House Price Crash Forum

Uk Councils May Buy Spanish Property At Bargain Prices

HOLA441

Rumours from my local authority contacts suggest that at least two councils have been on a fact-finding trip to Torrevieja & other Spanish costa 'townships' where supply outstrips demand, to test the viability of housing non-working UK tenants far cheaper than can be achieved in the UK.

I have no further details at present but I can see the sense in this when Spanish banks will take anything they can get for their repos & the Euro is failing.

What a wonderful opportunity to ditch relocate some disadvantaged members of UK society in order to give them a new & challenging start.

One trusts Shar & Trace would be forced to deal with contracted Spanish officialdom & not dedicated UK housing staff flown in? - shock treatment will be the only way to churn out bilingual chavs, but I'm sure they will thank the motherland eventually.

If there is tax payer participation in the selection process I think the plan has considerable merit?

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

Edited by Laura

HOLA442

Rumours from my local authority contacts suggest that at least two councils have been on a fact-finding trip to Torrevieja & other Spanish costa 'townships' where supply outstrips demand, to test the viability of housing non-working UK tenants far cheaper than can be achieved in the UK.

I have no further details at present but I can see the sense in this when Spanish banks will take anything they can get for their repos & the Euro is failing.

What a wonderful opportunity to ditch relocate some disadvantaged members of UK society in order to give them a new & challenging start.

One trusts Shar & Trace would be forced to deal with contracted Spanish officialdom & not dedicated UK housing staff flown in? - shock treatment will be the only way to churn out bilingual chavs, but I'm sure they will thank the motherland eventually.

If there is tax payer participation in the selection process I think the plan has considerable merit?

Staggering if true - the Mail & Express would lap this up.

HOLA443

Looking for a relocation to the sun for a job maybe?

Insane idea - although it'd be cheaper for oldies to stay warm out there but their NHS won't treat them without interpretor which the spanish make you pay for yourself. (Or do you have to speak spanish yourself?)

HOLA444
HOLA445

Looking for a relocation to the sun for a job maybe?

Insane idea - although it'd be cheaper for oldies to stay warm out there but their NHS won't treat them without interpretor which the spanish make you pay for yourself. (Or do you have to speak spanish yourself?)

Sarah, I think single mothers are the target, not pensioners. The latter are hardly the group to forcibly relocate!

HOLA446

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

I don't believe it for a moment, but nice idea!

Off-shore our poverty. Genius! :rolleyes:

HOLA447

Insane idea - although it'd be cheaper for oldies to stay warm out there

May not be true. Mother-outlaw and partner don't go out to Spain (south of Torrevieja) in deepest winter because you do need heating then, and given that the holiday homes don't have any central heating, they reckon it would be more expensive than staying in Blighty. (Have to say, I'm not quite sure I believe it, because I remember being out there in January and it seemed okay),

Peter.

HOLA448

Sarah, I think single mothers are the target, not pensioners. The latter are hardly the group to forcibly relocate!

Au contraire! I think it'd make more sense to export oldies.

Although when were councils ever sensible... so I take your point.

These surestart child centres the govt built where they all do stuff like baby massage and get watched by umpteem "professionals"

Sure Start is an English UK Government initiative, originating with HM Treasury, with the aim of "giving children the best possible start in life" through improvement of childcare, early education, health and family support, with an emphasis on outreach and community development. The programme was originally intended to support families from pregnancy until children were four years old but the brand was extended to cover an undefined responsibility up to age fourteen, or sixteen for those with disabilities.

How much do they cost? Would they also be moved abroad?

I think sending all the chavs away would be good.

HOLA449

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

Its not so far-fetched and used to happen, albeit within the UK. So why not, now we are in Europe, investigate options in Spain. Many people on London council housing lists would be Spanish speakers anyway :rolleyes:

In the past London Councils would buy cheap land in small towns (not the new towns)in England, build an estate, then rehouse people from their waiting lists there much to the resentment of the locals (on different waiting lists). I know of examples in Haverhill, Thetford & Edenbridge in Kent (Spittals Cross estate). These places still have the social problems even after 30+ years :rolleyes:

Also many a south coast town full of cheap B&Bs and run down guest houses were used to house people from other Local Authorty lists, usually London, with shall we say challenging social & medical issues. Hastings has never really recovered :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

Why not get Tesco to open up in Spain? Ship over most of the HPC posters give them a job on the checkouts, a Tesco mortgage and a slavebox in the sun B) . Job done.

HOLA4411

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

My God! This must be a belated April Fools joke!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

Would actually be a great idea for retired (ie older) council tenants to free up housing here. Not sure it a great idea for those of working age.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well the EU was considering making an annual holiday a human right (true) so this fits quite nicely with their plans. Most benefit recipients can only afford 1 or 2 holidays a year, but as their unemployed why not make it year round?

HOLA4416

Nice idea! "Chav Relocation: Not Home, Only Away"

Send them to the Costa, pay benefits for a while, then tell them they should be claiming Spanish benefits instead and before y'know it we're shot of the liability. Genius!

The UK has a centuries long tradition of exporting our underclass to warmer climes. It suits them, and it suits us. It's just the mechanism that needs updating. No more colony ships; budget airline to the sun and accommodation in an illegal "villa".

HOLA4417

Good idea, there are all sorts of reality TV programmes to be had from this. That can only be good for our economy.

So the 'unloved and unwanted' will finally be doing something for the UK.

Nice idea! "Chav Relocation: Not Home, Only Away"

Send them to the Costa, pay benefits for a while, then tell them they should be claiming Spanish benefits instead and before y'know it we're shot of the liability. Genius!

The UK has a centuries long tradition of exporting our underclass to warmer climes. It suits them, and it suits us. It's just the mechanism that needs updating. No more colony ships; budget airline to the sun and accommodation in an illegal "villa".

Edited by MinceBalls

HOLA4418

© Laura Berlesconi 2010

Laura you're a (naughty) genius, but I think Indonesia would be a better destination. It's more difficult to get back from.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Laura you're a (naughty) genius, but I think Indonesia would be a better destination. It's more difficult to get back from.

She is cleverer than you look. If Spain goes into meltdown mode, getting back from there might be as tough as getting out of North Korea.

Getting in now, while the going is good, could prove to be a great opportunity.

HOLA4421
Guest sillybear2

J.G. Ballard wrote a short story about the UK government hiving off unwanted industrial workers to a island holiday paradise where they couldn't leave B)

HOLA4422

She's getting on a bit and can't handle her sherry - resulting in numerous daily delusions.

trouble is..she often has uncanny incite into the Elite Thinking.

next she'll be saying GM causes infertility in second generation politicians