House Price Crash Forum

Why Are British Women So Fat?

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3389972/UK-women-are-more-likely-than-men-to-weigh-over-30st-a-study-says.html

UK women are more likely than men to weigh over 30st, a study says.

The shock statistic emerged as our women were revealed to be the fattest in any major nation across western Europe.

The average British female has ballooned since 1980. Experts have blamed ready meals, takeaways and driving instead of walking.

I suspect that there will be cries of unhappiness, depression and self-entitlement... which is probably part of the reason for some... but I suspect it is all the wheat/gluten and refined sugar that you see people stuffing into their supermarket trolleys.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

They have less physical jobs.

Ever seen a woman bricklayer?

Id say its because they eat too much as opposed to lack of exercise.

And they dont have to attempt to stay attractive when they get older as the state will provide for them should they have kids.

English women are renowned around the western world as being the least attractive and most manly in their persona!

HOLA446

Its pure statistics down to a rising numbers of single mums, more single mums dont need to work, or only need to work reduced hours where as more often single dads do need to work or need to work more .'. a shift in the weight towards women. If you look at most of the world, or history being fat is a sign of wealth because you have enough money not to work and you don't need to do anything strenuous . You are waited on, get given free stuff and you end up being a depressed badly adjusted king/chief/leader and abuse the people around you.

HOLA447

Why?

Eat far too much: of all the wrong things.

Eat far too much processed and take-out junk.

Either sit their lard-asses on the sofa glued to moronvision; or sit their lard-asses in their cars, rather than use their bloody legs.

Drink too much junk like Coke.

Don't take enough Cardio-Vascular Exercise.

The body is a Heat Machine: Energy (In the form of digestible food) In - Heat Out.

I have heard so many totally dumb excuses for obesity over the years: including Big Boned: Metabolism: Hormones: Glands: keep right on trotting 'em out!

Thyroid under-active: Meds solve this and eating less!

"I come from a fat family, you know!"

Wrong: you come from a greedy inactive family.

There is, strangely enough, one real and legitimate excuse for sudden onset obesity: over-rapid food transit through the digestive system and what is called Mal-Absorbtion.

The body absorbs nutrients right through the gut and including the last bit: the Colon. This is why drugs administered as ******** Suppositories act so quickly: (More quickly in most cases than either intravenous or intramuscular and subcutaneous injections).

Suffers from such as IBS and more seriously, Crohn's Disease can and often do, absorb all the wrong things: and little or none of the right nutrients.

And can thus balloon with little real explanation.

Very few fatties, however, can resort to this excuse as a refuge from reality!

Nothing, absolutely nothing is guaranteed to bring me to the level of puking in the nearest gutter, more than the sight of horrendously fat females, wobbling along the pavement, dressed in the latest fashion (Short skirts, black tights and Pixie bootlets).

Worse without doubt are the immensely fact females dressed in the Chav equivalent of Babygrow suits, with visible panty line neatly embossed between the sun set and the coconut palms.........................

And great wobbling mounds of sub-cutaneous adipose tissue, layered like volcanic ash from their crotch to their knees!

Vomit.gif

HOLA448

Why?

Eat far too much: of all the wrong things.

Eat far too much processed and take-out junk.

Either sit their lard-asses on the sofa glued to moronvision; or sit their lard-asses in their cars, rather than use their bloody legs.

Drink too much junk like Coke.

Don't take enough Cardio-Vascular Exercise.

The body is a Heat Machine: Energy (In the form of digestible food) In - Heat Out.

I have heard so many totally dumb excuses for obesity over the years: including Big Boned: Metabolism: Hormones: Glands: keep right on trotting 'em out!

Thyroid under-active: Meds solve this and eating less!

"I come from a fat family, you know!"

Wrong: you come from a greedy inactive family.

There is, strangely enough, one real and legitimate excuse for sudden onset obesity: over-rapid food transit through the digestive system and what is called Mal-Absorbtion.

The body absorbs nutrients right through the gut and including the last bit: the Colon. This is why drugs administered as ******** Suppositories act so quickly: (More quickly in most cases than either intravenous or intramuscular and subcutaneous injections).

Suffers from such as IBS and more seriously, Crohn's Disease can and often do, absorb all the wrong things: and little or none of the right nutrients.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is guaranteed to bring me to the level of puking in the nearest gutter, more than the sight of horrendously fat females, wobbling along the pavement, dressed in the latest fashion (Short skirts, black tights and Pixie bootlets).

Worse without doubt are the immensely fact females dressed in the Chav equivalent of Babygrow suits, with visible panty line neatly embossed between the sun set and the coconut palms.........................

