House Price Crash Forum

The Collapse Of The Russian Bear Thread

R K

HOLA441

Russian st mkt showed bullish tendency yday.

FED meeting tonight v imp. As well as Greek Pres vote.

Guess investors are beginning to think it is time for Western powers to fix the oil market like it fixes everything else or risk economic chaos.

UK being a case in point, we may be a net energy importer, however we punch above our weight on oil investments, possibly oil interests five times what we actually use. Oil implosion would be curtains for UK plc just as it is for Russia.

Edited by crashmonitor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration.

The US govt has been systematically torturing people for "fun" and gathered no useful information. Some poor in America are living in sewers, whilst the American rich live the high life.

Don't forget a US company killed thousands of Indians and no one cared in the US and no executives were prosecuted. In fact the US blocked the extradition of these individuals and denied the Indians to sue in US courts. However the US isn't corrupt.

I don't want to hijack this topic onto another issue, but no where did I say that the US was not corrupt. To claim that it is the most corrupt, though, is just nonsense. Every country has some corruption in government.

And if being an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration isn't evidence of being an idiot, I don't know what is.

HOLA444

I don't want to hijack this topic onto another issue, but no where did I say that the US was not corrupt. To claim that it is the most corrupt, though, is just nonsense. Every country has some corruption in government.

And if being an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration isn't evidence of being an idiot, I don't know what is.

Define how you measure corruption?

The largest corporate failures in history have been US in World Com and Enron due to fraud and corruption, some would also consider Bear Sterns and Lehman's should be on this list.

This question probably needs a new thread, but the US does have major corruption issues.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/

The Post found:

• There have been 61,998 cash seizures made on highways and elsewhere since 9/11 without search warrants or indictments through the Equitable Sharing Program, totaling more than $2.5 billion. State and local authorities kept more than $1.7 billion of that while Justice, Homeland Security and other federal agencies received $800 million. Half of the seizures were below $8,800.
  • Only a sixth of the seizures were legally challenged, in part because of the costs of legal action against the government. But in 41 percent of cases — 4,455 — where there was a challenge, the government agreed to return money. The appeals process took more than a year in 40 percent of those cases and often required owners of the cash to sign agreements not to sue police over the seizures.
  • Hundreds of state and local departments and drug task forces appear to rely on seized cash, despite a federal ban on the money to pay salaries or otherwise support budgets. The Post found that 298 departments and 210 task forces have seized the equivalent of 20 percent or more of their annual budgets since 2008.
  • Agencies with police known to be participating in the Black Asphalt intelligence network have seen a 32 percent jump in seizures beginning in 2005, three times the rate of other police departments. Desert Snow-trained officers reported more than $427 million in cash seizures during highway stops in just one five-year period, according to company officials. More than 25,000 police have belonged to Black Asphalt, company officials said.

Legal theft by the police.

Edited by interestrateripoff

HOLA445

I think the problem with the US isnt' that that they are the most corrupt, it's that they pretend to be whiter than white, act as if they are the leaders of the free world and seem to think they have a god given right to tell other people what they can and can't do. That's the issue. And they are finding out that the world doesn't work like that anymore. It is becoming increasingly multi-polar.

HOLA446

Define how you measure corruption?

The largest corporate failures in history have been US in World Com and Enron due to fraud and corruption, some would also consider Bear Sterns and Lehman's should be on this list.

This question probably needs a new thread, but the US does have major corruption issues.

So it is OK, that Putler the Invader has consolidated all executive and economical power in Russia, abuse basic human rights of 140 million of Russians, destroyed all political opposition, raped the Russian democracy by an unbelievable level of election fraud in history of human kind, him and his 10 friends are the largest Russian Oligarchs of all times owning almost all Russian economy, destroyed the Russian economy and currency, invaded and murdered people of Ukraine and Georgia. And he is probably the richest man on this planet ...

In contrast with a few fraudulent Enron executives, who ended up in jail with long sentences ..

