House Price Crash Forum

Ed Miliband Say House Price Fall "worrying"

HOLA441

I thought he'd renounced Brown's voodoo economics in his confereence speech

What a prat

I think Milliband's best approach would be some post-Stalinesque denunciation of his predecessor and support for the idea of house prices returning to affordable levels. I think most people understand that the austerity we have to come was an inevitable result of the Brown years and acknowledging that would at least show that he has a basic grasp of economics.

HOLA442
HOLA443

The Miliband brothers.

Putting the N in 'CUTS'

Edited by Dan1

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Maybe for all those 'hardworking British families' who maybe with an increase in falls may find themselves able to buy themselves a home without mortgaging themselves up to the backside.

....worried nearer to home ...hasn't his partner just taken a large mortgage on the house where they live now....?... :rolleyes:

HOLA447
HOLA448

whilst the writer of the piece does make some prescient observations, this quote was telling:

As I get my news mainly from the Guardian and the BBC, it had entirely passed me by.

it begs the question, how many other left-leaning liberals are so entrenched in such a small bandwidth of newsfeed?

this reminds me of some the Guardian readers comments regarding the 1010 video, displaying a brainwashed ignorance which i found disturbing

Edited by p.p.

HOLA449

whilst the writer of the piece does make some prescient observations, this quote was telling:

it begs the question, how many other left-leaning liberals are so entrenched in such a small bandwidth of newsfeed?

this reminds me of some the Guardian readers comments regarding the 1010 video, displaying a brainwashed ignorance which i found disturbing

...typical Pravda trendy lefty answer...and I don't believe it ....more likely he's been talking to his neighbours recently .... :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Had to check he really said it, and he did:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00v94rt

21m30s

"And we've already seen warning signals this week with the fall in house prices."

Koff Ed Milliband. The market doesn't exist just to keep on rewarding house owners or borrowers for being on the ladder. And you were part of the government which happily watched and created conditions for house prices shoot upwards year after year. Promoting 'home ownership' as a good thing, whatever the cost in mortgage debt, is how I interpretted Cooper woman putting it. The -3.6% was an encouraging welcome sign for many younger people who don't want to take on the debt you'd like us to be under.

HOLA4416

"And we've already seen warning signals this week with the fall in house prices."

Koff Ed Milliband. The market doesn't exist just to keep on rewarding house owners or borrowers for being on the ladder. And you were part of the government which happily watched and created conditions for house prices shoot upwards year after year. Promoting 'home ownership' as a good thing, whatever the cost in mortgage debt, is how I interpretted Cooper woman putting it. The -3.6% was an encouraging welcome sign for many younger people who don't want to take on the debt you'd like us to be under.

...yeah ...he was a Lieutenant in Gordo's Balloon Regiment .....champagne in the officers mess..... :rolleyes:

HOLA4417

These so called left wingers have a penchant for areas like Hampstead and Primrose Hill. I admire their taste. I admire somewhat less the blatant two faced avoidance of CGT and inheritance tax which facilitates property portfolio building by those whose motto was 'property is theft'.

Just because they say property is theft, it doesn't mean that they believe theft to be wrong.

HOLA4418

These so called left wingers have a penchant for areas like Hampstead and Primrose Hill. I admire their taste. I admire somewhat less the blatant two faced avoidance of CGT and inheritance tax which facilitates property portfolio building by those whose motto was 'property is theft'.

post-8808-019287700 1286754671_thumb.jpg

post-8808-019287700 1286754671_thumb.jpg

HOLA4419

They want the populace kept in the dark. I find his comments hugely disrespectful and insulting.

He acts as though he does not know WHY house prices rose, and takes no responsibility for his parties actions.

Because in his opinion the population at large don't know, [or want to know] so he is happy to treat them like mushrooms. [Keep them in the dark and feed them sh1t]

Maybe he is so out of touch, he still believes that 'the people' actually believe Gordon was telling the truth when he stated he 'had saved the world'

There seems to be a large dose of self delusion occuring at Labour HQ. :lol:

If [and when] there is a real HPC, only then, may we see the BBC discussing why the HPC happened.

And I very much doubt they will lay the blame at the door of the Labour Party.

Even though Labours disastrous policies and decisions have been well documented on here.

These politicians are just common conmen.

Labours un-popularity is just beginning. Especially amongst younger generations.

Labour will go through a shedload of leaders, for years, until finally they realise they have to make a full confession, and collectively turn on Brown and co.

Eds just the first fall guy.

[unfortunately my hatred of Labour gets me no closer to being able to buy a house.]

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4420

...yeah ...he was a Lieutenant in Gordo's Balloon Regiment .....champagne in the officers mess..... :rolleyes:

It is even worse than Brown, as Ed has now the benefit of hindsight. It is much worse. Incomprehensible actually.

Only political demagogy explains that.

And even this it is stupid, as in the long term it will come back to bite him. (It is on tape.) Because I think in a few years the whole country will be as aware of these 10 years bubble folly, just like the Northern Ireland people are aware now, after 3 years of HP falls there. (Have you heard that radio show from there, linked here a few weeks ago? Brilliant.) Just before the next election, this video from Ed will make him look very stupid indeed.

HOLA4421

Left wing?anarchis more like

Property is theft! (French: La propriété, c'est le vol!) is a slogan coined by French anarchist Pierre-Joseph Proudhon in his 1840 book What is Property? Or, an Inquiry into the Principle of Right and of Government.

Karl Marx, although initially favourable to Proudhon's work, later criticised, among other things, the expression "property is theft" as self-refuting and unnecessarily confusing, writing that "... 'theft' as a forcible violation of property presupposes the existence of property..." and condemning Proudhon for entangling himself in "all sorts of fantasies, obscure even to himself, about true bourgeois property

HOLA4422

It is even worse than Brown, as Ed has now the benefit of hindsight. It is much worse. Incomprehensible actually.

Only political demagogy explains that.

And even this it is stupid, as in the long term it will come back to bite him. (It is on tape.) Because I think in a few years the whole country will be as aware of these 10 years bubble folly, just like the Northern Ireland people are aware now, after 3 years of HP falls there. (Have you heard that radio show from there, linked here a few weeks ago? Brilliant.) Just before the next election, this video from Ed will make him look very stupid indeed.

...you're right ...he was part of it ....saw the damage he wreaked ...and now would like to make the same mistakes all over again .....he is just another lefty not in touch with reality..... :rolleyes: