House Price Crash Forum

The Next Big Thing

Tuberider

HOLA441

Link to PDF

Was it Warren Buffet who said, he who shorts America is sure to lose ?

Could be the start of a big shift in manufacturing away from China towards the USA again.

And where America leads, the west follows...

P.s

Also saw on the BBC today that the tiddlies are attacking Japanese factories due to the islands dispute. Surely this will cause some Japs companies to rethink their China production strategy?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I don't see there being a next big thing at the mo...unless someone invents free energy ( tax free ? ), personal levitation devices, or cheap inter-planetary transport.

All that I can see being left is...knock it down and start again....i.e. WAR.

Let's hope we loose this time.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The next big thing will be religion.

People hacked off that the consumer lifestyle fulfils nothing.

So you had the iphone 1 thru 5....what has really changed in your life?

Religion is/was a mechanism for propaganda and control.

We have at least 84% TV coverage in the UK, the internet usage has exploded, the UK government no longer has a need for religion, hence why after 2000 years we see a massive decline in the church....Have you been to a church lately....mostly full of people in their 70's and some odd young people. The church could be dead in 30 years

HOLA447

Religion is/was a mechanism for propaganda and control.

We have at least 84% TV coverage in the UK, the internet usage has exploded, the UK government no longer has a need for religion, hence why after 2000 years we see a massive decline in the church....Have you been to a church lately....mostly full of people in their 70's and some odd young people. The church could be dead in 30 years

dying and starving often fills the churches.

Its a mistake to suggest religion is all about churches though.

We all believe in something...just wonder how we can make money out of this belief,

How many other Governments have decided that religion is bad for them...and survived?

HOLA448

dying and starving often fills the churches.

Possibly, when you can't afford electricity for the 42 inch advert machine in the corner of your room then you might turn to the church.

Its a mistake to suggest religion is all about churches though.

The church and god are 2 different things. If there is a god then I am pretty certain he would be appauled at how churched/organised religion work and run.

We all believe in something...just wonder how we can make money out of this belief,

No we don't. Hope and belief are two different things.

How many other Governments have decided that religion is bad for them...and survived?

Dunno, how many ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA449

I don't see there being a next big thing at the mo...unless someone invents free energy ( tax free ? ), personal levitation devices, or cheap inter-planetary transport.

All that I can see being left is...knock it down and start again....i.e. WAR.

Let's hope we loose this time.

d81d71be6b0d67a21a6152fe116124a4.jpg?ts=1259050464

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

This crisis will not go on forever. It will pass, one way or the other. People will still need food, shelter, clothing and machines to do stuff for them - and there will be a release of pent-up demand once things reset. These things will all have to be made somewhere. China has proved that it is only good for making low quality tat - they simply do not have the mindset to produce quality goods like the Japanese or the Germans (or the yanks for that matter). It's inside the people.

America used to make some great products and they will again.

The wheel turns.

HOLA4414

This crisis will not go on forever. It will pass, one way or the other. People will still need food, shelter, clothing and machines to do stuff for them - and there will be a release of pent-up demand once things reset. These things will all have to be made somewhere. China has proved that it is only good for making low quality tat - they simply do not have the mindset to produce quality goods like the Japanese or the Germans (or the yanks for that matter). It's inside the people.

The wheel turns.

you assume there will still BE people needing stuff.

Chinese are rioting and destroying Japanese goods as I write this....DEMANDING WAR with Japan.

Maybe a good cheap to produce tank like the T34 would be a good place to start.

HOLA4415

you assume there will still BE people needing stuff.

Chinese are rioting and destroying Japanese goods as I write this....DEMANDING WAR with Japan.

Maybe a good cheap to produce tank like the T34 would be a good place to start.

There will always be war and rumours of wars.

Some people have always preached that the end of the world is just around the corner. You can't think like that, just gotta crack on with life mate.

HOLA4416

The wheel turns.

Indeed, but everything you speak of will only happen after the complete collapse of the current financial system, the removal of the Dollar from reserve currency status, the death of most large banks etc etc etc.

Edited by Errol

HOLA4417

Indeed, but everything you speak of will only happen after the complete collapse of the current financial system, the removal of the Dollar from reserve currency status, the death of most large banks etc etc etc.

Oh that's coming as well, right sorry I forgot.

Like the house price crash that was supposed to happen 6 years ago that you are all still convinced is just around the corner.

Riiiiiight...

HOLA4418

Also it depends where you are in the world. In China 1000 years ago there was doubtless some guy who said, in Chinese: "it's all cyclical". That person would have been right, but he died 950 years before the start of the next cycle in China. The same guy in Iran is still waiting.

HOLA4419

Removal of the dollar is happening far more quickly than people realise. You only have to look at all the recent trade/currency deals - between Russian/China, China/Germany, China/Brazil etc etc. People are moving away for using the dollar as a medium for trade.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Modern manufacturing is not that labour intensive anyway- so even if they bring it back home they won't solve the demand problem.

Unless they find a way to manufacture customers with money to spend.

Also all that lovely cheap money that Benny boy is handing out to 'create jobs' makes capital investment in labour saving technology cheaper than ever. :lol::lol::lol:

I love it when a plan comes together :rolleyes:

HOLA4422

Modern manufacturing is not that labour intensive anyway- so even if they bring it back home they won't solve the demand problem.

Also all that lovely cheap money that Benny boy is handing out to 'create jobs' makes capital investment in labour saving technology cheaper than ever. :lol::lol::lol:

Which is why Jim O'Neill (of Goldman Squid) insists that a huge population with high birth rates is the fuel for economic growth (the BRICS theory, isn't it? ).

1bn poor people are better than 60m not so poor people from his Vampiric point of view. More cows to milk.

HOLA4423

Spot on.

The US needs to sell beyond its borders to ....

Plus the UK is full of talk about exporting to ....

... China!

HOLA4424

Spot on.

The US needs to sell beyond its borders to ....

Plus the UK is full of talk about exporting to ....

... China!

There would be a lot more exporting to China without their 100% import tax on almost all imported products. There is a lot of wealth here, even with the tax there's a significant amount imported.

HOLA4425