• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
it seems you are, to them at least. Try morse with your shoe for special requests  :lol:

Currently I have B marley... no woman no cry ... chuh! Soooo misguided!

i dont know how to play the theme from morse with a shoe. perhaps if i had a light string quartet i could put something half decent together, but at this hour.? i'll call chets.

HOLA445
HOLA446
i dont know how to play the theme from morse with a shoe. perhaps if i had a light string quartet i could put something half decent together, but at this hour.? i'll call chets.

try this:

... .... ..- - / ..- .--. / -.-- --- ..- / -... .- ... - .- .-. -.. ...

or this:

.. / .-. . .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .-.. .. -.- . / .- -... -... .-

http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html

HOLA447
HOLA448
.- -... -... .- .-.-.- /  -.-- --- ..- /  ... .... --- .-- /  -.-- --- ..- .-. /  .- --. . /  -- .- -.. .- --

until i found this site i relyed on ready break to keep me cool.

-. .- .... .... .... .... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- / .--- ..- ... - / .- / -.-. .-.. .- ... ... .. -.-. ... / .-.. --- ...- . .-.

I loved abba even when i was 10 yrs old and it was desperately uncool ... I also loved frankie at the same time, and that was also desp. uncool. Everyone else was into Spandau Ballet and Adam Ant.

Does that make me old then? errr.... well not 20 anymore anyway... :unsure:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
For your information studies have shown an inverse correlation between earnings and intelligence. Think about it: how much does the head of research earn compared to the head of sales? How much does Steven Hawkins earn compared to David Beckham? I remeber a "Test the Nation" where the highest earners had the lowest IQ and the highest IQ was found to belong to some unemployed chap. Get real: in general salary is to do with who you know, not what you know.
Now I know it is in the wee hours where you are, but I must take exception to that. All the census statistics and studies I have seen show the opposite, at least if you use education as a guide. Perhaps you have anecdotal evidence to the contrary, but the statistics do not lie. More education = more money. (up to a point and in general).

Part of being intelligent is learning and using office politics to your advantage. If you wish to call that "who you know", then so be it.

I think you are both right actually. Schooling does increase occupational standing and income (for instance Chamberlain and Griliches (1975), International Economic Review), but up to a point. I doubt that PhDs are making more money than Masters of the same age in this country unless they really want to. And intelligence is not a factor here – people self-select in schooling according not only to their intelligence but to their priorities in life in general. So, Steven Hawkins, probably, did not have a priority in his life to earn like David Beckham. What could have happened if he had this urge, we can only guess….

HOLA4413
I think you are both right actually. Schooling does increase occupational standing and income (for instance Chamberlain and Griliches (1975), International Economic Review), but up to a point. I doubt that PhDs are making more money than Masters of the same age in this country unless they really want to. And intelligence is not a factor here – people self-select in schooling according not only to their intelligence but to their priorities in life in general. So, Steven Hawkins, probably, did not have a priority in his life to earn like David Beckham. What could have happened if he had this urge, we can only guess….

murky waters here. talent vs intelligence... if you must choose a Beckham, choose Victoria. No talent, no intelligence (sorry posh) but prob. wealthier than Hawkins.

HOLA4414
Actually, I was a bit too soft on you. You come accross as increasingly arrogant despite your protestations.

Oh....and with your English, you do not actually quite square up the 152 IQ, unless they've changed the test. Perhaps you cheated!

VP

Perhaps my standard of PC English is not brilliant. However it appears that your ability to read is not too hot. Please show me the quote pertaining to my IQ??? I've never written about my IQ here. Perhaps you have me confused with "chuz"????

HOLA4415
Impossible to tell. But agree bulls are obviously thick.

People who do not read a statement completely then make rash judgements are the thick ones-read my first post-I am bearish, but I don't want to laugh if I'm better off at other people's expense. That is the full gist of my mail.

