House Price Crash Forum

Russia Passes Bill Making It Illegal To Tell Kids Gay People Exist

HOLA441

children need to be taught about the real world they live in, not some sanitised version

True, maybe we should start by teaching them the fundamental things like how our monetary system works and what fractional reserve banking is and how democracy is simply an illusion, how governments are controlled by corporations and banksters, don't you think that's far more important than teaching them about homosexuality?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

True, maybe we should start by teaching them the fundamental things like how our monetary system works and what fractional reserve banking is and how democracy is simply an illusion, how governments are controlled by corporations and banksters, don't you think that's far more important than teaching them about homosexuality?

I don't see how knowledge of any one thing precludes knowledge of any other, so i would show them evidence that demonstrates the issues you raise and try to help them join the dots. What I wouldn't do is simply pass on my opinions as facts and forbid them from being made aware of any facts contrary to my views.

Laws against telling people things that are known truths are bad laws. You've got to decide whether you're educating or indoctrinating.

HOLA443

I still haven't managed to figure out why the Russian government bothers to pass any laws of any kind. I guess it gives them something to do.

It's good to see that the majority in Russia are on the right track:

At the same time, the latest opinion polls shown an overwhelming majority of Russians support the ban on promotion of non-traditional sex. The share of supporters has grown to 88 percent from 86 percent last year. Moreover, 42 percent of those polled say homosexuality should be made a criminal offence, and 25 percent say that it should be subject to "public condemnation".

http://rt.com/politi...aganda-gay-520/

Russian state propaganda supports policy of Russian state. I'm shocked.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I obviously disapprove of what amounts to state-backed persecution of homosexuals in Russia. However, in light of the Savile scandal which caused me to read more about paedophiles and their modus operandi, than I would have previously, I do think care must be taken with the gay rights agenda.

Things like lowering the homosexual age of consent, under the banner of equality, would seem to greatly favour older sexual predators in a world where two seventeen year olds engaged in a homosexual relationship, by mutual consent, would never have been prosecuted and I would very much doubt they would have been in any fear of it.

I have, frankly, grave concerns about any adult who's interested in talking to young children about sexual matters and if these adults attempted it outside the auspices of state schooling it would never be tolerated. So, similarly, it's possible to see how paedophiles could manipulate an agenda to sexualise young children through the trojan horse of gay rights.

HOLA446

I obviously disapprove of what amounts to state-backed persecution of homosexuals in Russia. However, in light of the Savile scandal which caused me to read more about paedophiles and their modus operandi, than I would have previously, I do think care must be taken with the gay rights agenda.

Things like lowering the homosexual age of consent, under the banner of equality, would seem to greatly favour older sexual predators in a world where two seventeen year olds engaged in a homosexual relationship, by mutual consent, would never have been prosecuted and I would very much doubt they would have been in any fear of it.

I have, frankly, grave concerns about any adult who's interested in talking to young children about sexual matters and if these adults attempted it outside the auspices of state schooling it would never be tolerated. So, similarly, it's possible to see how paedophiles could manipulate an agenda to sexualise young children through the trojan horse of gay rights.

So up the age of consent and bring in a Romeo and Juliet exemption so young people can still have at it with each other, but oldies have got to steer clear till they're proper adults (at whatever age that is).

So for example, blanket age of consent at 18 with Romeo and Juliet 4 year exemption means that the youngsters carry on as they are, but once you've hit 22 you're limited to 18 plus.

In an ideal world kids would be told what they need to know by their parents, but sometimes parents don't bother, so they do need to teach it in school as a safety net. Obviously I agree that random adults sholdn't be talking to random kids about sex.

HOLA447
Guest eight

You seem to have a very strange definition of homophobia, :rolleyes: I haven't seen a single homophobic post in this thread.

What I have seen though is many people where the government PC brainwashing propaganda has clearly worked very well. <_<

---

This is the same point I was trying to make on the Woolwich thread - people, who, despite not being muslims themselves, were falling over themselves to defend islam. Same thing on this thread with homosexuality. If it's that great/compelling you might want to ask yourself why you don't partake yourself, or else leave speaking up for it to those who do.

HOLA448

Russia is definitely not the country for a young man or woman to find out they like samesies.

Stalin made homosexuality illegal. Hitler did the same.

So much for progress.

It is a ridiculous policy from a ridiculous government.

Funny that most pious anti-homosexual pundits are eventually caught knee deep in a same sex scandal...or worse.

HOLA449

But you could say this about almost any government though. The UK/US governments are equally as ridiculous and possibly even less representative of the population.

HOLA4410

Russia is definitely not the country for a young man or woman to find out they like samesies.

Stalin made homosexuality illegal. Hitler did the same.

So much for progress.

Funny that most pious anti-homosexual pundits are eventually caught knee deep in a same sex scandal...or worse.

Knee-deep? Sick, just sick.

HOLA4411

This is the same point I was trying to make on the Woolwich thread - people, who, despite not being muslims themselves, were falling over themselves to defend islam. Same thing on this thread with homosexuality. If it's that great/compelling you might want to ask yourself why you don't partake yourself, or else leave speaking up for it to those who do.

I don't think that it is as easy as that.

