House Price Crash Forum

Magnanimity Is Laudable But Isn't Apparent Here

kevino

HOLA441

From this...

Dear All, I must say that a lot of you should look at your behaviour and smugness over the past few weeks.  While I have come to admire a lot of what has been said over the past 6 months, the current attitude which has been seen is most distasteful.

to this.....

Maybe I "only" earn 3 x national average, but then again I was taking the average of 27K mentioned on another thread.

But I have a much better lifestyle and job conditions than a lot of you stuck in Drab offices behind PC's-what's the temperature back in blighty today???!!!

.......in just a few posts. My, how the mighty have fallen.

Pick up your soapbox and **** off !!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
"Try working for yourself in a job that doesn't rely on the experience of others".  How can you presume I don't when you have NO IDEA what my job is???!!!

It doesn't matter what your job is within the context of my statement. Lets' say that you are a novelist whose bankability stems entirely from the genius of their own mind. You ar still gonna struggle to beat the earnings of an NHS manager. Furthermore you don't stand a chance of keeping up with Catherine Cookson or J. K. Rowling who churn out what is essentially the same old cr@p. Or let's say you are a research worker @ the top of your game trying to cure non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Bet you'd earn no more pa that the copywriter who wrote the L'Oreal ads, or for that matter, what Jennifer Aniston earns in 10 minutes just for saying "and here's the science bit."

I quote from Kenneth Fisher's book "Super Stocks" (where he extols the virtues of low PSR stocks - wow):

Research Is Just A Commodity

At most businesses, research is commoditylike in that there is nothing particully unique about the process.

Most venture capitalists say they would much rather back a company led by a strong marketer who is weak in technology than a strong technologist who is weak in marketing. The research organisation can be built. No one researcher is all that unique once a company gets rolling.

Suppose we're running a small but significant company - say $50 million per year in sales. To build a research organisation to address a new market, we do a little research of our own - most likely with our existing vice president of engineering. We identify the leading people in the field. The VP of engineering hires and manages them. It isn't hartd to do."

This is th esort of contempt money has for deep thinkers. I don't know what you do m8 but it sounds to me you are probably kidding yourself about how much intelligence it takes or how well you are being rewarded.

Look at investment banks. Who takes hom eth emost dosh? Is it the marketing guy swho think up some wheeze on how to extract more money from their clients by selling them som e(more than likely) useless financial product, or is it the sales guys who sell the cr@p, or is it the rocket scientists who figure th emaths to make sure nobody's **** @ the bank get shung out to dry?

Face it: "nobody likes a smart ****" means clever people are seldom popular, and even less frequently well rewarded or acknowledged.

You are peeved because the bank has lent out YOUR money (ie your money deposited in the bank) to another person.  I'm sorry, but has the way the capitalist banking system works just been unveiled to the world??  Is this any great surprise?? 

Is it any suprise to find your taxes have paid for some chav's spawn to be housed and fed just cos their parents were sh!te? No. Is is any less annoying. No

HOLA443

On the subject of paying off mortgages.

I paid of my £75,000 mortgage a year ago (over 4 years) with my wife with a great deal of hard work. Maybe I could have invested these overpayments and made more. However, I’m risk adverse and a 9% return (not paying my money taxed at 40% to the bank charging me 5%) seemed not too bad.

I now live in a flat with £75.00 pcm maintenance charge + internal maintenance costs etc, which has increased in value from £100,000 to £175,000 since 2000 (so the EA’s tell me).

Unfortunately my zone 5 London flat can be rented for no more than £700pcm. So what’s it’s real value £100,000? But that’s another story.

All the houses I would consider moving to are pried at £250,000 ie. £75,000 more + more EA fees+ stamp duty etc. than my flats worth (EA value). A few year ago they were £30,000 - £40,0000 more, and all the fees that much less.

Sorry I fail to see any value in moving and getting up to my eye balls in debt again.

As for sellers pack I can’t wait for them. I’ve been looking to move but wont (or maybe can’t do to the price I’d get for my flat?) move just yet. I’m expected to put an offer on a place for £250,000 ish without any real idea of the state of it and the vendors getting irritated when I ask.

I’m sure if it was anything else that was selling for £250,000 you would want to know all about it.

