House Price Crash Forum

Russia Passes Bill Making It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

HOLA441

My opinion is shared by several gay friends of mine, in fact that's how I formed that opinion in the first place, because they told me so. Everyone is different, some might know it quite early on, but others only 'switch side' much later in life often after having even had good heterosexual relationships.

---

Interesting, every gay person I've ever discussed this with has said the opposite, I guess this shows the problem with anecdotal information.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Seeing you in an evangelical light is no surprise.

Having affinity with cult manipulation theories should have been a bit of a giveaway, such ignorance really suits you.

..._

As I said previously I'm not religious at all. Indeed I would describe myself as having no religion.

I just understand that sacred places must remain so and be protected from those who would defile them. And that includes mosques, tree circles, churches etc etc.

HOLA443
HOLA444

It's good to see that the majority in Russia are on the right track:

At the same time, the latest opinion polls shown an overwhelming majority of Russians support the ban on promotion of non-traditional sex. The share of supporters has grown to 88 percent from 86 percent last year. Moreover, 42 percent of those polled say homosexuality should be made a criminal offence, and 25 percent say that it should be subject to “public condemnation”.

http://rt.com/politics/vote-bill-propaganda-gay-520/

HOLA445

It's just not relevant. Children certainly don't need to know about it. It was never part of my education.

And it's hardly a 'chunk'. More like less than 5% at max.

It's hugely relevant. A good number of those kids are non-visibly different, growing up in a world where everything is telling them they're expected to be different than they experience themselves as being. For those who aren't, they're going to spend their lives interacting with them.

Regards your ludicrously low figure, worth bearing in mind that as of 2010, the website gaydar alone had 2.2m unique uk users - disproportionately young and affluent, so the population as a whole is certainly well above that (they set it at a minimum of 7%).

HOLA446

For those who aren't, they're going to spend their lives interacting with them.

Sexuality is totally irrelevant to how you interact with someone. I treat all people the same. I don't interact differently with the gay people I know. I don't need to know they are gay and frankly I don't care.

And on the last point, what is with 'Gay pride' and similar marches? Why do they need to have a march? Do we have Hetrosexual celebratory marches?

HOLA447

What rubbish

The whole of society promotes heterosexuality as the ideal so why do some children turn out to be gay.

You have some strange ideas on personal developemt

Strangely enough kids don't really know that they are gay until much later (usually late teens, early twenties), at least that's my experience with the gays I know personally (and some are good friends).

IMHO being gay is not something you are born with, it's something that develops over time so promoting gayism at school will only lead to more kids starting to think they are gay that otherwise wouldn't have become gay.

HOLA448

Sexuality is totally irrelevant to how you interact with someone. I treat all people the same. I don't interact differently with the gay people I know. I don't need to know they are gay and frankly I don't care.

And on the last point, what is with 'Gay pride' and similar marches? Why do they need to have a march? Do we have Hetrosexual celebratory marches?

How lovely. The fact that homophobic bullying exists (including efforts to airbrush gay people out of society) suggests not everybody treats everyone equally, thus necessitating its inclusion as part of a broad ranging education.

Regards heterosexual celebrations, yes, we have them regularly, it's called Friday and Saturday night on any town's high street.

HOLA449

I think you will find that the whole of society is constructed on the basis "celebrating" heterosexuality.

The reason these marches started in the first instance was to fight for the right not to be descriminated against by the whole of society and of course the authorities and occured at the same time as the civil rights movement in the USA

gay people are celebrating their right to be visable when not that many years ago they were being sent to the concentration camps

http://www.stop-homophobia.com/thegayholocaust.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Society exists when we celebrate everyone equally, rather then directing people as to the consenting adults they should want to sleep with.

I think Errol meant that while heterosexuality is required for humanity to continue to exist, homosexuality does not contribute to the propagation of the human species.

From a biological POV homosexuality is a mistake of nature, just like other birth defects or disabilities.

HOLA4415

They (the 'musicians' involved) recieved exactly the punishment they deserved. They defiled one of the holiest sites in Russia - dancing on/around the altar and using foul language.

The church must be defended. Sacred places must be defended (and no, I'm not religious at all).

The musicians deserved to have the book thrown at them and it quite rightly was.

This explains your earlier offensive comment

HOLA4416

This explains your earlier offensive comment

In what way? Defiling a church is a serious offence. There was nothing controversional in my statement. The Russian 'musicians' went to virtually the most holy place in Russia and defiled an altar. They deserved prison. No more, no less - and that is what they got.

The punishment was fair and not extreme given the gravity of the offence.

HOLA4417

I think Errol meant that while heterosexuality is required for humanity to continue to exist, homosexuality does not contribute to the propagation of the human species.

From a biological POV homosexuality is a mistake of nature, just like other birth defects or disabilities.

I suppose if one views human society as analogous to ant society such a view could make sense.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It's a good piece of legislation this. I agree with it.

I don't see why that sort of propaganda should be allowed.

Do you think children shouldn't be taught of the existence of women too?

or just homosexuals.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

How do you square that with this?

Easily. Other animals (not humans) have sacred places as well. Elephants, for instance have burial/bone sites etc etc, many species have generational grazing grounds etc etc. I would accord them equal respect and give the same punishment if a human was caught defiling them.

HOLA4422

In your earlier post you said that teaching children that some people are homosexual was

"propaganda"

your use of that word and meaning shows you agree with treating homosexuals differently.

I'm deeply offended by your blatant homophobia and I'm not even gay.

HOLA4423

Easily. Other animals (not humans) have sacred places as well. Elephants, for instance have burial/bone sites etc etc, many species have generational grazing grounds etc etc. I would accord them equal respect and give the same punishment if a human was caught defiling them.

And when elephants display homosexual behaviour?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

In your earlier post you said that teaching children that some people are homosexual was

"propaganda"

your use of that word and meaning shows you agree with treating homosexuals differently.

I don't think I said that.

Archived