And great wobbling mounds of sub-cutaneous adipose tissue, layered like volcanic ash from their crotch to their knees!

Vomit.gif

Don't tell me, you're a closet chubby chaser?

HOLA449

Usually this is because gluten has killed most or all of the billions of villi in the gut which results in IBS, Crohns, Coeliacs and hence the body no longer has the ability to absorb nutrients - often such people lose a lot of weight.

However, if people are not aware that gluten is the problem - i.e. they are gluten intolerant and have Coeliacs in such respect - and they ignore the signs of gluten intolerance/Coeliacs - such as grain sweats, dermatitis herpetiformis, a change in stools, IBS pains often around the lower stomach, bone pain or a gnawing ache around the belly button - they simply carry on gorging themselves on gluten...

..and the gluten basically goes through the intestine walls - leaky gut - where it causes all manner of harm, inflammation, constriction around organs and throughout the body.

Ironically, and this is something that a lot of GPs do not understand, is that you can be gluten intolerant with gluten being a real health risk to you but because you gorge yourself so much on it your weight ends up ballooning.

Wheat - mutant dwarf wheat - is such a fecking nasty thing for our bodies and the stuff they grow today is hugely changed from the stuff grown in the 1970s, let alone in the 1940s and let alone for the last 10,000 years.

HOLA4410

I suspect that there will be cries of unhappiness, depression and self-entitlement... which is probably part of the reason for some... but I suspect it is all the wheat/gluten and refined sugar that you see people stuffing into their supermarket trolleys.

...it depends where in the country you go to, I went last year to some seaside town and I have never seen so many overweight people both men and women, but the worst was the children, they were fat before they had started their life....many reasons I would suspect, as well as your above points.

Kids sit at home on game machines PC and watch too much TV.

Kids do not do so much active sport in school and after school, in my area they sold many of the playing fields and built flats on it.

Fast food outlets...we as a nation eat far too much junk food full of fats, salt and sugar.

Parents have lost the knowledge of home cooking...how to cook fresh healthy food...partly because the kids have got so addicted to fast unhealthy food that they refuse to eat what is good for them so are instead given another biscuit.

Parents have lost the parenting skills of discipline and kids get away with eating and doing what they want...they see their parents eating bad food and so copy them.

People have less time to shop around, and less time to cook...feeble excuse but an excuse none the less.

Clothes companies clothe sizes the old size 16 as the new size 12.....so the girls are led to believe they are size 12 when they are not...oh! and they now put circus mirrors in ladies store dressing rooms. ;)

HOLA4411

Interestingly, I went on a Gluten-Excluded diet (Not easy!) for One Year: I was not Gluten-Intolerant: nor was I Allergic to Gluten. (Again: the core difference between Gluten-Intolerance and being Allergic to Gluten are two similar yet disparate things, as I'm sure you know: few do, including a majority of GPs).

Agree about wheat, completely.

Core problem is seed merchants have bred hybrid cultivars which are very resistant to soil and insect pests and fungi etc.

Additionally, like the pea they are increasingly self-fertilising vis a vis Nitrogen.

Additionally, intensive farming saturates any cash crop (Wheat included) with a range of Agri-Chemicals which are then subsequently ingested.

Next problem, wheat is milled using steel rollers, as against old stone mill wheels: the steel roller mills subject the grain to far higher temperatures: which changes the enzyme structure and destroys goodness and essential nutrients.

Next culprit, the Chorleywood Baking Process: CBP.

Interestingly, French artisan bakers have collectively resorted to the organic cultivation of very old original pure wheat strains: the original seeds were begged from a national French horticultural museum: grown from there; harvested and re-planted.

Flour is milled only using slow stone milling.

The origin of early man's "Wheat" was of course Spelt and Rye:both of which are natural in the wild.

Back in the 19th Cent. bread was known as "The Staff of Life": it was a staple diet of the poor and majority right up to post-Victorian times. Coeliac Disease was unknown.

My wife and I bake all our own bread; by hand. None of your wussy bread machines! :)

Using Stone Ground organic flour sourced from such as Here:

I was mis-diagnosed as suffering from IBS, 20 years ago.

After a long struggle, I finally found a correct diagnosis; similar yet different.

Having always struggled with a weight problem (Mainly caused by periods of insufficient hard physical exercise), despite being a modest eater, (With a very careful and extremely well-balanced diet), I started ballooning. Rapid Transit and and Mal-Absorbtion.

Pig of a job to isolate however: and average GP and gastroenterologist totally useless.