HOLA444

kevino,

You, as you say, are a homeowner on a very good salary and have almost paid off your mortgage, you might prefer a crash, but you don't need it. Therefore your view is, of course, more objective. Try thinking about a situation, where you are forced or prevented from doing something you want/need to do because of the actions of others? I'm sure you're stance would not be the same.

Of the people I know, those who (I think) will suffer in a property crash, are those who have;

1) Over stretched themselves (mostly unnessassarily). I know a couple who had a baby last year, so they bought a five bedroom house and a 4x4.

2) Those who have not done there homework when buying property as an investment. A friend of mine bought a BTL in Manchester only to discover that the rent she received didn't cover her mortgage, nevermind maintainance, etc.

3) Those who have used their house to pay for there lifestyle. The guy mentioned in the first example, has just MEW'd to buy his wife an Audi TT.

Because I don't have this kind of lifestyle, my friends and colleges, label me as 'tight' and yes I do get ridiculed about it.

There are of course always going to be victims, but I'm afraid that my view is that most of these people have brought it on all by themselves. Negative equity doesn't mean you're house will be repossessed, only an inability to pay a mortage does that. When I watched the Trever Mcdonald show the other night, there was only one situation where I felt the bank should have given the owner more time (the lady who lost her job and her husband left her). As for the rest, I'm sorry, but I didn't really feel much simpathy for them.

I used to own a flat before moving in with my partner. When I bought it, it was a bit of a mess, so I had to do alot of DIY to get it in an exceptable state to live in. I could easily have got a loan out to hire people to do the job and buy posh furniture, but I didn't, I did it all myself and used handmedowns. Sometimes I would take a days holiday from work to get on with some DIY, everyday (without fail) I would see the same two women sat outside their house watching me work all day, usually laughing. These ladies obviously had no job, sat around all day in their 2/3 bed 'council paid for' houses, watching me in my pokey 1 bed flat work my fingers to the bone. That, Kevino, is why I'm bitter. :angry:

Rant over.

LG

HOLA445
here here, I agree with the original post.  ...., if this board carries on the way it is, one of these days it will get shut down or have an 18 rating slapped on it

Look Gordon / Tony / Mr Clarke / No10 spin doctor, you may not like the facts as they present themselves, but the blindingly obvious corollary to the status quo is house price falls. Until you impose your ID-card police stae, we still have free speech, so you can fantasise as much as you like about censorship: it just ain't gonna happen! :lol:

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA446
Wow, a real life "trader" on here, I've such admiration for you guys. Especially the sort who think they're above other money making professions.

If you must answer my posts have th ecourtessy to read and understand them. I am not suggesting what I do for a living requires any great intelligence. Far from it (anyone who made money in dotcom will know that what is required is practically a suspension of intelligence :D )

But what I am saying is that it is bl@@dy hard to make money in this world solely from intelligence and it is often those who don't analyse but just take a chance and get lucky that come out on top. take Alan Sugar. By his own admission he is right 60% of the time. That ain't a far cry from break even. Very little needs to change to make him a loser: take Viglen!

I'm so desperate to join your "elite" ranks and to lose my "gutless/lazy/good for nothing" tag

Read my post again. I am saying that bulls have been coming here accusing HPC members of being "gutless/lazy/good for nothing". My point is that these same bulls should not be surpised to get criticised for the same, given their own decalred behaviour.

By the way KOTC, any idea to whom I might have been refering to?

Moving on...

KEVINO:

Consider the names of some prominnet prop bulls:

"King of the Castle" : as in I'm the king of the castle and you're the dirty rascal. If you doubt for one minute it is his intention to insult board members in this way with every smug post of his name, I suggest you read a few of his threads.

"Alright Jack" : as in I'm alright jack, pull up the ladder. More smuggness. Check out his posts if you don't believe me.

Now lets see some bear names:

"Only Me"

"Who Knows"

"Burnt Before"

"justawannabe"

"Charlie the Tramp"

"London loser"

"Bullish Bear"

"Gavin"

"zzg133"

"DrBubb"

"Sledgehead"

Any of these sound smug to you?