Wow, another Putler's propaganda, which does not pass the 5 second bullsh.t test and defies any logic ...

HOLA447

I think the problem with the US isnt' that that they are the most corrupt, it's that they pretend to be whiter than white, act as if they are the leaders of the free world and seem to think they have a god given right to tell other people what they can and can't do. That's the issue. And they are finding out that the world doesn't work like that anymore. It is becoming increasingly multi-polar.

Yes, it is very strange that 27 countries joined on their own free will NATO to be protected by the USA and the whole collective against people like Putler the Invader.

And there is a long queue of another 15 countries, which again on their own free will would like to join or closely cooperate with NATO to be protected again mainly by the USA from people like Putler the Invader.

The issue is not that USA are helping their friends -> rest of the free and democratic nations on this planet. The issue is why Putler does not understand that he is the problem ....

HOLA448

So it is OK, that Putler the Invader has consolidated all executive and economical power in Russia, abuse basic human rights of 140 million of Russians, destroyed all political opposition, raped the Russian democracy by an unbelievable level of election fraud in history of human kind, him and his 10 friends are the largest Russian Oligarchs of all times owning almost all Russian economy, destroyed the Russian economy and currency, invaded and murdered people of Ukraine and Georgia. And he is probably the richest man on this planet ...

In contrast with a few fraudulent Enron executives, who ended up in jail with long sentences ..

Wow, another Putler's propaganda, which does not pass the 5 second bullsh.t test and defies any logic ...

But comparisons with Hitler don't serve any purpose either. If true they'd leave us with no alternative but nuclear war.

HOLA449

But comparisons with Hitler don't serve any purpose either. If true they'd leave us with no alternative but nuclear war.

So invading Georgia and Ukraine and killing their citizens for some strange Putler's political gains at home does not bring any similarities to Hitler's and Stalin's policies whatsoever ???

Wow .... it looks like you have skipped the secondary school history education covering first half of 20th century to me ....

HOLA4410

Where have I ever said Putin was a saint? He's clearly running the country to benefit his own interests and friends.

Russia is corrupt, the US is corrupt, the UK is corrupt. Picking out the most corrupt is a pointless exercise, because subtle corruption can be worse than blatant in your face corruption.

All power corrupts.

The US has destroyed all political opposition, its a two party system with no real choice. You can vote for candidates approved by large corporations or you can vote for another candidate who's approved by large corporations.

Iraq/Afghanistan were invaded by the US with tens of thousands of killed.

Who is the most corrupt is a debate that can not be resolved, but to think I'm a Putin lover is delusional.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Keep calm and carry on. It's all under control:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11298571/Vladimir-Putin-named-Russias-Man-of-the-Year-for-the-15th-time-in-a-row.html

Vladimir Putin named Russia's 'Man of the Year' - for the 15th time in a row

Russian president proves too popular yet again for his rivals, sweeping up 68 per cent of the public vote in competition he has dominated since becoming prime minister in 1999

Edited by Damik

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Yes, it is very strange that 27 countries joined on their own free will NATO to be protected by the USA and the whole collective against people like Putler the Invader.

And there is a long queue of another 15 countries, which again on their own free will would like to join or closely cooperate with NATO to be protected again mainly by the USA from people like Putler the Invader.

The issue is not that USA are helping their friends -> rest of the free and democratic nations on this planet. The issue is why Putler does not understand that he is the problem ....

not really any more strange than Satellites of the USSR joined the warsaw Pact.

Nato is a gang...some people want to be members....

Me, Im not in favour of gangs, as they tend to involve me in a fight that isnt mine, gains me nothing, and gets me and my family killed on a foreign land.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Do you think the 100,000+ innocent Iraqi's who were killed by Allied bombing want their lives back?