As a democrat, I have to acknowledge that this policy seems to enjoy the support of the majority of the Russian people.

But,

Will these same people feel happy about the inevitable vilification of homosexuals that will follow this policy?

What is needed is a balance, a balance that acknowledges the feelings of the majority, yet does not punish the minority.

As a heterosexual, why can't I speak up for homosexuals if they are being vilified and I don't think it fair?

What is so difficult about the word Freedom?

HOLA4412
Guest eight

I don't think that it is as easy as that.

Neither do I but I'm having difficulty expressing exactly what I mean. Something like, I'm not a homosexual, but I don't have a problem with other people who are, but I also don't have a problem with people who have a problem with people who are.

Here in the UK especially it seems that we have moved into some kind of supposed post-enlightenment where having certain views on any number of previously contentious issues is not only seen as morally or subjectively wrong, but indeed factually wrong. It's that that gets my back up I think. I don't like to be told what to think, even if it is actually what I think, if you see what I mean.

HOLA4413

But you could say this about almost any government though. The UK/US governments are equally as ridiculous and possibly even less representative of the population.

Yes, but from the point of view of same sex rights, the UK/US are generally far ahead of the pack.

What you love and lust after, in terms of adulthood should be no business of the state... to a certain degree of course.

Nor should the education system be ignorant of the true reflection of society.

Once you start blacklisting real sections of society, whose next?

Come on now, how many of you oldies were touched up by sicko Catholic priests, yet scorned and beaten when you told your parents of such abuses?

It is still perfectly acceptable for old men to marry and have sex with very young women in much of the Arab world.

The world is a fvcked up place, and Russia it seems, is reverting to age old corrupt policy driven by the 'good' book.

HOLA4414
Guest eight

Once you start blacklisting real sections of society, whose next?

Unless the section of society being blacklisted is those who find homosexuality repulsive?

HOLA4415

You seem to have a very strange definition of homophobia, :rolleyes: I haven't seen a single homophobic post in this thread.

What I have seen though is many people where the government PC brainwashing propaganda has clearly worked very well. <_<

---

The homophobia here is mostly passive, but real and in places very offensive. Some posts refer to homosexuality being a 'lifestyle' as if it were a choice. Others refer to the 'promotion' and 'propaganda' of homosexuality. Promotion is not the same as education and to confuse the two is dangerous. Posters use words like 'gays' and 'gayism' and phrases like 'becoming gay', again as if it were some sort of lifestyle choice rather than (arguably more likely) a continuously variable spectrum of sexuality. The language is used in such a way as to confer inferiority on gay people.

HOLA4416

Unless the section of society being blacklisted is those who find homosexuality repulsive?

Do tell, is it more repulsive than training young men and women to kill?

Or forcing people to behave in a way they simply aren't wired for?

It's not a lifestyle choice. It's part of the human condition.

Even the ancient Greeks were more in touch with sexuality than we are today.

HOLA4417
Guest eight

Do tell, is it more repulsive than training young men and women to kill?

Good question. I consider myself a liberal and would say (and probably believe) that I don't have any issues with homosexuality. But at the end of the day I wouldn't fancy a **** rammed up my ***. So am I really as comfortable with it as I say? Or do I just talk a good game?

I can easily imagine people - in fact I know folks who are - physically repulsed by the thought of men having sex with each other. Now repulsion is a physical feeling. Bad enough that we don't allow people to express their thoughts, but their feelings now? Very dangerous territory as far as I'm concerned.

HOLA4418

The UK is a repressed country with regards to hetero and homosexuality. "Oh no my child is NOT allowed to know about sexual things or condoms!!!!!!!". Backward.

However, it will never become Russia considering the obsession with dressing up as women and gay radio and TV presenters.

HOLA4419

Good question. I consider myself a liberal and would say (and probably believe) that I don't have any issues with homosexuality. But at the end of the day I wouldn't fancy a **** rammed up my ***. So am I really as comfortable with it as I say? Or do I just talk a good game?

You're perfectly entitled to that feeling of course.

However, I think the 'feeling' is more common than most are led to believe.

Not aimed at you specifically, but ask a sales clerk in Anne Summers what a lot of 'straight' men buy.

A mate of mine works in IT at a UK university, and sees EVERYTHING that the students watch. Not naming names or faces, but a whole lot of men watch things that would be classified as 'gay'.

Been to a gym lately? Or leafed through a Men's Health magazine?

Or better yet, the icon to the closeted politicians... as pointed out earlier in this thread.

vladimir-putin-hunting-with-rifle.jpg

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

{hypocrite}

Are they ever! Woof woof!!!

{/hypocrite}

:lol:

Was going to ask if this might be the wrong place to post the Stonewall GAYS LOL billboard as well!

Completely passive on the subject TBH, I don't think an invasion of the homo's is going to be the thing that causes the extinction of the human race.

HOLA4424

What puts most men off on "homosex" is the act of penetration. With women it's fine as there is no penetration (no willy penetration anyway).

So in a typical man's man lesbo sex is fine. But male on male isn't because it involves the idea of penetration by willy. (rightly or wrongly, im sure many gay men prefer other means of stimulation).

Anyway, it's about penetration mostly, I think.

HOLA4425

Archived