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA447
HOLA448
kevino,

You, as you say, are a homeowner on a very good salary and have almost paid off your mortgage, you might prefer a crash, but you don't need it. Therefore your view is, of course, more objective. Try thinking about a situation, where you are forced or prevented from doing something you want/need to do because of the actions of others? I'm sure you're stance would not be the same.

Of the people I know, those who (I think) will suffer in a property crash, are those who have;

1) Over stretched themselves (mostly unnessassarily). I know a couple who had a baby last year, so they bought a five bedroom house and a 4x4.

2) Those who have not done there homework when buying property as an investment. A friend of mine bought a BTL in Manchester only to discover that the rent she received didn't cover her mortgage, nevermind maintainance, etc.

3) Those who have used their house to pay for there lifestyle. The guy mentioned in the first example, has just MEW'd to buy his wife an Audi TT.

Because I don't have this kind of lifestyle, my friends and colleges, label me as 'tight' and yes I do get ridiculed about it.

There are of course always going to be victims, but I'm afraid that my view is that most of these people have brought it on all by themselves. Negative equity doesn't mean you're house will be repossessed, only an inability to pay a mortage does that. When I watched the Trever Mcdonald show the other night, there was only one situation where I felt the bank should have given the owner more time (the lady who lost her job and her husband left her). As for the rest, I'm sorry, but I didn't really feel much simpathy for them.

I used to own a flat before moving in with my partner. When I bought it, it was a bit of a mess, so I had to do alot of DIY to get it in an exceptable state to live in. I could easily have got a loan out to hire people to do the job and buy posh furniture, but I didn't, I did it all myself and used handmedowns. Sometimes I would take a days holiday from work to get on with some DIY, everyday (without fail) I would see the same two women sat outside their house watching me work all day, usually laughing. These ladies obviously had no job, sat around all day in their 2/3 bed 'council paid for' houses, watching me in my pokey 1 bed flat work my fingers to the bone. That, Kevino, is why I'm bitter. :angry:

Rant over.

LG

Any bonehead who uses money from a (Long term, this crash notwithstanding) appreciating asset like a house to buy something which drops in value immediately like a car deserves to be shot with $hit!!!!

As I have said in previous posts, I will feel sorry for families suckered into buying at inflated prices, not to make any profit, just to get a home for themselves. They will feel the pain the most. Also, naive BTL's trying to get something for their retirement (because Mr. Brown has fooked their pensions). I feel quite sorry for them to, but to a lesser extent as if they want to play the game, they should read the rules a bit better.

MEW's to fund holidays and living beyond their means, I have no sympathy. Take a walk down a street in Newcastle called Osborne Road, lot of Porsches and X5's. But there are nowhere near enough jobs in the North East to fund this expenditure.

HOLA449

Is it any suprise to find your taxes have paid for some chav's spawn to be housed and fed just cos their parents were sh!te?

Don't backtrack sledge:

"I find it distatseful when people with a huge portfolio of property, bought with MY money....."

I can't see how the two quotes are about the same thing.......................

Unless of course, you are referring to BTL landlords renting out property to chav's paid for by the social???

I say good luck to the landlord, make the best of the system, it tries to bleed all working people dry. Why shouldn't he get a bit of his taxes back if he can?? I'd look upon it as redistribution of wealth!!!!

I don't feel that I should help 60 a day smokers or alcohlics who've had transplants via the NHS when they are fully aware of their actions, but it's the way the system works. At least the NHS was there when I broke my foot at work!!!!!

Sometimes life is unfair, get over it.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
My point was as made: neither surprise me, both annoy me. There is no other connection.

Are you either a STR or a FTB with a saved deposit??

If either of these, where do you keep your Money, in the bank or under the mattress.

If it is in the bank, I take it you wish to gain interest?? If so, my point is proven, you cannot have it both ways.

If it's under the mattress, watch out!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

HOLA4412
I love the old Doom & Gloom, your negative if you believe in a crash. Your wrong in you bullish stance but if you weren't it would be the most depressing negative thing for the majority of this country. Where is the doom and gloom in wanting to spend money on something other than a mortgage?? Now piss off!

Now now , did i hit a nerve .

Yes rather than spend money on your morgage, spend it paying your landlords mortgage !! haha - makes sense !

