the claim?

Where did I make that claim? You do understand what a quote is?

I'll post the quote from RT again just for you:

The measure has reportedly blindsided the world’s most successful airlines, including Emirates, Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways, which have repeatedly been accused by American rivals of receiving massive subsidies from their governments.

“These airlines have been quietly worried for months that President Trump was going to retaliate. This may be the retaliation,” the newspaper reports.

As a result of the ban, these three airlines, along with the other carriers included in the order, are likely to lose a huge part of their business class and first class clientele, which is commonly the most profitable.

https://www.rt.com/business/381748-us-ban-laptops-trade-war/

HOLA4425

Archived