I disagree with TTRTR that the market is going to keep on going, but I wouldn't label him "Thick". If he can take advantage of a market if it is RISING OR FALLING, then he is obviously not thick, business savvy and I wish him the best of luck. This is the capatalist society we live in. A lot on here seem jealous and bitter. Bitter they do not own a home or can't afford one at present ( again, I would like to know how this causes "suffering" if you have to rent) and jealous of those who do own, or are speculating to make money. Are you sure you don't want to live in 1950's USSR??? Everyone had their "own" home/apartment then!!!!!!

Edited by kevino

HOLA4416
Magnanimity Is Laudable But Isn't Apparent Here

Too fekking bad! Get over it.  :P

Nahhh, they're too busy worrying about how they're going to keep their houses (60,000 households are 6 months behind with their mortgage remember).

Again, read the full text before making snap judgements.

I do not use housing as an investment tool, merely as a home. A crash across the board would benefit me as it would bring the rungs on the ladder closer together.

As for worrying about the mortgage, I am not one of the 60,000 you refer to. Again, read the post.

HOLA4417
Just quoting from the great Tevor McDoughnut's Tonight programme.

Although that show did feel like a dream come true (or the begining of the end of a nightmare).

Funny how "Bullish TV programmes" are all lies, but "Bearish ones" are 100% truthful to a lot of people on here. It all depends on what side of the fence you sit on.

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

HOLA4418
People who do not read a statement completely then make rash judgements are the thick ones-read my first post-I am bearish, but I don't want to laugh if I'm better off at other people's expense.  That is the full gist of my mail.

I disagree with TTRTR that the market is going to keep on going, but I wouldn't label him "Thick".  If he can take advantage of a market if it is RISING OR FALLING, then he is obviously not thick, business savvy and I wish him the best of luck.  This is the capatalist society we live in.  A lot on here seem jealous and bitter. Bitter they do not own a home or can't afford one at present ( again, I would like to know how this causes "suffering" if you have to rent) and jealous of those who do own, or are speculating to make money.  Are you sure you don't want to live in 1950's USSR???  Everyone had their "own" home/apartment then!!!!!!

yes, i admit i'm jealous but ......as someone who has no gripes generally with the capitalist system (warts and all there's no alternative).....housing , particularly smaller cheaper homes are a fundamental necessity like food and utilities...

IMO the rich should be able to speculate as much as they like with flats in Knightsbridge , oil paintings, precious stones and almost anything else but housing is a special case.......Many Tories say the imperfections in the market eg planning laws are determined through the political process so the system is just....

but it's clearly failing to provide now as well as it did in the past....

The government's first task is to make housing less attractive than other investments...........And i haven't a clue how this could be done (any ideas?) but moves along these lines would be easier and cheaper than trying to build enough additional houses to reduce prices.....

Trouble is your friendly down-to-earth ''working class hero'' Labour MP's most likely got his snout in the BTL trough....with TTRTR and the gang......

I can't recall specific instances but many Labour MPs have ploughed their housing allowances into BTL properties....and Michael Meacher who through courtesy of his executive wife ( a banker, I think) owns 6 properties was recently quoted as saying ''We don't need to build any more homes...There are plenty!''

HOLA4419

I know what I find distasteful.

I find it distatseful when people with a huge portfolio of property, bought with MY money, lent at stupid rates, multiplied by fractional reserve banking, have the nerve to come to this site and accuse the good members here of being:

1 . lazy, when they themselves brag about how much free time they have as a landlord,

2 . gutless, when they merely don't understand the risks and, at a mere mention of the word "equity" they fight shy, claiming "too risky".

3 . stupid, when they were merely fortunate enough to be of that particular house-buying age in 1996

4 . scum

5 . scaremongers intent on causing a crash that will ruin lives, when they themselves stop at nothing to keep prices moving ever higher and ever further out of reach of anyone sensible enough not to want to sign their financial future away before they even had one.

For your information studies have shown an inverse correlation between earnings and intelligence. Think about it: how much does the head of research earn compared to the head of sales? How much does Steven Hawkins earn compared to David Beckham? I remeber a "Test the Nation" where the highest earners had the lowest IQ and the highest IQ was found to belong to some unemployed chap. Get real: in general salary is to do with who you know, not what you know.