Silly me i should do that then i can be as bright as you oh great Goom Monger!

Edited by kissmyb

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
...where do you keep your Money, in the bank or under the mattress.

If it is in the bank, I take it you wish to gain interest??  If so, my point is proven, you cannot have it both ways.

If it's under the mattress, watch out!!!! :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

What is all this twaddle?

Your point (don't tell me not to back track if you can't stick to it) was there was no magnanimity here from the bears. My point was people here are fed up of the lack of magananimity from the bulls and are merely giving as good as they've got.

Take this today:

What did I say a few days ago?  That the Mail's article about putting off buying in favour of renting would favour BTLs?  And keep prices up?

Well stick this article in your pipe and smoke it guys/gals ..

As touching as I find your concern for my finances, I see no relevance to th etopic under consideration. Why don't you instead address my points herre <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.

I note we have another smug-free bear on the thread : kissmyb

Kevino, I really do worry about your objectivity .......

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4415

So HPC bears are offensive eh? I've spent the last 6 mins looking through the most recent KOTC posts and at least 75% are nothing more than personal attacks on the intelligence or social standing of members. Here are the first few:

I've added titles to show my interpretation of the personal comments being made. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive :lol:

HPC members are lazy drunks:

Resistance? Against what? Against whom? 

Or better still surprise us all, and spend your next drunken daydream thinking how you can get yourself a better job/business!!

KOTC

HPC members are lazy, underachieving, whingers:

But the point is the more whingers on here post, the less time they have to work or better their own businesses so more so the whingers have to rent. .....

It's like whinging about a situation you've created, but that situation wouldn't exist if you were more productuve with your time. That is what is so hilarious.

Still, look on the bright side, look what you've 'acheived', you're a "VIP" member on an anonymous website  :rolleyes:

KOTC

HPC members are foolish an desperate:

Bubb. .......the simple fact is you were ultimately wrong in your prognosis.  Do keep up the pretence of not being so though, as it's making you look even more follish and desperate than you already are! 

KOTC

HPC members are not worth responding to:

Please excuse me for a second here "Dr"  Bubb

:lol:  (x8)

There, that's better

HPC members are inferior, socially and intellectually:

TRANSLATION:

I'm struggling big style to put together a coherant argument with TTRTR & BTL London breathing down my neck, I can only come up with white trash chavtastic scummy comments 24/7 and they dodge them and come back with solid backed up eloquent genuine arguments.......PLEASE......PLEASE...... mods take them away to allow me to continue my vitriolic splurting in peace......PLEASE!

HPC members are thick, drunken, fianacial nobodies:

Hi Walter (rash is underway)

Seek psychiatric  help urgently. Just  remember to take your big green monster along with you

KOTC

ps: remember to tell him about your £100,000 per week income delusion as well, might as well get your moneys worth :lol:

pps: I know your dole doesn't stretch very far, especially after your weekend alcho pop binge. So if all else fails at least try this book I've sourced for you, I've even gone to the bother of making sure the intelligence is at the right level for you  ;)  Good luck, you can beat this!

0316236535_big.jpg

To see more of this lurvely stuff just go to Members, put in King under search and press go. then look under memebers posts. This guy only has to touch thekeyboard to put somebody down.

MAGNANIMITY? F@CK THAT!

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4416
Any bonehead who uses money from a (Long term, this crash notwithstanding) appreciating asset like a house to buy something which drops in value immediately like a car deserves to be shot with $hit!!!!

As I have said in previous posts, I will feel sorry for families suckered into buying at inflated prices, not to make any profit, just to get a home for themselves.  They will feel the pain the most.  Also, naive BTL's trying to get something for their retirement (because Mr. Brown has fooked their pensions).  I feel quite sorry for them to, but to a lesser extent as if they want to play the game, they should read the rules a bit better.

MEW's to fund holidays and living beyond their means, I have no sympathy.  Take a walk down a street in Newcastle called Osborne Road, lot of Porsches and X5's.  But there are nowhere near enough jobs in the North East to fund this expenditure.

