House Price Crash Forum

Is The Site Working With Adds For You?

HOLA441

Is it just me or is this site that we know and love being killed by commercial adds?

I try to get to the forum page, within seconds some shitty animated add appears but the hpc pages dont.

I constantly have to refresh and suffer other shitty adds until eventually the hpc forum will load.

I have spent days away becasue it get on my nerves so much but I keep coming back and keep getting annoyed. Vicious circle makes me look the fool but the fact is that rm can suck my balls because they know that they are listing dream prices and we are not dreamers.

I forget now, was this an argument about renting or god?

I dont give a fk either way, renting suits me and there is no god. Issues need to be taken up with fukgodsquad@priestsfiddlekids.thepopeisatwat

HOLA442

Is it just me or is this site that we know and love being killed by commercial adds?

I try to get to the forum page, within seconds some shitty animated add appears but the hpc pages dont.

I constantly have to refresh and suffer other shitty adds until eventually the hpc forum will load.

I have spent days away becasue it get on my nerves so much but I keep coming back and keep getting annoyed. Vicious circle makes me look the fool but the fact is that rm can suck my balls because they know that they are listing dream prices and we are not dreamers.

I forget now, was this an argument about renting or god?

I dont give a fk either way, renting suits me and there is no god. Issues need to be taken up with fukgodsquad@priestsfiddlekids.thepopeisatwat

Try browsing with mozilla and use ABP ad blocker, and Script blocker. You can turn off Java, Image loading too. Works real fast.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Try browsing with mozilla and use ABP ad blocker, and Script blocker. You can turn off Java, Image loading too. Works real fast.

Expect yours and this post to be deleted!!

These ads make some money for the owners of this site via click-throughs. At a stroke you have just decreased that income... :blink:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I'd totally forgotten that the internet used to have ads on it! I've not seen any in years.

Me Too! In fact:

- Thanks to Ad Blocker for Mozilla Firefox (Now Available for Google Chrome)

- Thanks to the fact I opted out of Post Office unsolicited mail

- Thanks to the fact I don't live in a city and don't see a lot of billboards

- Thanks to the fact I watch very little TV

I live a nearly ad-free existence.

The local paper is all the advertising I get regularly, and that usually goes straight into the recycling as soon as I've got my weekly dose of schadenfreude from perusing the property section to see how many houses still remain unsold :lol:

HOLA4410

To be honest, I've given the same advice myself in the past.

AdBlockPlus + NoScript. Never see any adverts.

Although even with this, the site has been a bit laggy tonight.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

You should not block the ad's at they are paying for this site to exist.

NO ADS = NO HPC :(

Actually if the page doesn't load because of the ads then that's NO HPC too - which had happened to me too in the last couple of days.

Just thought I'd say.

HOLA4414

Yes, this has been a particular problem over the last few days. I get a big ad loading, but nothing else.

Irritating.

Your swear word got through the filter btw.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

+2

A correctly configured browser works wonders. If I use someone else's computer and see Google adwords I think something has gone wrong.

On more than one occasion I've put a file on one of my own websites and wondered why it didn't display, only to find out it was because I'd put it in a folder called 'adverts'.

HOLA4417

These ads make some money for the owners of this site via click-throughs. At a stroke you have just decreased that income... :blink:

How?

If someone is determined to block adds, like myself, what makes you think we are the types that would click on one if it was viewed?

No adds + no click = no income, same as adds + no click = no income. What is the difference?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

see my previous post.. No click = No HPC.

adverts don't generate income unless they are clicked on IIRC?

Adverts are annoying, intrusive things always trying to butt in and get your money from you. If HPC needs money it can ask directly instead of trying to appear to exist merely to hook you via adverts.

HOLA4420

Windows 7, IE9, Three 3G (5.4Mbps down, ping about 70ms but generally very quick, most sites/pages load pretty well instantly with no obvious latency)

The site loads fairly speedily in most cases, with one notable exception: the home page. Can't be bothered to pick through the HTML to work it out, but perhaps the front page is based on a table layout and the advert in the centre column at the bottom seems to be the hold up.

The page hiccups at that point and the scroll bar doesn't come up for between about 2 and 5 seconds.