House Price Crash Forum

Why Do Some Think The Tories Are Nasty, Uncaring, Etc?

HOLA441

And the NHS is a complete disaster which no one in the World wants to emulate.

:blink:

As proved on this forum many times more than I can count, it is one of the most effective and efficient healthcare systems per capita in the world.

However when have facts ever got in the way of yet another vapid thatcherite rant.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

That's probably because you were 5?

Wow, that Fatcher must have been really bad.

Managing to completely destroy the country's infrastructure within 2 years of taking power.

Maybe you could add some links to the schools falling over in 1981 and how it was all a result of a Tory lack of investment.

Thanks

Edited by Goat

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

As proved on this forum many times more than I can count, it is one of the most effective and efficient healthcare systems per capita in the world.

However when have facts ever got in the way of yet another vapid thatcherite rant.

Lies damn lies and statistics dear boy

If it was so fantastic everyone would be copying it

And they aren't

because they wouldn't be so stupid

HOLA446

Wow, that Fatcher must have been really bad.

Managing to completely destroy the country's infrastructure within 2 years of taking power.

Maybe you could add some links to the schools falling over in 1981 and how it was all a result of a Tory lack of investment.

Thanks

Labour were blaming Mrs Thatcher for all the problems in the country for the entire 13 years they were in power

Now the Conservatives are in power everything is the fault of ?

You guessed it - the current Conservative government

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

It has nothing to do with them being nasty,uncaring ect. The Dunning-Kruger effect explains them perfectly.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes. The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their own abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority.

For some reason that immediately made me think of broken phones and super heros :lol:

HOLA4411

Please don't talk bo11ocks regarding where my posts come from - I'm no shill or supporter for the labour party - period. The fact about underinvestment, lack of spending, not giving a toss - or however you'd prefer me to phrase it is that in 1997 schools were falling down, literally, and waiting lists on the NHS were unacceptably long. I never said there was any nirvana created by labour, just that the tories were sh1t about investing in anything that didn't foresee a profitable return. They hate the thought that the great unwashed might get any services they didn't pay for personally.

Your pathetic reinvention of history about the country being a wasteland in 1997 could have been lifted straight out of a Ed Balls speech. That's the point of this thread, tribal Labour types come out with the knee-jerk Nasty Tory rubbish - it's a comfort blanket. Face it you've got the best of both worlds, a Tory goverment you can pine about whilst they continue Labour policy of running a decficit of 10%+ and propping up failed banks - middle class Guardian types are like pigs in shyte at the moment.

HOLA4412

I generally don't like politicians of all colours....

But I liked Alistair Darling [Labour] - because he was a decent straightforward guy who dared to tell the truth - and who was a victim of that Bully-Boy Supremo - G Brown -- who was a really nasty piece of work....

AND -- I actually think Cameron is a decent guy. Yes - quite a lot of Tories are idiotic snobs who are really arrogant and selfish. But I don't think Cameron is one of them.

Clegg is another one who has had people spitting venom at him - but I actually think he was very brave to grasp the nettle and at least rid of us of those nasty rotweillers like G Broon & Ed B0LL0CKS - the latter is a REALLY, REALLY NASTY piece of work imho....

AND - I find that SO MANY people just hate XYZ because he/she is "privileged".... :rolleyes::rolleyes: This is PURE prejudice.

AND - So many "toff-bashers" are the first people to get up and loudly proclaim their "Anti-Prejudice" credentials - as anti-racists, or anti-homophobia... etc. BUT - their RABID & SEETHING HATE of so-called "toffs" is deeply, deeply prejudiced - and so often so illogical.

The fact is, is that some people are always going to be seen as more "privileged" than others - and this is NOT something that they necessarily have to be ashamed of...... i.e. just because they're SEEN as "more privileged" DOES NOT MEAN they are "BAD"....... The lack of logic in this kind of thinking is frightening...... The Nazis' RABID hatred of Jewish people was a very good illustration of NASTY, NASTY prejudice...... And I find that people who literally SPIT VENOM at people just because they are apparently "toffs" is JUST like Nazis spitting their venom at Jewish people.

