House Price Crash Forum

What Eas Are Doing All Day...

quine

HOLA441

This appeared on my radar today. I know this house. It was sold for £850k on 29 July 2010 (with exactly the same photographs). How deceitful.

Are they so utterly bored and desperate that they are resorting to this? It's 11 Chestnut Road, KT2 5AP if you want to check sales.

http://www.rightmove...y-20690511.html

My link

HOLA442

ah, ah regrettably it must have been a computer error, or it must have been a virus which accidentally reposted an old file back on rightmove. Thank you for pointing it out to us. We will fully investigate the matter and put in procedures to ensure it will not happen again. Thank you once again.

HOLA443
HOLA444

and here is the estate response to my email...........is this legal?

Hi,

Regarding this house it is not for sale again it does say SOLD and was put back on listings purely for matching purposes.

Regards

Steve Lione

Senior Sales Negotiator

Gascoigne-Pees

Residential Sales

13-15 Richmond Road

Kingston-upon-Thames

Surrey

KT2 5BW

Tel: 0208 546 4020

Fax: 0208 547 1660

www.gpees.co.uk

HOLA445
HOLA446

and here is the estate response to my email...........is this legal?

Hi,

Regarding this house it is not for sale again it does say SOLD and was put back on listings purely for matching purposes.

Regards

Steve Lione

Senior Sales Negotiator

Gascoigne-Pees

Residential Sales

13-15 Richmond Road

Kingston-upon-Thames

Surrey

KT2 5BW

Tel: 0208 546 4020

Fax: 0208 547 1660

www.gpees.co.uk

what does that mean..is it for sale or not?

HOLA447
HOLA448

my reply back to them......waiting to hear

hi

i'm just trying to understand what you are saying here, steve

are you saying you are advertising a house that has already sold and completed, to try and deomstrate to the righmove viewers that other houses you are trying to sell currently should also be of the same value?

is that what you are saying, steve?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

If you look at listings for previous sales on Rightmove, it does show you the most recent set of photos, not the old ones. It doesn't mean a property was actually on years ago with those same pics.

I don't think that is the case FloraPoste PLUS I can assure you those are the photos from the sale in 2010. That is a fact.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

This is really making my blood boil. It surely can't be allowed can it? Who could I take this to....

I wonder what the seller would think of this? Would he have been involved in allowing this?

You could try reporting it to Rightmove themselves, although i'm not sure it's actually against their rules.

I have had the experience of buying a house that had been removed from Rightmove at the vendor's request, only to see it come back onto Rightmove as sold! I got annoyed - but then realised it's really no different to them putting up a "SOLD" board. I very much doubt the buyer or seller knows about what they've done.

If people are using Rightmove Sold/STC data as their only way of setting an offer for a house then more fool them, as this shows.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

The house at 11 Chestnut Road is now marked as going from "Available" to "STC" on 11 November. If this is what estate agents are doing then how on earth could we ever trust figures they provide for statistics?

Now that I've started looking, I'm spotting several. What I'm in the middle of doing is printing them off from the Rightmove website and posting them to the addresses in question. Without doubt Gascoigne Pees are abusing their position, using photographs and details of properties which have long since sold. Somehow I don't think the householders are going to be very impressed. There are some that I can't don't know the numbers of however a walk up that street and I'll soon find the house and pop the letter through the letterbox.

I think this is going to backfire badly on Gasgoigne Pees.

HOLA4418

The house at 11 Chestnut Road is now marked as going from "Available" to "STC" on 11 November. If this is what estate agents are doing then how on earth could we ever trust figures they provide for statistics?

Now that I've started looking, I'm spotting several. What I'm in the middle of doing is printing them off from the Rightmove website and posting them to the addresses in question. Without doubt Gascoigne Pees are abusing their position, using photographs and details of properties which have long since sold. Somehow I don't think the householders are going to be very impressed. There are some that I can't don't know the numbers of however a walk up that street and I'll soon find the house and pop the letter through the letterbox.

Fantastic idea. Keep us posted.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

get one of the rags invloved, let them know, im sure the DM would be interesed in this (possibly)

HOLA4421

Brilliant stuff. Can't wait to hear the results so that I can do it myself.

You must do it - it's just got to be done. If you were a homeowner and completely unaware that your home was being advertised in such a dishonest way, you'd want to know.

