House Price Crash Forum

Wikileaks Founder Wanted On Rape Charge

Darkman

HOLA441
WikiLeaks Founder Wanted On Rape Charge

Karin Rosander, director of communications at Sweden's prosecutors' office, said an arrest warrant for the 39-year-old Australian was issued late on Friday.

"Julian Assange is wanted for two different issues, one of them is that he's suspected of rape in Sweden," he told the AFP news agency.

He was unable to say what the other accusation was or whether the search warrant was international.

Assange immediately denied the accusations on the WikiLeaks Twitter page.

"The charges are without basis and their issue at this moment is deeply disturbing," he tweeted.

According to the Swedish newspaper Expressen, Assange is also wanted for assaulting a woman.

WikiLeaks said on Twitter: "We were warned to expect 'dirty tricks.' Now we have the first one."

"Expressen is a tabloid; No one here has been contacted by Swedish police. Needless to say this will prove hugely distracting," it said in another tweet.

Assange was in Sweden last week where he announced that the whistleblower website was set to publish a final batch of 15,000 secret document on the war in Afghanistan in "a couple of weeks".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/WikiLeaks-Founder-Julian-Assange-Accused-Of-Rape-In-Sweden-Prosecutor-Says/Article/201008315701246?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15701246_WikiLeaks_Founder_Julian_Assange_Accused_Of_Rape_In_Sweden,_Prosecutor_Says

Obviously it's impossible to say for sure either way. But I suspect that anyone who messes with a war effort will be dealt with in a war-like manner. Give it a few months and he'll be found dead somewhere after "committing suicide".

:ph34r:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Odd, in the UK a warrant can only be issued if there appears to be evidence....what evidence "disappears" in hours....ah yes...a frivolous allegation.

The stigma will linger longer.

Bet not to mess with the NWO crowd. They reward diligent workers well (Bliair) but if you cross them....

HOLA448
HOLA449

It's enough to damage him, on slashdot this tree shows , edit:

Warrant CANCELED (Score:4, Informative)

by mindwhip (894744) writes: on Saturday August 21, @11:31AM (#33324674)

Breaking news on BBC... the arrest warrant has been canceled... definitely sounds like dirty government tricks now...

Reply to This

Re:Timing,,, (Score:5, Insightful)

by Oidhche (1244906) writes: on Saturday August 21, @07:57AM (#33322950)

Furthermore, one has to remember that even if the accusations are true, it does not in any way invalidate Assange's work or "pro-leak" arguments. Doing so would be a simple, straight ad hominem.

Reply to This

Parent

Re:Timing,,, (Score:5, Insightful)

by Sycraft-fu (314770) writes: on Saturday August 21, @08:22AM (#33323084)

Well what it could do, at least for some people, is call motives in to question. Right now you see two major theories at to why he does what he does and in particular why he chose to leak a bunch of classified data which appears to have little to no public value:

1) He really believes in this "freedom and openness at all costs," thing. He is a zealot perhaps, but an idealistic one. He really thinks that the best thing for the world is to have no secrets that all information from any source should be public for all to see. What he does is not at all about him, it is about the greater good, about making the world a better place. He believes that what he does is necessary.

2) He's an egomaniac with questionable morals who likes puff himself up be getting the better of people and exposing them. He leaks indiscriminately, including documents of no real value (like sorority secrets) because it gets him attention, power, and gives him a thrill. All the "public good" stuff is just ********, he doesn't really care, it is all about him and his ego.

Well, if he actually committed a rape, it would indicate that #2 is more likely. You obviously have to have some twisted morals to want to rape someone and ego and power are a big part of it. It is as much about exerting your will on another as the sexual gratification. So it would be an indicator that indeed his work on Wikileaks was for self centered reasons.

