House Price Crash Forum

Tmt Is Broke

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Well, as I see it after a major stroke your brain is left in a ******ed up state. Sometimes a seizure is induced which `can` sort out your brains circuitry . This appears to be what happened to me. After I had my stroke I kept saying to the consultant...."there`s something not right"....."there`s something not right!" After I had the seizure I had no such feeling....all back to normal. This sometimes happens.

I will spend the rest of my life ensuring that I don't have another stroke as there`s no treatment for the kind of stoke I had.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Do you know what the problem was yet MT?

The CT and MRI scans came back fine. Blood pressure, heart rate, suagr levels, cholesterol, all fine.

They were concerned about the possibility of a bleed on the brain but the scans ruled that out. Apparently they repair about 3 a day according to one of the docs.

They did the MRI because apparently - and at this point they used lots of medical techno babble and I was too unwell to follow - there are a few things that an MRI will show up but a CT scan will not. Apparently, before Christmas, they had a chap whom they did a CT scan on and everything came back fine but after he was released he got taken ill again and an MRI then showed up the problem.

Apparently bacterial meningitis was also a concern at one point.

The neurologist said that there is a type of severe migraine that can come on suddenly and has pain which can subside when you sit down, but returns when you stand up.

Interestingly, doing a google, apparently one sign that this might be about to happen is a change in taste for a particular food. In the 10 or so days prior to this I suddenly developed a taste for pickled onions - something that I have not eaten for years - and went through 4 or 5 jars in a matter of a week or so.

I have been told not to hesitate to call 999 if it happens again.

HOLA449

Interestingly, doing a google, apparently one sign that this might be about to happen is a change in taste for a particular food. In the 10 or so days prior to this I suddenly developed a taste for pickled onions - something that I have not eaten for years - and went through 4 or 5 jars in a matter of a week or so.

You might be pregnant.

Joking aside - good to have you back TMT

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I enjoy pickled onions myself. Not five jars in a fortnight though. Are you sure you weren't incarcerated for "environmental" reasons? :unsure:

I'm pretty sure there's a "pickled onion help line". :blink:

HOLA4412

The CT and MRI scans came back fine. Blood pressure, heart rate, suagr levels, cholesterol, all fine.

They were concerned about the possibility of a bleed on the brain but the scans ruled that out. Apparently they repair about 3 a day according to one of the docs.

They did the MRI because apparently - and at this point they used lots of medical techno babble and I was too unwell to follow - there are a few things that an MRI will show up but a CT scan will not. Apparently, before Christmas, they had a chap whom they did a CT scan on and everything came back fine but after he was released he got taken ill again and an MRI then showed up the problem.

Apparently bacterial meningitis was also a concern at one point.

The neurologist said that there is a type of severe migraine that can come on suddenly and has pain which can subside when you sit down, but returns when you stand up.

I have been told not to hesitate to call 999 if it happens again.

The last time I got a blinding sudden-onset headache at the base of my skull it was w@nking-related.

http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=2734.125

Have they ruled that out?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Archived