House Price Crash Forum

Peeping Tom

HOLA441
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

They saw it when they returned home. It was fastened hgh up to an ornamental garden lamp-post.

What is your point?

Sorry I'm not being conspiratorial. I just wondered how well planned it could have been if it was that obvious.

I hope the police can track down the person responsible quickly.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any reassuring explanation for this - and I would be seriously spooked. Keep hassling the police.

+1

I'd have to agree on the considering moving. I'm not a parent but, I have to say, it seems like pretty defcon 2 stuff, at least.

If it was an ex or some known to be a bit obsessed guy she'd given the brush off, I might be a bit less worried - although any sort of stalking is obviously a bleedin nightmare.

HOLA445

The more I think about it, the more disturbed I get.

They have had an intruder who is by definition a sex offender.

Clearly he has an intention to return, in order to retrieve the recording he has made.

If disturbed, he might resort to extreme actions to avoid arrest for what is a particularly unpleasant crime.

The 3 adults who live there have seperate working lives and come and go at different times, meaning that there are 2 women who may at times be alone in the property.

It would be nice to dimiss the matter as the actions of a relatively harmless saddo but it does not look this way.

The police have the pics of the man; if they do not make an arrest soon I will go apesh*t.

HOLA446

If there's any sense that the police are dragging their feet I would go straight to the local MP.

(Thinking about it, maybe check there's no similarity between the MP and the guy caught on the camera first)

Seriously, it seems to get the best results, the police don't respond well to direct complaints, from the people they're meant to be serving, that they aren't doing enough or appeals to logic, commonsense or reason but, they do respond well to the chain of command and pressure from above.

HOLA447
HOLA448

If there's any sense that the police are dragging their feet I would go straight to the local MP.

(Thinking about it, maybe check there's no similarity between the MP and the guy caught on the camera first)

Seriously, it seems to get the best results, the police don't respond well to direct complaints, from the people they're meant to be serving, that they aren't doing enough or appeals to logic, commonsense or reason but, they do respond well to the chain of command and pressure from above.

There is a General Election taking place. We therefore have no MP.

Could the camera/stuff have been up much longer, and just passed hitherto unnoticed?

From what I understand, very unlikely.

I do not know if my ex and her BF retained copies of the images of the intruder. If it were me, I would be taking prints of the picture and be knocking on doors of the neighbourhood asking if anyone recognised the intruder. I would also be making it clear to the Police that I would use extreme force if necessary to defend myself and my family on the premises.

As it is, I am not the victim of this trespass so the matter is not in my hands.

HOLA449

There is a General Election taking place. We therefore have no MP.

From what I understand, very unlikely.

I do not know if my ex and her BF retained copies of the images of the intruder. If it were me, I would be taking prints of the picture and be knocking on doors of the neighbourhood asking if anyone recognised the intruder. I would also be making it clear to the Police that I would use extreme force if necessary to defend myself and my family on the premises.

As it is, I am not the victim of this trespass so the matter is not in my hands.

That will guarantee you get their attention and get them into action - but, sadly, only in arresting you!

HOLA4410

I imagine this camera thing doesn't look like the BBC outside broadcast vans of the 60s!

It's probably a small thing from Maplins.

What you should do, is take the camera to the bedroom window, and aim it at where you found the camera. You will then get some footage of someone not finding their camera!

HOLA4411

There is a General Election taking place. We therefore have no MP. As it is, I am not the victim of this trespass so the matter is not in my hands.

MPs still must accept and deal with casework, even though there is an election. Mostly it will be dealt with underlings, and if there is a change of MP, just be passed to the new MP's underlings.

One thought, that's crossed my mind, is could it be a private detective, and the focus isn't your daughter? Do local authorities chasing benefits cheats farm the work out to private detectives?

I had a GPS tracker attached to the underside of my car once and it turned out to be a private detective employed by someone suing me. They also made attempts to follow me.

HOLA4412

That will guarantee you get their attention and get them into action - but, sadly, only in arresting you!

They could hardly arrest me for making such a statement, and I would hope they would instead take the necessary steps to protect my family.

Necessary force is justified by it's very necessity.

HOLA4413

MPs still must accept and deal with casework, even though there is an election. Mostly it will be dealt with underlings, and if there is a change of MP, just be passed to the new MP's underlings.

One thought, that's crossed my mind, is could it be a private detective, and the focus isn't your daughter? Do local authorities chasing benefits cheats farm the work out to private detectives?

I had a GPS tracker attached to the underside of my car once and it turned out to be a private detective employed by someone suing me. They also made attempts to follow me.

I don't think it is any local authority; they would have no cause, and installing the camera involved trespass.]

It looks like 'straightforward' voyeurism.

I hope you moved the GPS tracker onto a long-distance National Express coach :D

HOLA4414

They could hardly arrest me for making such a statement, and I would hope they would instead take the necessary steps to protect my family.

Necessary force is justified by it's very necessity.

Calm down! Probably just some kid, or saddo, as Winkie says. Probably nothing in it but I think it is still disturbing.

You can buy "James Bond" quality spying kit from Maplin's, for a few quid, so people do.

HOLA4415

I can empathise with your situation OP, it's a pretty unnerving feeling when your home (or of those that you care for) have been violated. Feels a bit like being robbed but the racing thoughts of the perp coming back are, IMHO, even worse.

When me and the wife were at uni in our second year we found out (to some shock I'd hasten to add!) that she was pregnant. I moved in with her straight away in a less-than salubrious area of Hull (my car insurance was the most it's even been in my life). Fast forward 6-7 months (she was pretty large at this point), one night she noticed out the front window something in the shadows. She turned the lights out in the room so she could see if there was anything out there and to her shock she saw some bloke pulling his pudding while staring right at her.

I was working nights at the time so wasn't there, but after that I quit and got a different job so I could be around at nights.

I suggest your ex gets a big dog, or alternatively to the point raised earlier on best weaponry, a rounders bat is FTW. Problem with a baseball bat is it's quite slow. A rounders bat can get in multiple hits in the same time, and it's difficult to get off you once you start swinging (not that I've thought about this too much!)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I started drawing a Venn diagram to illustrate, but it ended up as a **** n balls.

I bet if you'd accidentally moved into the hoity toity part of London, for bad driving public masturbators, where George Michaels lives, you wouldn't have got rinsed on your car insurance - that's the problem with this country, it's always one rule for the elite.

HOLA4420

Somebody has been drawing ***** shapes over potholes, to encourage the council to fill them in.

HOLA4421

Somebody has been drawing ***** shapes over potholes, to encourage the council to fill them in.

I can't say p-e-n-i-s? That's a proper doctor's word!

HOLA4422

drug lords use those shapes to indicate the location in the nearest bush of the Crack Cocaine cache in a chip paper.

HOLA4423

drug lords use those shapes to indicate the location in the nearest bush of the Crack Cocaine cache in a chip paper.

I'm in Gurt Clodney. I need to find my nearest "bush".

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived