House Price Crash Forum

Ea's Are Our Friends

Pent Up

HOLA441

At least the one referred to here is. From the MSE house selling thread. (please don't post there, just leave them to it.)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1707749&page=291

Well, spoke to the EA yesterday and the buyer really cant afford any more than he is offering. The EA gave me the flannel that house prices are dropping at 150quid a day and im not going to get a better offer, blah blah sales speil. In the end I haggled with them over their fee`s and got them down from 2% to 1.5% of the selling price, and accepted the buyers low offer, which is 10k less than I wanted.

Looking on Mouse Prices, ive just sold my house for the same price as houses in my street were selling back in 2002/2003 !!!!!!!!!!!!! and 30k less than it was worth 2 years ago. I appreciate things are lower than 2008, but didnt think they were down to 2002/2003 prices yet.

Im so angry about it all. All that money you spend doing a house up so its perfect and its made no difference to the house prices. Now, the house ive just bought ive had to pay top wack for and just can not afford to do it up as good and nice as I did in my current house.

Makes me feel im some sort of charity. Buy a house, spend a fortune doing up and sell it cheap so the next person benefits.

Some EAs do understand the market and know they need to pressure sellers into dropping rather than buyers into upping which most likely they won't be able to do.

I think this guys problem was that he didn't take advantage of the buyers Market when he was buying his new house.

HOLA442
HOLA443

At least the one referred to here is. From the MSE house selling thread. (please don't post there, just leave them to it.)

http://forums.moneys...707749&page=291

Some EAs do understand the market and know they need to pressure sellers into dropping rather than buyers into upping which most likely they won't be able to do.

I think this guys problem was that he didn't take advantage of the buyers Market when he was buying his new house.

reality bites ....

HOLA444

Looking on Mouse Prices, ive just sold my house for the same price as houses in my street were selling back in 2002/2003 !!!!!!!!!!!!! and 30k less than it was worth 2 years ago. I appreciate things are lower than 2008, but didnt think they were down to 2002/2003 prices yet.

Looks like he was caught by the EA / VI flannel in 2008. "It's just a temporary dip and they'll soon be higher than peak."

Part NuLabour temporary dip/growth soon back on track election hype as well.

None of the parties really admitted the scale of the problems right upto the general election and although the coalition says it's worse than expected so the policies are harsh but they still won't explain why it's worse. Just another form of scam.

He lost money on that property. That's what happens with scam based housing.

Edited by billybong

HOLA445

He seems mainly peed off at the fact that a similar house he sees as a doer upper sold on his road 2 months back for 172k, whereas his house has had work on it, but he has had to take an offer of 155k. TBH I have some pity for him and his pricing strategy seemed reasonable to me.

Edited by FaFa!

HOLA446

Funniest thing i've read on here in weeks....thanks.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm angry too. All that money I spent on my car, getting it MOTd every year, all those miles I put on it and all that wear and tear I've built up all this time, and i have to sell it for LESS than I originally paid!!! Has the world gone mad!?!

+1 .. and all the lies I believed when I bought the car (even sounds like a Golf ... anyone?) ... would make me very angry if I was disillusioned of the lie I had so depesrately wanted to believe back when I bought the house.

I thought you 'do up a house' in order to enjoy the daily benefits of the work (nice kitchen etc etc etc) ... not in order to get the money back at some point and then foist your taste/style choices on some budget-stretched 'ladder wannabe lemming' ... worse yet if he MEWed in order to affords the house alterations.

Aidanapword

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Is he angry because he went and sold his house before looking on Mouseprice, instead of the other way round? :rolleyes:

I couldn't resist; had to add

"To add insult to injury they will probably rip out your things and do it up to their own taste funded by the savings they made. "

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The MSE thread = mwahahahaha. HPC is here muthaf=ckas, and it looks like it isn't going to respect shiny kitchens or wet rooms.

HOLA4419