House Price Crash Forum

Seriously, Open Plan Living Spaces

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

'Open plan' usually means that a developer has nicked an extra bedroom by using the living room or kitchen space. When it's done properly, though, it can be very impressive.

True. The amont of '2' bedroomed flats I've seen on Rightmove, where quite clearly the 'developer' has turned the kitchen into a second bedroom makes me hopping mad. mad.gif

HOLA444

.....what on earth were we thinking???

60947_WNKWAL000306_IMG_07_0002.jpg

You can just make out the 'kitchen' in the tiny corner of the room. More photos in the link. All yours for a quarter of a million £. Bargain!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27743750.html

Now this is what I call open plan...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28976474.html

Bit more than a quarter of a mill tho!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

thats got to be a fake ...no door separating the crapper from the kitchen is against regs ... Ummm ... I think you now need two doors ...now !....very funny though

Not fake I'm afraid. Seen it on here before. IIRC, its a holiday home in Canada or the USA or somewhere like that.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Not fake I'm afraid. Seen it on here before. IIRC, its a holiday home in Canada or the USA or somewhere like that.

Finland according to the url on the image. Looks like a tiny holliday cabin that most Swedish/Finnish families have.

HOLA4412

You can just make out the 'kitchen' in the tiny corner of the room. More photos in the link. All yours for a quarter of a million £. Bargain!

Can't believe all that unused space in the fireplace, there is another bedroom to be had in there, surely!

HOLA4413

Bizzarely the 'reception' rooms seem quite spacious, they could have easily made small kitchens enclosed with counters - as seen in American sitcoms, much more livable and convenient, and actually better to look at if done well.

HOLA4414

Well at least you won't burn the house down while cooking chips and going to the loo after a heavy night out.

It for obese yanks.  They can carry on eating whilst taking a dump.

HOLA4415

thats got to be a fake ...no door separating the crapper from the kitchen is against regs ... Ummm ... I think you now need two doors ...now !....very funny though

Other way round I think, it used to interpreted as two doors, now one. The two doors owed more to the theory that germs travel though the air, aka bull**it.

As to being a fake, its not even unique!

2r1zbz7.jpg

HOLA4416

It's now one door, however I would always expect there to be two doors away from the kitchen.

Some open plans really work. Something I was looking for was a kitchen diner instead of a separate dining room (of course, both would be better). Even in the smallest houses, people still congregate in the kitchen.

HOLA4417