House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442

silver(1).jpg

So, Silver took out 1st and 2nd hurdles this week. Fair assumption will close above tonight.

Target now is 26/26.5. That equates to c 1500/1550 G.

GDXJ%20LT.jpg

The leader in the PM market is like a rocket ship. Just look at the rally in the last 2 weeks. However, now at resistance so minor correction can be expected.

However technicals are very positive and confirming the trend is up.

Minimum target is 60/65 but I suspect it will be more like 90.

This year.

HOLA443

The Fed aside, the geopolitical tensions have been out there for a week.....Ukraine and ISIS in particular. Talk about a delayed spike......anybody would think the news had only just come out.

V similar to the blow off after the September FED mtg.

Give it a week or so and it'll blow itself out and back to declines.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Eventually the paper game will come to end. The bankers will run so low on physical metal that they will be unable to control the market.

wheee! I bought some GDXJ at under 34. For once the devil didn't fart in my face!

HOLA446

wheee! I bought some GDXJ at under 34. For once the devil didn't fart in my face!

The best trades are those that work immediately.

Expect pullback to c 38/36 but trend appears up

HOLA447

The best trades are those that work immediately.

Expect pullback to c 38/36 but trend appears up

Well, it's part of my anti-world falls apart plan (see other posts) so I don't really want it to go to the moon!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Nothing can be allowed to fail.

Well, nothing remotely tied into the $700 Tr derivatives nuke, at least.

Fourth Largest Bulgarian Bank Seized After Bank Run: "Let's Not Tear Down Our House" Central Banker Begs http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-20/fourth-largest-bulgarian-bank-seized-after-bank-run-lets-not-tear-down-our-house-cen

Bulgaria's central bank has taken over one of the country's biggest lenders and urged depositors to stay calm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27947084

Edited by weaker

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Some nice commentary on Silver negative basis...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-23/silver-headfake-report-22-june-2014

letter%20jun%2022%20silver%20bases.png

From its low, the basis rises from -0.24% to +0.35%.

The basis is the carry you can earn in silver. To carry is to buy the metal and sell a futures contract.

The annualized profit on a trade with less than 3 months to maturity is 35 now basis points. That’s a lot.

The 3-Month Treasury bill, for comparison, earns 2 basis points.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

a nice article:

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/checkers-versus-chess

But now, the US is broke, and its stature as the biggest boy has begun to wane. The other kids in the schoolyard are playing smart, whilst the US is still playing tough…and it's no longer working.

[on Ukraine sanctions...]

But, in fact, this served as an open invitation for Russia to retaliate. Since the very first thrust by the US, each parry and thrust by the Russians has been both effective and well planned. (It should be borne in mind that the latest announcement that Russia would not accept US dollars in payment for gas could only be enforced if Russia could get its international gas customers to agree. At the time of announcement, nine out of ten customers had, in fact agreed. These decisions were, unquestionably, not reached overnight. This chess move was planned well in advance.)

When Russia announced that Gazprom, the largest gas supplier in the world, would no longer be accepting US dollars from its clients, the West was shaken by the news.

Time after time, the US announces a flimsy new policy that is half-baked at best, and the US media announce, in effect, "This'll show 'em!" And yet, at every turn, the Sino-Russian tag-team deals blow after blow to US hegemony in the world.

The US is at war with China and Russia. It's an undeclared war, and it's monetary warfare, not military warfare. Yes, there are the military distractions, such as in the Ukraine and the Middle East, but the primary war is being fought monetarily.

If we observe the Asian responses to the US attacks in this war, and assess them objectively, we see that the Asians do not seek to kill off the US. In each battle, they, like skilled bullfighters, deflect the charging bull, then thrust the sword forward, wounding him again and again with every charge.

As this approach is becoming a pattern, it would indicate that the Russians and Chinese, much like a bullfighter, are wearing out the bull and provoking him to lose enough blood that, soon, he will no longer be able to continue the fight.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

May be / may be not. I'm not going to prophesise without backing from the chart. The backing would be MACD weekly rising above 0, given where it has been. On verra.

BTW in 2012, it rocketed.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4421

May be / may be not. I'm not going to prophesise without backing from the chart. The backing would be MACD weekly rising above 0, given where it has been. On verra.

BTW in 2012, it rocketed.

MACD is simply a derivative of price moves. Of course if prices move then any indicator derived from prices must also move.

Prices FELL from 32-35 in Sept/Oct 2012 as MACD rose above the zero line to 18.

That's a crash not a rocket.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

MACD is simply a derivative of price moves. Of course if prices move then any indicator derived from prices must also move.

Prices FELL from 32-35 in Sept/Oct 2012 as MACD rose above the zero line to 18.

That's a crash not a rocket.

On the MACD plot, the Histo (not the line) going positive correlates well with the upsurges in 2012. We are now potentially seeing the HISTO go positive.....

HOLA4424
HOLA4425