I am extremely careful about Nutritionist and Alternative and Complimentary Therapist "Solutions" to health problems: some years back it was all about friendly flora being destroyed in the gut and Candida Albicans becoming systemic and perforating gut walls and livers and kidneys. Next it was "Living Water" and Ph.

I pose a simple question: why and how was wheat tolerated by so may for so long? From early civilised man until circa 1980?

Cultivars and Agrichemicals.

Added to a diet rich in all the wrong things (Such as Sugar since this is simply refined carbohydrate): and too much of it!

One of many! Here:

URL link HTML won't play: so: www.breadmatters.com/files/health.pdf

HOLA4412

I was on Swansea prom cycling last year stopped for a breather and a couple with 3 kids came and stopped near by.

The husband and wife were clinically obese. Their two oldest children, no older than 9 or 10, were clinically obese.

The youngest child, who was running around like a hare with the two older children unable to keep up with him, was a skinny runt - perhaps because he was not able to get to the food before the others but more likely because he was about 4 or 5 years old at most.

I sat there looking at this happy, athletic youngster thinking that he did not have a hope - I hope he does.

Interestingly, along Swansea prom the Council has placed loads of exercise equipment - walkers, chest and shoulder machines, aerobic machines, etc, which are free to use. They actually are excellent as they get the heart-rate up.

I use them every time I go past them when out cycling but you rarely see people using them - loads of obese people walk past looking at them and I think they want to use them but are too embarrassed to do so. I have coaxed a few to get on them but most splutter some excuse.

HOLA4413

Interestingly, I went on a Gluten-Excluded diet (Not easy!) for One Year: I was not Gluten-Intolerant: nor was I Allergic to Gluten. (Again: the core difference between Gluten-Intolerance and being Allergic to Gluten are two similar yet disparate things, as I'm sure you know: few do, including a majority of GPs).

snipped...

Yep, I go along with that.

I will add that people used to soak grain for 2 or 3 days prior to grounding, and still do in places like Africa and India, to eliminate gluten from the wheat.

I am fascinated how our ancestors realised a need to do this but this is what our own ancestors here in the UK used to do right up until WW2.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Why?

Thanks for that post.

Am considering cutting out grains altogether, but I can't think of another "staff of life" to replace them. I mean, when you're bloody hungry and need a quick top up, what do you choose?

Nuts are good at satisfying hunger (peanuts too, but apparently they're a legume). Anything else?

HOLA4423

Thanks for that post.

Am considering cutting out grains altogether, but I can't think of another "staff of life" to replace them. I mean, when you're bloody hungry and need a quick top up, what do you choose?

Nuts are good at satisfying hunger (peanuts too, but apparently they're a legume). Anything else?

...roasted monkey nuts are good......shelling them keeps you occupied, stops you eating so much, no salt, and no VAT.....just as long as you are not allergic ;)

HOLA4424

Thanks for that post.

Nuts: one needs to be rather careful, here.

Fresh nuts which are of known source are fine: unless one is allergic.

Problem with most supermarket nuts is they have been stored for too long. The oils run down to one end and turn marginally rancid.

Additionally, far too many "Cheap" nuts suffer an excess of Aflatoxin: see Here:

Commodity traders are, in theory, compelled to subject such food to chemical analysis prior to sale.

Hah, Hah!

Far too much foodstuff is now coming from third world and developing countries: major supermarkets are not over-fussy about quality of many things I fear.

Ground Nuts (Or Peanuts) are a particularly affected nut.

So what do the traders do? Sell 'em for animal feedstuffs. Pigs and chickens particularly.

Thus one is eating the damned stuff anyway!

Actually, one of the best things to eat for between-meals hunger pangs and more critically, energy burst are maize products: since Maize is a complex-carbohydrate.

Lidl sell pure maize tortilla chips: low salt and low fat. Nought else. Unlike say Chavda's junk which is full of nasty additives and "Flavour Enhancers".

Cheap as, well, chips too! :lol: (Sorry: it's POETS Day).

The reason this is good, is that Maize breaks down slowly into Glucose, Dextrose and finally Fructose (I think from memory, is the order?): all natural and boosts blood sugar levels gently and longer term. Thus a Blood Sugar Curve would be fundamentally flat, over time.

Sugar (From Chocs, Sweets and worst of all, such as Mars) provides an instant BS spike: and a very quick droop.

As well as being very bad for your teeth, metabolism, adipose tissue, BMI and just about everything else you can think of!

And in excess, causes Type Two diabetes.

HOLA4425

Archived