Hi Kevino,

I understand where you are coming from, anyone who has been mislead into buying for inflated prices, is definately a victim of all this. What I'd like to add though, is that I see way to often people making decisions based on very little knowledge or research. I agree that buying a house should be for the purposes of a home and a home only, but if you buy a home that you cannot afford if interest rate climb to the great heights of 5%, then you only really have yourself to blame.

I sold my flat to move in with my partner (who rented), this was not a finanial decision, but one of practicalities. Our initial intention was to see how things went for 6 months and then (if we didn't hate each other) buy a house. We found, that although nearly all banks would willingly lend us enough to purchase a home big enough for both of us and some little laughing goats (heavens forbid), the repayments should interest rates rise to 6%, would be almost £2000 a month a figure we would struggle to afford. Would you have felt sorry for me? I hope not.

LG

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
"King of the Castle" : as in I'm the king of the castle and you're the dirty rascal. If you doubt for one minute it is his intention to insult board members in this way with every smug post of his name, I suggest you read a few of his threads.

"Alright Jack" : as in I'm alright jack, pull up  the ladder. More smuggness. Check out his posts if you don't believe me.

Jeez Sledge, sense of humour failure or what? :rolleyes: Lighten up dude!

If you take a website named Housepricecrash seriously that's been around for two years almost when the reality is there's been no crash you need help mate.

Oh and the main reason I joined this site was because I was ****gobsmacked**** to hear a 34 year old guy [cornish pasty IIRC] whinging his head off on national radio because he didn't have a house because he'd been travelling the world for a decade previously :o I mean WTF!!

You may call me smug my friend, but I call my posts a reality check!

KOTC

HOLA4419
So HPC bears are offensive eh? I've spent the last 6 mins looking through the most recent KOTC posts and at least 75% are nothing more than personal attacks on the intelligence or social standing of members. Here are the first few:

I've added titles to show my interpretation of the personal comments being made. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive  :lol:

HPC members are lazy drunks:

HPC members are lazy, underachieving, whingers:

HPC members are foolish an desperate:

HPC members are not worth responding to:

HPC members are inferior, socially and intellectually:

HPC members are thick, drunken,  fianacial nobodies:

To see more of this lurvely stuff just go to Members, put in King under search and press go. then look under memebers posts. This guy only has to touch thekeyboard to put somebody down.

MAGNANIMITY? F@CK THAT!

Blinking heck I've only been posting back on here for a day and I've picked up an internet stalker already!

BTW re: insults, context my stalking buddy, context

KOTC

HOLA4420

Hah! Stalker. See, stalkers follow people around and learn every little detail. Had I wanted to find something nice you'd said, I'd have to stalk you.

However, even my occasional sampling of your distasteful posts was enough to inform me that a simple search of your posts would throw up something obnoxious. You didn't disappoint. All that cr@p above is from the first page of 10 posts. I'm sorry to say so, but speaking objectively, KOTC, as he appears here, is a nasty piece of work.

Sorry. I wish I could say something nice about you, but there it is: you really are a sh!t :(

:P

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4421
Blinking heck I've only been posting back on here for a day and I've picked up an internet stalker already!

BTW re: insults, context my stalking buddy, context

KOTC

Hey, KOTC is back. Finally some action round here!

By the way, KOTC, it has become fasionable around here to start a thread about yourself before leaving the forum for a period of time (or forever). So, when you feel so inclined (hopefully not for a long time), you must start a nice "I'm out of here" thread.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
i think you might find that its a 'him'  :D

plucked his eyebrows along the way.

shaved his legs, then she was a he -

she said :"aclwalker, take a walk on the wild side"

Right Fred, and you are just bloody Rude :o

EDIT:

And I am betting that all you 78% boys have pustulous zits and large beer bellies, and am further betting you all over-comb. Doesn't give a girl a lot of motivation to shave the legs. :P:ph34r:

Sledgehead: you can add this to your list if you like :lol:

Edited by Elizabeth

HOLA4425
Right Fred, and you are just bloody Rude  :o 

EDIT:

And I am betting that all you 78% boys have pustulous zits and large beer bellies, and am further betting you all over-comb.  Doesn't give a girl a lot of motivation to shave the legs. :P  :ph34r:

Sledgehead: you can add this to your list if you like :lol:

Wotz to add Lizzy? You speak as you find and we both agree men are unattractive. :D