I haven't sent off the print outs yet cos I was away for the weekend. We've got a result already though - 11 Chestnut Road has been removed. I will still send the info to the householders - it's their right to know and of course they'll spread the word about how Gasgoigne Pees operate. (I'll print out this topic for the full explanation).

I sent an email to Gasgoigne Pees telling them what I was going to do but haven't had a response. I assume they read this forum so know what the situation is. I assume they also think that I won't post/deliver to the other properties as I haven't confirmed their addresses yet. WRONG. 37 Eastbury Road is on my list now. The others are very easy to identify too. Gasgoinge Pees...you have cocked up big time here. I am on a mission.

HOLA4422

You must do it - it's just got to be done. If you were a homeowner and completely unaware that your home was being advertised in such a dishonest way, you'd want to know.

I haven't sent off the print outs yet cos I was away for the weekend. We've got a result already though - 11 Chestnut Road has been removed. I will still send the info to the householders - it's their right to know and of course they'll spread the word about how Gasgoigne Pees operate. (I'll print out this topic for the full explanation).

I sent an email to Gasgoigne Pees telling them what I was going to do but haven't had a response. I assume they read this forum so know what the situation is. I assume they also think that I won't post/deliver to the other properties as I haven't confirmed their addresses yet. WRONG. 37 Eastbury Road is on my list now. The others are very easy to identify too. Gasgoinge Pees...you have cocked up big time here. I am on a mission.

This does seem a strange thing to do. I wonder if they did seek the permission of the owners first. I doubt it, though, as there would be no point in them agreeing to having their houses shown in this way.

It reminds me of the scandal a few years ago when EAs were blatantly putting their for sale boards outside popular blocks of flats where they had nothing for sale purely to generate enquiries about what they did have on their books!

HOLA4423

This does seem a strange thing to do. I wonder if they did seek the permission of the owners first. I doubt it, though, as there would be no point in them agreeing to having their houses shown in this way.

It reminds me of the scandal a few years ago when EAs were blatantly putting their for sale boards outside popular blocks of flats where they had nothing for sale purely to generate enquiries about what they did have on their books!

Of course they haven't agreed. Also it's the previous owner's goods inside the house - from nearly 2 years ago, so I suppose he's also going to be upset (re the 11 Chestnut Road property). I realise I may sound obsessed but this latest ploy by Gasgoine Pees has antagonised me greatly. I had to deal with this brigade recently, when we were looking to buy , so the calibre we are dealing with. Am also aware that there's not only one Estate Agent doing this.

SO GASGOINE PEES...I know you are watching. I am sending copies of this thread along with the Property Bee//Rightmove printouts to addresses involved and I will continue to do so for as long as it takes.

In the meantime Gasgoine Pees reputation is being slowly trashed by everyone reading this thread, by every householder involved in Gasgoine Pees dishonest practices and soon, hopefully, by the press.

HOLA4424

This appeared on my radar today. I know this house. It was sold for £850k on 29 July 2010 (with exactly the same photographs). How deceitful.

Are they so utterly bored and desperate that they are resorting to this? It's 11 Chestnut Road, KT2 5AP if you want to check sales.

http://www.rightmove...y-20690511.html

My link

LIAR EA's??

SURELY not?? ;)

HOLA4425

Of course they haven't agreed. Also it's the previous owner's goods inside the house - from nearly 2 years ago, so I suppose he's also going to be upset (re the 11 Chestnut Road property). I realise I may sound obsessed but this latest ploy by Gasgoine Pees has antagonised me greatly. I had to deal with this brigade recently, when we were looking to buy , so the calibre we are dealing with. Am also aware that there's not only one Estate Agent doing this.

SO GASGOINE PEES...I know you are watching. I am sending copies of this thread along with the Property Bee//Rightmove printouts to addresses involved and I will continue to do so for as long as it takes.

In the meantime Gasgoine Pees reputation is being slowly trashed by everyone reading this thread, by every householder involved in Gasgoine Pees dishonest practices and soon, hopefully, by the press.

I guess it would be difficult for them to take new pictures. I wonder if there is something buried in the small print of their contract to say that they can re-use the pictures and marketing material in the future? I am not trying to defend them here, by the way, just trying to think of the reasons they may be using to possibly justify doing this.

I was browsing another EA very close to this a while ago, and noticed a flat in a Victorian house for rent. I vaguely recognised the building, but not the hideous exterior decor (red gloss!) Then I noticed the Austin Maxi parked outside and realised that the lazy EA had been putting this place on the market since the 1970's but has just not bothered taking new pictures!