House Price Crash Forum

Swansea-State Of The Market

thirdwave

HOLA441

IMO EAs are playing a very nasty (major) part in this game.

When we came here, we put in an offer on a house that was on the market for 72k. Our offer: 63k cash sold as seen with all the problems. The EA refused to put this offer forward and hurled a whole load of abuse towards us.

Anyway, we found another place and bought it. I kept an eye on the other house: 1 1/2 year on, the house got sold for 59k!!!!!

Imagine the extra expenses for the seller (council tax, mortgage etc.) and financial loss.. All due to a display of utter arrogance by this so- called professional....

No, it doesn't sink in. They don't want it to sink in!

Jule

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

IMO EAs are playing a very nasty (major) part in this game.

When we came here, we put in an offer on a house that was on the market for 72k. Our offer: 63k cash sold as seen with all the problems. The EA refused to put this offer forward and hurled a whole load of abuse towards us.

Anyway, we found another place and bought it. I kept an eye on the other house: 1 1/2 year on, the house got sold for 59k!!!!!

Imagine the extra expenses for the seller (council tax, mortgage etc.) and financial loss.. All due to a display of utter arrogance by this so- called professional....

No, it doesn't sink in. They don't want it to sink in!

Jule

I suggest you contact trading standards and report them. They are legally obliged to submit offers. Any documentary evidence you have would be useful.

I'd always post my offer direct to the house at the same time of notifying the EA.

I've been on the end of abuse from an estate agent twice now, it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

HOLA443

I suggest you contact trading standards and report them. They are legally obliged to submit offers. Any documentary evidence you have would be useful.

I'd always post my offer direct to the house at the same time of notifying the EA.

I've been on the end of abuse from an estate agent twice now, it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I have posted on here before about this - a few years back a friend of mine wanted to view a house in Mumbles on for 250K. She asked the EA numerous times for a view and was always fobbed off with some excuse or nother - no keys, sellers on holiday, etc, etc.

In the end my friend - who is from England - went and knocked on the door of the house. Turned out that the owners had no viewings in months.

My friend bought the house for about 190K I think. She was fuming that the EAs made commission from the sale. The house was on the market for over a year IIRC and my friend spent about 6 months trying to get a viewing.

I have nothing but contempt for 99% of estate agents.

HOLA444

I have posted on here before about this - a few years back a friend of mine wanted to view a house in Mumbles on for 250K. She asked the EA numerous times for a view and was always fobbed off with some excuse or nother - no keys, sellers on holiday, etc, etc.

In the end my friend - who is from England - went and knocked on the door of the house. Turned out that the owners had no viewings in months.

My friend bought the house for about 190K I think. She was fuming that the EAs made commission from the sale. The house was on the market for over a year IIRC and my friend spent about 6 months trying to get a viewing.

I have nothing but contempt for 99% of estate agents.

I have to ask...what was the agents motivation in doing that ?

HOLA445
HOLA446

To get them to accept a low offer from one of their developer mates.

I'll go with that.

Thinking about it i've had several run ins with agents, including the "no point in viewing", or "cant arrange viewing" scenarios, both cases sold to developers, what a surprise.

Makes me think really.

HOLA447

A house we were very interested in was for sale until we pressed for a viewing.

Went for a bargain price that we would had bid well above if needed.

It was back on the market before the sold price was available on land registry.

And it was well above the price we were willing to pay.

And we are cash buyers.

Crooks!

HOLA448

A house we were very interested in was for sale until we pressed for a viewing.

Went for a bargain price that we would had bid well above if needed.

It was back on the market before the sold price was available on land registry.

And it was well above the price we were willing to pay.

And we are cash buyers.

Crooks!

Spoke to someone else on here about EA antics and he had the same experience ( in Northampton ).

That's why anyone experiencing such shenanigans need to contact trading standards.

HOLA449

I have to ask...what was the agents motivation in doing that ?

IMPO - just lazy feckers.

They did similar with myself and with someone else I know.

Their attitude is, from what I can make out, that they are just waiting for a cash buyer mug from London to turn up and offer full asking price. But my friend was from England and was a cash buyer and got treated accordingly. Ditto myself, although local did not need a mortgage.

I have nothing but contempt for them.

In fact, I hear nothing but bad from most people I know about them.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Perhaps. I have heard it done, allegedly, on a few occasions so you wonder just how often it goes on.

We would have easily paid £260

from the sold page...

£272,000 Semi-Detached, Freehold 28 Feb 2014 3 bedrooms

£250,000 Semi-Detached, Freehold 09 Aug 2011

Edited by Ames

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

These two are posted today on rightmove, they look like the same house to me.

119.950 www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43178408.html

199.950 www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42037102.html

Still would not pay the lower for that

Yep, same property. I am seeing more and more properties in Swansea West advertised with TWO EAs - says it all really.

HOLA4414

Yep, same property. I am seeing more and more properties in Swansea West advertised with TWO EAs - says it all really.

TWO EA's you say, both links now go to SA Properties, so WewillHomes is either an associate or a front with no shop.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

This is an interesting one..

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/commercial/details/28656659

Used to be the old courthouse from what I gather. It has been on the market for several years but showing as 'under offer' for many months now-make of that what you will. The vendor is a 'property developer' from West Wales who, having picked it up on the cheap at auction and sat on it for a few years, is now looking to flip. Had a nose around it with a friend who was looking to buy earlier this year. It might appear to be a 'bargain' to the uninformed given the size of the property, city centre location and planning permission for 20 odd bed sits but its Grade II listed, with onerous conditions attached to any external or internal work undertaken to the property.

Some mug seems to have taken the bait though, if the 'under offer' sign is to be believed.

Edited by thirdwave

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I viewed this in the last year - last ummer - when it was on for, IIRC, 255 or 245 asking? I was told that it had sold - but an EA told me that. I think, again IIRC, it was on for 255 and I was told it sold at 245.

Now on for 275 asking. Flipper or perhaps never actually sold as I was told?

24, Western Lane, Mumbles, Mumbles Swansea, SA3

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-47859602.html

Edit:

Just checked on Zoopla and it is not showing as sold since last sold in 2007.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
The Masked Tulip, on 30 Aug 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

FYI, had a conversation with a letting agent yesterday who was showing me the glut of houses available in Swansea West. Said that they are getting stressed out by stressed out BTLers who keeping shouting at them for failing to find tennants.

Interesting. This is only going to get worse due to the new university campus - 1500 spaces in halls there. That's between 3-500 HMO terraces' worth. Who's going to rent the rooms when you can stay in purpose built accommodation close to site? Plus there's the new licensing regulations coming in next year.