These 100k were mainly killed by Shia/Sunni civil war. And they "love" Saddam so much they have immediately legislated in the Constitution, that no one from his Party is ever allowed in public service ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De-Ba%27athification#Accountability_and_Justice_Act_.282008.29

The Accountability and Just Act of 2008 was the 10th law passed by the Iraqi Parliament in that year.[97] The law defines de-Ba'athification as "The procedures… to intellectually, administratively, politically, culturally and economically dismantle the Ba’ath Party system in Iraqi society, state institutions, and civil society institutions." The Ba'ath Party is recognized as the party "which took power on 17/07/1968 and [was] prohibited by article (7) of the Iraqi constitution." A member of the Ba'ath Party, subject to the penalties of the law is defined as, "any individual who joined the Ba'ath Party and gave an oath of allegiance to it."[98] Collaborators are defined as any individual who worked with or benefited from the Ba'ath Party.[99]

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

1/ not really any more strange than Satellites of the USSR joined the warsaw Pact.

2/ Nato is a gang...some people want to be members....

1/ Under gun point

2/ On their own free will to be protected from guys like Putler the Invader

Edited by Damik

HOLA4420

1/ Under gun point

2/ On their own free will to be protected from guys like Putler the Invader

Thats one spin on it...but the result is, we have two gangs...And now NATO is all over the World with no Russia to fight...Bankers are doing that job for them, for a cause that has nothing to do with the UK, its trade or its safety.

HOLA4421

Thats one spin on it...but the result is, we have two gangs...And now NATO is all over the World with no Russia to fight...Bankers are doing that job for them, for a cause that has nothing to do with the UK, its trade or its safety.

You are an insult to all victims (murdered or abused) of Warsaw pact / Soviets. Shame on you! You have never witnessed it and you will be telling me and my people how great it was.

NATO is not a gang of slaves under gun point like the Warsaw pact was. NATO is a group of free democratic friends, who are afraid and fed up with morons like Putler the Invader.

Edited by Damik

HOLA4422

You are an insult to all victims (murdered or abused) of Warsaw pact / Soviets. Shame on you! You have never witnessed it and you will be telling me and my people how great it was.

NATO is not a gang of slaves under gun point like the Warsaw pact was. NATO is a group of free democratic friends, who are afraid and fed up with morons like Putler the Invader.

when did you vote for NATO membership?

NATO is in Afghanistan today...nothing North Alantic about that.

And I am also to be ashamed of not providing protection to all victims of gangs, street ones, regional ones, governmental ones. Where does you guilt trip ever end in defending people and interests that arent yours? All you are doing is empowering your particular choice of gang, which currently is murdering indigenous peoples in Afghanistan, has done in the Former Yugoslavia, Libya, recently and Im sure many other places time forgot.

HOLA4423

1/ when did you vote for NATO membership?

2/ gang, which currently is murdering indigenous peoples in Afghanistan, has done in the Former Yugoslavia, Libya, recently and Im sure many other places time forgot.

1/ Every elections

2/ Afghans are fighting Taliban. Pakistanis are fighting Taliban. The whole world is fighting Taliban. Even Iran did ...

3/ Former Yugoslavia - ethnic cleansing of Kosovans

4/ Libya - crazy dictator and his sons running the country with an iron fist

Edited by Damik

HOLA4424

1/ Every elections

2/ Afghans are fighting Taliban. Pakistanis are fighting Taliban. The whole world is fighting Taliban. Even Iran did ...

1: give me a break.

2: I have no problem with people fighting their own wars on their own turf. Taliban seems to be quite a popular movement that other Governments dont like...maybe it is their independent nature that others find so offensive. But, they are nothing at all to do with UK.

HOLA4425

Taliban seems to be quite a popular movement that other Governments dont like...maybe it is their independent nature that others find so offensive. But, they are nothing at all to do with UK.

Taliban is very popular indeed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30491435

Militants from the Pakistani Taliban have attacked an army-run school in Peshawar, killing 141 people, 132 of them children, the military say.

So it is OK when the Asian kids are wasted, but not OK if the UK kids are wasted ... Wow ...

Edited by Damik