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA4413

Your pathetic reinvention of history about the country being a wasteland in 1997 could have been lifted straight out of a Ed Balls speech. That's the point of this thread, tribal Labour types come out with the knee-jerk Nasty Tory rubbish - it's a comfort blanket. Face it you've got the best of both worlds, a Tory goverment you can pine about whilst they continue Labour policy of running a decficit of 10%+ and propping up failed banks - middle class Guardian types are like pigs in shyte at the moment.

I think it was journalist that came up with Nasty Party" as a label. Luckily Tories are kind tolerant people which anyone who disagrees with them seem to overlook :rolleyes:

HOLA4414

I actually think Cameron is a decent guy. Yes - quite a lot of Tories are idiotic snobs who are really arrogant and selfish. But I don't think Cameron is one of them.

His FIL owns vast swathes of Linconshire and he is a multi millionaire in his own right, he must lap up to the Peasants as he needs their votes to stay in power.

Eric you are now losing your Crusade. :rolleyes:

HOLA4415

What a bizarre pile of tripe. You really should stop rewriting peoples posts to suit your own blinkered anti-labour agenda. Talk about me being tribal - Ed Balls is a two-faced slimy tw@t I would never vote for, and I've consistently criticised labour economic policy (esp re. housing) on this site for years. However, I happen to believe/remember sectors of health and education being starved of funds under the tories, esp. re science investment. I don't remember mentioning a wasteland, but any criticism of the tory spending pre-1997 means I must be a frothing labourite. Do get a grip and stop getting so childishly defensive if you want to make a sensible point.

HOLA4416

What a bizarre pile of tripe. You really should stop rewriting peoples posts to suit your own blinkered anti-labour agenda. Talk about me being tribal - Ed Balls is a two-faced slimy tw@t I would never vote for, and I've consistently criticised labour economic policy (esp re. housing) on this site for years. However, I happen to believe/remember sectors of health and education being starved of funds under the tories, esp. re science investment. I don't remember mentioning a wasteland, but any criticism of the tory spending pre-1997 means I must be a frothing labourite. Do get a grip and stop getting so childishly defensive if you want to make a sensible point.

Still haven't seen any links to schools collapsing, in 1981 or 1997.

I remember lots of public sector workers holding out there hands for more money which Gordon Brown was happy to splash out. Was anyone else any better off? I don't think so.

HOLA4417

Still haven't seen any links to schools collapsing, in 1981 or 1997.

I remember lots of public sector workers holding out there hands for more money which Gordon Brown was happy to splash out. Was anyone else any better off? I don't think so.

Then you no doubt also remember the howls of anguish when Brown (per 1997 labour manifesto commitments) stuck fairly rigidly to the existing tory spending plans during the first term of government against the wishes of many labour supporters, so splashing out was deferred. Spending took off later in the 2nd term, and went nuts in the 3rd when Brown was obsessed with accession to PM, and the rot was setting in.

Metaphorical collapses (of schools) don't get reported, let alone have links to events typically reported in local papers 15 years ago, so sorry but I'll have to pass on that one. But those educated in portakabins and in schools with leaky roofs remember funding problems well enough.

HOLA4418

His FIL owns vast swathes of Linconshire and he is a multi millionaire in his own right, he must lap up to the Peasants as he needs their votes to stay in power.

Eric you are now losing your Crusade. :rolleyes:

It's the snakes and ladders of life....... i.e. LUCK of the draw that gave him his favoured background and upbringing....

He could have gone into the City and made millions --- he could have swanned off and lived an easy & comfortable life.....

But, I think, like SOME of those in Labour, Lib-Dem or Tory parties - he genuinely thinks he can make a difference. Many may not agree with his way of doing this..... but ANYTHING beats the GROSS INCOMPETENCE & TREASON of the years of G Broon - who - for 13 miserable years - DESTROYED our country.

I was happy to give Nieu Labbia a chance back in '97 --- but I was utterly, utterly amazed as they ACTIVELY teamed up with the Banksters & stoked up the house price "boom"/Pyramid Scam - THE GREATEST FRAUD & Ponzi Scam IN ALL HISTORY......

