House Price Crash Forum

Suggestions For A 'nutter' Filter?

pyracantha

HOLA441

At times this place seems to be a magnet for conspiracy theorists who hi-jack threads with pseudo-science, blaming Bilderberg/lizard/alien/Masonic/BTL/PTB for everything wrong in the world (and their own lives).

We have a Troll section - can't we have a 'nutters' section for our 'special' posters?

To create some balance and for a little fun, would HPC-ers like to suggest any key words or phrases that would trigger an auto filter and move the posting?

HOLA442

At times this place seems to be a magnet for conspiracy theorists who hi-jack threads with pseudo-science, blaming Bilderberg/lizard/alien/Masonic/BTL/PTB for everything wrong in the world (and their own lives).

We have a Troll section - can't we have a 'nutters' section for our 'special' posters?

To create some balance and for a little fun, would HPC-ers like to suggest any key words or phrases that would trigger an auto filter and move the posting?

The problem is 90% of the threads would end up in the "nutters" section.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Calm down dear, weve already got one.

The less 'nutter' amongst us recognise this place for what it is. :P

HOLA445
HOLA446

I didn't think it was a problem till I saw your post, but now I can see your point.:ph34r:

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

The one thing that will kill a forum is over-moderation and moving threads.

That is all.

I'm sure the OP is in jest.. but I agree with darkman.

Trolls are annoying, but as long as people are genuine (ly nuts) it's not fair to make them outcasts. All HPCers were considered nutters before 2007 :)

HOLA4410

I'm sure the OP is in jest.. but I agree with darkman.

Trolls are annoying, but as long as people are genuine (ly nuts) it's not fair to make them outcasts. All HPCers were considered nutters before 2007 :)

Yes - a failed attempt at a little humour. Why so serious everyone?

Aside from the intended jollity, I do think it's a shame when" grown-up" threads are hijacked. Surely the Bush/Rumsfeld/Broon/Jewish cabal etc aren't behind everything that happens?

Agreed we (here) are all probably a little unusual compared to your average Joe.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Yaaaaaaaaasssssssss :D

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The one thing that will kill a forum is over-moderation and moving threads.

That is all.

It irks me no end that no longer is 'off-topic' sufficient for non-HP subjects that there are topics such as 'Current Affairs' and 'Politics' that have appeared from nowhere where interesting threads are basically quickly moved and left to die.

The nutter and conspiracy threads are all part of the colour of HPC.

HOLA4415

It irks me no end that no longer is 'off-topic' sufficient for non-HP subjects that there are topics such as 'Current Affairs' and 'Politics' that have appeared from nowhere where interesting threads are basically quickly moved and left to die.

The nutter and conspiracy threads are all part of the colour of HPC.

Your masters on the back of the Moon told you to say that! :lol::blink:

HOLA4416

You've basically got a large bunch of people here that spurn mass media and the grabage they put out especially in relation to house prices.

Those conspiracy theorists come with the territory.

HOLA4417

You've been reading erranta's posts again haven't you?

You don't read Erranta's posts. You become them. :ph34r:

Anyway - I like 'nutters'. The World would be boring without them. And if you look throughout history many of the most mental of the 'nutters' have in later years been found out to have been spot on.

Today's nutter is tomorrows Da Vinci. :D

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I must be a nutter: I love nuts, and given the opportunity I even enjoy going out in the woods and gathering them. When I lived in Italy my hands would get just as lacerated on chestnuts as they do on brambles in blackberry season here in Blighty.

HPC is of course a fine basket of nuts. Some of them may be rather unpleasant at times: I find it a shame when healthy anti-PC sentiment tips over into misogyny and drives out one or two good female posters, to take just one issue. One learns to deal with it, and to ignore some of them (for example, you don't need to follow a zerohedge link to deduce it's a wannabe-private-eye but lacking the latter's cluefulness and tongue-in-cheek humour).

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Archived