House Price Crash Forum

There's A Rat In Me Kitchen

Guest eight

HOLA441
HOLA442

I got the full size electric rat zapper and it worked a treat with nutella as bait.

The Ratzappa works a treat and imo is the most humane way of dealing with mice and rats. Mine was heavy on batteries so I modded it to use D type batteries. They do a mains adapter if you're not into simple soldering diy.

Once the rat has been killed, an led flashes. Wrap the zappa in a rag (to avoid your scent getting on it) and empty the dead rat into the wheelie bin.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Right, okay. You're not the first person to say this on this thread.

Tell me, why the f*ck do they come into our houses to eat our food?

Now, moles is another matter entirely.

The mention of moles makes me laugh, It reminds me of my ex-father-in-law, who was a seething ball of resentment. He had moles in his garden. His neighbours had moles in their garden. But in his paranoid, downtrodden worldview, it was his neighbours moles coming in to infest his garden.

Needless to say, he had high blood pressure.

HOLA446

why the f*ck do they come into our houses to eat our food?

If it's just one rat, most likely it's a 3/4 grown male as the 'King Rat' no longer wants them around. Not sure how a female turns up after that but sometimes they do.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

We had two rats in the house for a week, while our daughter was away on business, but she picked them up yesterday. Cute little things, I miss them.

Yes, they are clever aswell! But that might be "cute domesticated" rats! Not dangerous wild ones that wil eat my cables!

HOLA4410

Call a pest controller ?

A bit of a waste of time imo. The modern traps are incredibly efficient...though I am talking mice not rats. Had some work done on the roof and a family of mice moved into the attic in the spring. Within 36 hours all six were dead using just two traps and not heard a thing since. I guess there must be something just as efficient for rats...just bigger traps. I guess mice must be pretty thick...you would have thought that number five and six would have worked it out...may be rats are a bit brighter.

Archived