If you really think you are all that, try working for yourself in a job that doesn't rely on the experience of others. BTLers have been doing that for a while now and are about to find out how much of it was down to them, and how much was down to  market dynamics they cared little for: ie luck. But go to singing pig and you'll still see some of the old brashness. There was even one guy with a signature that said : "Success is all down to luck: just ask a loser!"

Smug? These guys here? You've lived a sheltered life m8

"Try working for yourself in a job that doesn't rely on the experience of others". How can you presume I don't when you have NO IDEA what my job is???!!!

You are peeved because the bank has lent out YOUR money (ie your money deposited in the bank) to another person. I'm sorry, but has the way the capitalist banking system works just been unveiled to the world?? Is this any great surprise?? Why not take all of your money out of the bank and stick it under your mattress if the system is wrong?? Why, because you want interest?? Well shock and horror!! Some of the interest on your money in the bank is probably due to interest charges some of these BTL's are paying!!!! It's swings and roundabouts!! You cannot have your cake and eat it!!!!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
yes, i admit i'm jealous but ......as someone who has no gripes generally with the capitalist system (warts and all there's no alternative).....housing , particularly smaller cheaper homes are a fundamental necessity like food and utilities...

IMO the rich should be able to speculate as much as they like with flats in Knightsbridge , oil paintings, precious stones and almost anything else but housing is a special case.......Many Tories say the imperfections in the market eg planning laws are determined through the political process so the system is just....

but it's clearly failing to provide now as well as it did in the past....

The government's first task is to make housing less attractive than other investments...........And i haven't a clue how this could be done (any ideas?) but moves along these lines would be easier and cheaper than trying to build enough additional houses to reduce prices.....

Trouble is your friendly down-to-earth ''working class hero'' Labour MP's most likely got his snout in the BTL trough....with TTRTR and the gang......

I can't recall specific instances but many Labour MPs have ploughed their housing allowances into BTL properties....and Michael Meacher who through courtesy of his executive wife ( a banker, I think)  owns 6 properties was recently quoted as saying ''We don't need to build any more homes...There are plenty!''

Well be happy in the knowledge that the same set of tw@ts who got us into this mess with "Tax and Spend" and their usual $hite rehashed from the '70's will go down if BTL does as well................................

HOLA4423
it seems you are, to them at least. Try morse with your shoe for special requests  :lol:

Currently I have B marley... no woman no cry ... chuh! Soooo misguided!

Shame about the demise of morse code. It's quicker than mobile phone texting, after practice of course. The shoe you're using for your coded request wasn't a hush puppy was it.

88's

G7VWC

HOLA4424

I know what I find distasteful.

I find it distatseful when people with a huge portfolio of property, bought with MY money, lent at stupid rates, multiplied by fractional reserve banking, have the nerve to come to this site and accuse the good members here of being:

1 . lazy, when they themselves brag about how much free time they have as a landlord,

2 . gutless, when they merely don't understand the risks and, at a mere mention of the word "equity" they fight shy, claiming "too risky".

3 . stupid, when they were merely fortunate enough to be of that particular house-buying age in 1996

4 . scum

5 . scaremongers intent on causing a crash that will ruin lives, when they themselves stop at nothing to keep prices moving ever higher and ever further out of reach of anyone sensible enough not to want to sign their financial future away before they even had one.

Smug? These guys here? You've lived a sheltered life m8

Wow, a real life "trader" on here, I've such admiration for you guys. Especially the sort who think they're above other money making professions. Just out of curiousity, you know when you bet.......errrrr....... trade sorry, do you use the pin and FT method, or the good old dart board and FT method? It's just I'm so desperate to join your "elite" ranks and to lose my "gutless/lazy/good for nothing" tag. :rolleyes:

Anyway, great to see your ilk alive and kicking, I thought you went out with white stilletos, filofaxes, rolled up suit sleeves, and rah rah skirts :lol:

KOTC

Edited by King of the castle

HOLA4425