House Price Crash Forum

Rbs Ie Us,relax Jjb Sports Loan Terms To Enable It To Discount Into Christmas.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

'Extend and pretend' in the High street?.

So if I understand this correctly taxpayers are susidising cut price tracky bottoms?.

Made by slaves in countries we have deficits with.

Yep.

Osborne's rebalanced economy.

Edit: With a bit of luck they'll extend and pretend with Liverpool FC's finance in 2 weeks too. Then Hicks and Gillett can stay for a little while longer. :)

Edited by Frank Sidebottom

HOLA446

They lose money on every sale, but they make it up on volume.

whilst a funny comment...it is the way bankers think..

whenever I am quized about my business, the boffin ALWAYS asks about Turnover.

My Wifes, place, they have upped the targets so that the bankers would be happy...have they hit them...no, but the bankers were delighted that targets were up.

I get the message....with increased turnover, you have higher cash flows, so at any one time, there is more at the bank....this means exit is more comfortable for the bank.

Less comfortable for trade creditors, customers left in the lurch, and future investment.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I get the message....with increased turnover, you have higher cash flows, so at any one time, there is more at the bank....this means exit is more comfortable for the bank.

For a small buisness your relationship with your bank depends only on turnover ..

Very low turnover and you are on the computerised banking system .. "The computer says no" type of thing ..

Higher turnover and it's the "Buisness banking "Team" in Swansea ..

Very high turnover and you have a local bank manager (like the old days ..)

I just had a huge outlay job on top of several late invoices so I "Lent" myself £6000 from the savings account then I got paid £6000 by a client so I paid it back .. then a load of nessesary purchases and bills came up and I was out of money again so I "Borrowed" it again .. then a load of invoices came in so I paid it back again ..

This morning my new local Bank Manager called .. He wants to come and see me and talk about the buisness ..

If you want the best service from your bank just Merry-go-round the money ..

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Erm....you are.

Not so much .. because I have five children .. I do pay a little bit of tax on my savings interest but due to the stupid way the tax system works it massively pays me to make a very small profit from the buisness.

This way I get vast quantities of tax credits this year and next year. Then I have one year where I don't invest in new equipment and make a huge profit .. Then sell the company to my "partner" who funds the purchase with a bank loan pay the 12% CGT .. then run the company without profit for a few more years to pay back the loan ..

Rinse and repeat .. the Tax system in this country is MENTAL .. It only benefits speculators and tax avioders .. People who work for their money get shafted at every turn ..

HOLA4413

Not so much .. because I have five children .. I do pay a little bit of tax on my savings interest but due to the stupid way the tax system works it massively pays me to make a very small profit from the buisness.

This way I get vast quantities of tax credits this year and next year. Then I have one year where I don't invest in new equipment and make a huge profit .. Then sell the company to my "partner" who funds the purchase with a bank loan pay the 12% CGT .. then run the company without profit for a few more years to pay back the loan ..

Rinse and repeat .. the Tax system in this country is MENTAL .. It only benefits speculators and tax avioders .. People who work for their money get shafted at every turn ..

indeed...

Its also why they are running out of liquidity again.

HOLA4414

Yap..incentive given in the tax system is totally mad. Not just UK though. Most of the developed world operate this way.

Maybe RBS 's plan is to allow them to liquidate the stock and then seize the cash and put the company into administration...

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

'Extend and pretend' in the High street?.

So if I understand this correctly taxpayers are susidising cut price tracky bottoms?.

It appears you are right. I said jokingly yesterday that if people don't buy things, the government can buy things for them.