House Price Crash Forum

Get Ready To Be Showered By Helicopter Money

HOLA441

There is something far wrong in the UK that this is even being discussed.

It's the death throws of an empire if you ask me.

The people at the top have no idea how to keep their economy going.

I'd suggest war/invasion/slavery/drugs/theft/Coal/Steel/Steam power and murder....that's what the countries massive wealth was built on.

I think the importation and communal housing of half a million barely literate, bad shave artistes every year from the Levant already qualifies as slavery.

Or Plan A, as the Tories like to call it.

HOLA442

I think the importation and communal housing of half a million barely literate, bad shave artistes every year from the Levant already qualifies as slavery.

Or Plan A, as the Tories like to call it.

It does seem like that to me.

I dont agree with the amount of taxation anyone in the UK is being forced to pay, it's nothing short of extortion and robbery now IMHO.

I dont agree with the banker bailouts and insane monetary policy.

I dont agree with their wars.

I dont agree with their middle man estate agent leech based pyramid scam economy

I dont agree with their policies of reduction civil liberties

I dont agree with their policies of political correctness suppression of free speech.

It's almost impossible to escape the grasping arms of the politicians and the bankers.

I do feel like a slave.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Indeed

It's just a depression. Decades more nonsense to come.

+1000

it's just going to be a long grind of savings, the property bubble will implode under its own weight with zero inflation. those who can protect their savings and work hard should still have a reasonable life. The easy money days are long gone, although the BTL scum is soon to find that out for themselves

HOLA447

Indeed

It's just a depression. Decades more nonsense to come.

I think that's the most sensible thing anyone has said since 2007.

It's a depression but no one wants to admit it and they governments are doing all they can to keep the banks afloat.

The insane house prices emanating from London is a side effect of this and are making things much worse.

HOLA448

+1000

it's just going to be a long grind of savings, the property bubble will implode under its own weight with zero inflation. those who can protect their savings and work hard should still have a reasonable life. The easy money days are long gone, although the BTL scum is soon to find that out for themselves

It's not so hard to protect your savings at the mo....inflation 0% ( ignoring the mega bubble ) and 5 year fixed savings rates circa 2.8%

Compound that over 10 years then when the housing bubble collapses you are quids in.

The only problem comes if/when the bail ins start.

Einstein-compound-interest.jpg

HOLA449

I think the In voters will win it, but once that happens and sterling shoots up 20% we will quickly get harsh negative rates.

the BOE is determined to get inflation one way or another, trashing the currency is all fair game to them. Only way to get rid of the debt burden without bank failures.

HOLA4410

I think the In voters will win it, but once that happens and sterling shoots up 20% we will quickly get harsh negative rates.

the BOE is determined to get inflation one way or another, trashing the currency is all fair game to them. Only way to get rid of the debt burden without bank failures.

They've been trying for some time now.

The problem is wage inflation....the global economy is holding it back. The house price inflation thewy have succeed in generating is staggering....( criminal in my book ). This is of course good inflation ( unless you need to buy a house ) and therefor bad deflation....they dont want that...they've said so. They will do anything to stop bad deflation.

We are at a totally insane point in history. Unless you are coming out of London with £500K of unearned, untaxed free QE money in your back pocket off the back of selling your 2 bed flat in SE london then you can't afford to buy a house outside London. They want to keep this going....meanwhile, I think they should be in prison for fraud.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Get back Gordon Brown, he saved us last time.

In reality all those predictions of helicopter money has already happened.

it's just been concentrated in a few 10's of 1000's of people in London.

It's caused a massive unbalance and giving away £1K, £2K, even £5K to everyone wont fix it...you need to take back the free £500K first....the only way to achieve that now is a massive HPC.

HOLA4413

They've been trying for some time now.

The problem is wage inflation....the global economy is holding it back. The house price inflation thewy have succeed in generating is staggering....( criminal in my book ). This is of course good inflation ( unless you need to buy a house ) and therefor bad deflation....they dont want that...they've said so. They will do anything to stop bad deflation.

We are at a totally insane point in history. Unless you are coming out of London with £500K of unearned, untaxed free QE money in your back pocket off the back of selling your 2 bed flat in SE london then you can't afford to buy a house outside London. They want to keep this going....meanwhile, I think they should be in prison for fraud.

Amen.