I shall NEVER, EVER, EVER forgive them for this. They are UTTER SCUM.

HOLA4419

But I liked Alistair Darling [Labour] - because he was a decent straightforward guy who dared to tell the truth - and who was a victim of that Bully-Boy Supremo - G Brown -- who was a really nasty piece of work....

AND -- I actually think Cameron is a decent guy. Yes - quite a lot of Tories are idiotic snobs who are really arrogant and selfish. But I don't think Cameron is one of them.

Clegg is another one who has had people spitting venom at him - but I actually think he was very brave to grasp the nettle and at least rid of us of those nasty rotweillers like G Broon & Ed B0LL0CKS - the latter is a REALLY, REALLY NASTY piece of work imho....

AND - I find that SO MANY people just hate XYZ because he/she is "privileged".... :rolleyes::rolleyes: This is PURE prejudice.

AND - So many "toff-bashers" are the first people to get up and loudly proclaim their "Anti-Prejudice" credentials - as anti-racists, or anti-homophobia... etc. BUT - their RABID & SEETHING HATE of so-called "toffs" is deeply, deeply prejudiced - and so often so illogical.

The fact is, is that some people are always going to be seen as more "privileged" than others - and this is NOT something that they necessarily have to be ashamed of...... i.e. just because they're SEEN as "more privileged" DOES NOT MEAN they are "BAD"....... The lack of logic in this kind of thinking is frightening...... The Nazis RABID hatred of Jewish people was a very good illustration of NASTY, NASTY prejudice...... And I find that people who literally SPIT VENOM at people just because they are apparently "toffs" is JUST like Nazis spitting their venom at Jewish people.

+1 Brilliant, although I am petty enough to point out that it violates Godwin's Law.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

You missed a trick: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10663199

Only party partisan bias could dismiss the decay of state Schools during the 80s and 90s. Just like only pro Labour bias can ignore the fact that many Schools were also falling down during their term.

I quite clearly remember taking lessons in prefab classrooms and using izal toilet paper....but the quality of teaching and ethos was very good and the homemade on the premises school dinners were even better.....we also had an excellent library, good home economics and science classrooms. ;)

HOLA4422

I quite clearly remember taking lessons in prefab classrooms and using izal toilet paper....but the quality of teaching and ethos was very good and the homemade on the premises school dinners were even better.....we also had an excellent library, good home economics and science classrooms. ;)

No no prefabs didn't exist in schools as you can't find a link proving their existence.....

HOLA4423

No no prefabs didn't exist in schools as you can't find a link proving their existence.....

The quality of teaching is far more important than the building....in fact many of our local school playing fields, tennis courts, running tracks were sold....what did they do with the money I wonder? ;)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The fact is, is that some people are always going to be seen as more "privileged" than others - and this is NOT something that they necessarily have to be ashamed of...... i.e. just because they're SEEN as "more privileged" DOES NOT MEAN they are "BAD"....... The lack of logic in this kind of thinking is frightening...... The Nazis' RABID hatred of Jewish people was a very good illustration of NASTY, NASTY prejudice...... And I find that people who literally SPIT VENOM at people just because they are apparently "toffs" is JUST like Nazis spitting their venom at Jewish people.

I think this is very interesting because it is very relevant to the banking thread also IMO.

throughout much of the early 20th century Christians were forbidden to lend money and charge interest (usury) but the Jewish religion allowed this practice.

All states soon realised that lending money with interest was essential to any economic progress so they allowed communities of Jews to live in their states in order to provide this essential service (banking essentially)

Of course when people took out loans they were unable to repay due to greed, stupidity or mishap and the Jews wanted their money back the Jews became the focus of jealousy, hatred and persecution

This phenomenon ultimately led to the holocaust and also I believe explains the current bile and hatred aimed at bankers

which unsurprisingly is coming from the same people who hate the Jews and Israel ie the 'left'

The economy of the Moslem world which also forbids lending money with interest and who drove out the Jews has, as a result, essentially stagnated since the middle ages.

:)