House Price Crash Forum

Mrs Robinson

getdoon_weebobby

HOLA441

Pete is banjaxed. I don't think he'll survive the week ahead.

I don't think the Shinners will renominate for a DFM.

Back to the drawing board methinks. . . . .

I'm still very interested in what else might come out in the wash, especially the links with property developers.

Can't wait , it's been a long time coming ;)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest crashdesk

You wouldn't wish that anyone take their own life and I'm certainly not wishing that in this case, but I would like to get a few things off my chest as far as this kerfuffle is concerned. I had to laugh when the ol' God card was played, often used as an excuse for peoples' own shortcomings and as a 'none existent' (my personal 'educated' opinion ;-)) scapegoat for doing many more serious attrocities than what happened with Iris.

I'm sure there is a lot more corruption, emotionally as well as monetary, happening in NI politics and the sooner the politicians get their comeuppance the better. Lets hope that's the case as far as this is concerned.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

You wouldn't wish that anyone take their own life and I'm certainly not wishing that in this case, but I would like to get a few things off my chest as far as this kerfuffle is concerned. I had to laugh when the ol' God card was played, often used as an excuse for peoples' own shortcomings and as a 'none existent' (my personal 'educated' opinion ;-)) scapegoat for doing many more serious attrocities than what happened with Iris.

I'm sure there is a lot more corruption, emotionally as well as monetary, happening in NI politics and the sooner the politicians get their comeuppance the better. Lets hope that's the case as far as this is concerned.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg, Iris let the side down by being emotional and unwell and not covering her tracks well. She seemed to think that since she was not benefiting from the money she was not corrupt (well just a guess as how she justified it to herself) aswell as trying to benefit the church. I have a feeling this sort of thing (planning back-handers) runs pretty deep. There are alot of rich people in NI that seem to be very lucky without being very clever.

Edited by Ride_on

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

just on BBC , Pete taking 6 weeks off and nominating a stand in.

this gets weirder :o

Not that weird. Its the only thing he can do to keep his position.

Sinn Fein have the DUP by the balls. They could try and force Robinson out with the current allegations. Once they have him out they can refuse to endorse the nomination of a new First Minister until their demands are met regarding Policing and Justice, 11+ or whatever they wanted.

Without reading the news detail I would imagine whoever he nominates gets in without any hassle or needing approved due to it being a leave of absense.

He will use the 6 weeks to fight the allegations and if he cant clear his name by then then I would imagine he is finished.

HOLA4413

How on earth is Robinson able to designate a replacement First Minister? WTF is wee Marty's role as "Deputy" First Minister? Surely, he should be stepping into the role while Pete sorts out Iris.

Deputy 1

Definition: One appointed as the substitute of another, and empowered to act for him, in his name or his behalf; a substitute in office; a lieutenant; a representative; a delegate; a vicegerent; as, the deputy of a prince, of a sheriff, of a township, etc.

HOLA4414

How on earth is Robinson able to designate a replacement First Minister? WTF is wee Marty's role as "Deputy" First Minister? Surely, he should be stepping into the role while Pete sorts out Iris.

Deputy 1

Definition: One appointed as the substitute of another, and empowered to act for him, in his name or his behalf; a substitute in office; a lieutenant; a representative; a delegate; a vicegerent; as, the deputy of a prince, of a sheriff, of a township, etc.

Smells like a "dirty deal" has been done in the back ground.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Deputy 1

Although it may not seem it both Peter and Marty are First Ministers with similar powers (If not identical). Paisley treated Marty as "my deputy" to highlight his own belief of superiority. Whereas Peter and Marty have had a more equal working relationship (despite not doing much or agreeing on much).

Marty is not in the leading party so would have no right to be First Minister due to the way Assembly posts work by Party representative.

However Sinn Fein can still scupper the move if Marty were to quit and force new assembly elections which Sinn Fein would be likely to win at this stage it seems...

HOLA4417
Guest crashdesk

Sinn Fein have the DUP by the balls.

As far as I'm concerned, this goes way beyond politics. It's not new for people to stand up for morals in a community. Surely more of the general public have to open their eyes and take part in denouncing such inappropriate use of power and money. The Robinsons shouldn't be seeking forgiveness from God or the media, but from the people of Northern Ireland, the people that matter here and now.

Edited by crashdesk

HOLA4418

As far as I'm concerned, this goes way beyond politics. It's not new for people to stand up for morals in a community. Surely more of the general public have to open their eyes and take part in denouncing such inappropriate use of power and money. The Robinsons shouldn't be seeking forgiveness from God or the media, but from the people of Northern Ireland, the people that matter here and now.

I agree - there's plenty of talk on t'internet about the party politics and political manoeuvring going on to save skins and score points, but at what point does someone stand up and say enough is enough - there was wrongdoing (even the impression of conflict of interest is enough, remember), admit it and resign - some decent moral leadership and not more bloody weaselling.

HOLA4419

I agree - there's plenty of talk on t'internet about the party politics and political manoeuvring going on to save skins and score points, but at what point does someone stand up and say enough is enough - there was wrongdoing (even the impression of conflict of interest is enough, remember), admit it and resign - some decent moral leadership and not more bloody weaselling.

politicians with morals

a truely rare breed i suspect!

rock on!

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

what a nation of skivers we have become

even the rent boys swing the lead!

http://www.independe...ir-2009359.html

rock on!

"However, legal sources speculated that lawyers acting for Mrs Robinson may invoke legislation that would prevent the prosecution of anyone suffering from mental illness.

"Even if the police investigation turned up evidence, it is unlikely that the DPP would press charges given Mrs Robinson's mental illness," said the source."

Having a bit of knowledge of forensic mental health I think this is bo11ox.

There doesn't seem to be much evidence of mental health problems prior to the financial transgressions and adultery. In fact it could be argued that her actions may have been the root cause of the deterioration of her mental state and onset of mental illness.

The severity, history and treatment of her mental illness prior to all the shennanigans would be interesting.

But then they have the money to pay for good barristers who may have been consulted prior to the whole affair becoming public and a probable defence constructed to suit.

Then again I could be talking bo11ox, but I do enjoya good conspiracy theory.:P

HOLA4423

"However, legal sources speculated that lawyers acting for Mrs Robinson may invoke legislation that would prevent the prosecution of anyone suffering from mental illness.

"Even if the police investigation turned up evidence, it is unlikely that the DPP would press charges given Mrs Robinson's mental illness," said the source."

Having a bit of knowledge of forensic mental health I think this is bo11ox.

There doesn't seem to be much evidence of mental health problems prior to the financial transgressions and adultery. In fact it could be argued that her actions may have been the root cause of the deterioration of her mental state and onset of mental illness.

The severity, history and treatment of her mental illness prior to all the shennanigans would be interesting.

But then they have the money to pay for good barristers who may have been consulted prior to the whole affair becoming public and a probable defence constructed to suit.

Then again I could be talking bo11ox, but I do enjoya good conspiracy theory.:P

funny enough i heard medics discussing her mental probs

they were all of the same opinion

total bullsh1t!

but it may be a double edged sword

if she is in such mental distress as to avoid prosecution

she surely would also be unable to testify in defence of hubby

or am i talking ball*cks?

rock on!

HOLA4424

so...

Castlereagh Borough Council gave a contribution of £6300 towards kitchen equipment and waived £4000 in rent to Kirk McCambley;

i.e. £10k taxpayer money (6 actual / 4 waived)

edit - text change

there's going to be an announcement regarding this tonight by CBC apparently

Edited by p.p.

HOLA4425