Now even if he did it all for selfish reasons that doesn't mean that you are required to find it worthless. You could certainly say "I don't care why he did it *I* believe it is valuable and necessary, and a good thing for society." The value needs to be evaluated independent of anything he says or does and nay reasons he has.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

And die in a car crash en-route to the hearing, you know how dangerous swedish roads are. :rolleyes:

Nah ... it'll be the ol' bathroom accident , where you slip on a bar of soap , and bang your head on the sink , bath, and toilet on the way down to smearing your brains all over the tilled floor ...

All the doors and windows will be locked from the inside , so it will be open and shut ..

... although if he comes to the UK again , there's always the walk in the woods ...!

HOLA4414

Nah ... it'll be the ol' bathroom accident , where you slip on a bar of soap , and bang your head on the sink , bath, and toilet on the way down to smearing your brains all over the tilled floor ...

All the doors and windows will be locked from the inside , so it will be open and shut ..

... although if he comes to the UK again , there's always the walk in the woods ...!

Or on the hills <_<

HOLA4415

Smells a lot like a case of some woman leading him astray and then turning on him, in a 'sting' operation.

Many years ago my dad warned me against picking up female hitchhikers, in case I ended up getting accused of rape. And that was without me having made powerful enemies with a motive for wanting to damage me!

Of course I ignored him: when I had a car I'd pick up hitchhikers of either sex, so long as there was no obvious reason not to.

HOLA4416

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/WikiLeaks-Founder-Julian-Assange-Accused-Of-Rape-In-Sweden-Prosecutor-Says/Article/201008315701246?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15701246_WikiLeaks_Founder_Julian_Assange_Accused_Of_Rape_In_Sweden,_Prosecutor_Says

Obviously it's impossible to say for sure either way. But I suspect that anyone who messes with a war effort will be dealt with in a war-like manner. Give it a few months and he'll be found dead somewhere after "committing suicide".

that's a bit drastic!

I would suspect a more "slow-motion" drip of misdemeanours to happen first.

...a several year long stream of "financial and accounting irregularities"...plus maybe a couple of libel lawsuits.

...it looks a bit less suspicious and vindictive as throwing the guy on a 1st/2nd degree murder charge straight away.

HOLA4417

Utter Tosh. He's upset the plantation owners, (to quote 'The Economic Hitman'). The whole PTB arsenal is facing his way now. Brave man and I personally hope he and his colleagues remain safe. Watching some under educated halfwit murder humans from a helicopter in Iraq ruins my calm.

HOLA4418

I am in agreement with Scott Creighton here, it seems more & more like a managed work, you decide:

Attention future whistleblowers: Contrary to “popular opinion” (conveniently being forged by the complicit MSM on both the contrived ”left” and the complicit ”right”) there is ample reason to be extremely cautious about using Wikileaks as the publishing venue for information you wish to make public.

While the evidence mounts that seems to lead one to the conclusion that Wikileaks is indeed a State Department/CIA ”Honeypot” type operation, there are many other options for disseminating the important information you may be in possession of (such as Project Censored, The Center for Research on Globalization (available in 7 languages as well as English),Press TV, RT, and many, many others). At least, that is true just as long as the internet remains open and free of unwarranted government control.

To be clear, I am not saying that the State Department merely provided pre-screened and hand-selected materials to be fed to a dupe or an agent then “leaked” to Wikileaks as some others have suggested.

I am stating unequivocally that Wikileaks itself is a construct of the State Department and the CIA, from the beginning, for the sole purpose of luring potential whistle blowers into exposing themselves and their material prior to releasing such information and harming the Global Free Market Wars agenda.

Whistleblowers: prior to contacting Wikileaks, you owe it to yourself and to the people who need to see the material you are in possession of (us), to consider what I have compiled here today. And you should consider it very, very carefully. Remember Wikileaks is not the only option, there are other, more credible options (some of which will be detailed at the end of this article)

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/an-open-letter-to-potential-whistle-blowers-wikileaks-may-be-a-state-department-honeypot-you-have-other-options/

Archived