House Price Crash Forum

£1,600 A Week To House Somali Asylum Seeker Family

bomberbrown

HOLA441

I find it fascinating that you don't care if it costs tuppence to house a large unemployed family, you still think it's wrong. Maybe you should ask yourself what kind of extreme ideology means you would prefer to see children suffer than hand over two pennies.

I don't want to see children suffer - that is caused by the parents bringing them into the world when they cannot afford them.

Yes, any kind of universally available state benefit is a disincentive to work.

No, it isn't. It is only a disincentive if the quality of life provided by the dole is better than quality of life provided by work

It will create labour market distortions.

Certainly

And poverty causes deep and lasting damage to individuals, families, and the surrounding community.

Agreed. However if they are bringing it upon themselves by not using freely available contraception then my sympathy is severely limited.

The answer is not to remove all benefits so we have a perfect labour market (and perfectly squalid poor people), nor is it for the government to provide all of us with everything we want so nobody need ever work again. Unfortunately the answer is always going to be a messy compromise somewhere between the two extremes.

Agreed

Maybe it would be a problem if everybody had 8 kids, but not everybody does, so what are you worried about?

Again irrelevant. It is unfair on those who do not have or cannot afford children to subsidise those who have had children they cannot afford.

Not many women would let you knock them up 8 times regardless of the economics! As I say, the cost of housing large unemployed families is so small a fraction of the council housing budget that it would be petty to cram them into unsuitable accommodation for the sake of an ideological point.

I am not cramming them into squalid housing. Their parents would be doing that by having them. Why should I pay for others' accommodation needs?

Edit: Do you think removing children from loving parents who are willing to care for them 1. humane or 2. cheap?

It is neither. But I think it is deeply inhumane to bring 8 children into the world when you cannot provide for them yourself.

I fail to see why my money should be forcibly taken from me to house children of people who are unwilling to use contraception or provide for the kids themselves. Had this couple turned up in the UK with 8 children already in tow, that would be another matter and I would have greater sympathy. My issue is the decision to bring children into the world when they cannot afford them and when they had ready access to free contraception. Indeed, my issue is the idea of assuming that you can do whatever you like with your life, whether or not you can pay for it, and other people should pick up the bill. That is grossly, grossly selfish.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

This excellent post succintly summises my feelings on the matter.

+1

Indeed, it makes a welcome change for a thread to be rescued from more banal political point scoring which they usually desend too, despite the efforts of a certain sociopathic poster.

HOLA443

Mush, seriously, I can't be arsed to go into details . . . but suffice to say . . . do every kunt a favour and hang yourself.

You the man Diddly/Noodle

Seriously, reading some of Coolfonz's posts, I'm convinced he's got some kind of personality disorder. No, really, I'm not throwing mud, he's got a problem.

Back on topic - let's realise that this is totally unsustainable, it's akin to getting mad at public sector.

I don't like my money being wasted, and heaven's knows I ain't got much to waste at the moment, but the wheels are gonna come of big time - this can't go on we know it and the powers that be know it. Maybe this kind of reporting is softening us up for a Thatcherite slash and burn policy to cut this kind of spending out.

As far as housing legislation, I don't want to see kids living in squalid Dickensian conditions but why does everyone need their own room. Good friend of mine - Irish Catholic parents - I guess the asylum seekers of the 60's & 70's (no blacks - no Irish). Eight kids in a three bedroom terrace, mum and dad had a bedroom, girls had a bedroom, boys had a bedroom. The most well brought up, balanced, hardworking decent people you could ever wish to meet.

HOLA444

we are not worthy.

Oh wise one.

Bloo . . . for fvckin' years I came hone (sometimes) after a 250 mile drive and a 90 week to take abuse in my old stret from welfare junkies that bizrrely took home more money than I did, lived in houses I could'nt afford, paid for by me, and the likes of me . . . these 'waste of clothes' would hurl abuse at me . . . I was only coming back to do the shopping for our Gran.

Fvck the UK, the ultimate in social injustice. I'll not ever be back. May it reap what it sows. Welfare state? Sh1t, that only makes people poorer.

Before 'Coolfonz' kicks off, I take care of people elsewhere, off my own back, voluntarily.

HOLA445

You the man Diddly/Noodle

Seriously, reading some of Coolfonz's posts, I'm convinced he's got some kind of personality disorder. No, really, I'm not throwing mud, he's got a problem.

I wouldn't bet on it, you may be making assumptions based on your own degree of self-worth and what it means to be part of a country / social order that is generally benevolent but responsible.

Quite often in real life give parasites a bone and they will take the bits they want and throw it back to you with contempt.

HOLA446

I drive past the now redundant RAF Newton in Nottingham occasionally.

Shame the place is run down. With a bit of strimming and a lick of paint you could quite easily refurbish the place and house families

on a short term basis before sending them back. When I say short term, I managed to live in one of these quarters quite happily for three years.

It's perfect for providing all of the educational requirements in the old instructional sheds and just enough barbed wire to keep the sun readers happy.

fkhxgejxy0hdnytodyzt.jpg

HOLA447

I wouldn't bet on it, you may be making assumptions based on your own degree of self-worth and what it means to be part of a country / social order that is generally benevolent but responsible.

Quite often in real life give parasites a bone and they will take the bits they want and throw it back to you with contempt.

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

My gripe with Coolfonz is that when something is questioned that seems not to fit with his world view he starts slagging people off. If that's what his MO is he's gonna get it back in spades on this site.

I hope every man, woman and child in this country/world has a warm room to sleep in and enough food in their belly every night, but there isn't enough to go round if you feed certain individuals caviar and put them up in the Ritz

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

What's amazing about this story is that somebody, in some HA or council, as part of their job, decided that this family should be housed in such a way, and at such an expense.

Who on earth could justify this to the public, or to their boss?

shavedchimp

They wouldn't have decided, they would just have followed the rules of the new Local Housing Allowance.

HOLA4411

Shame the place is run down. With a bit of strimming and a lick of paint you could quite easily refurbish the place and house families

on a short term basis before sending them back. When I say short term, I managed to live in one of these quarters quite happily for three years.

It's perfect for providing all of the educational requirements in the old instructional sheds and just enough barbed wire to keep the sun readers happy.

fkhxgejxy0hdnytodyzt.jpg

Ignoring the barbed-wire jibe that is actually perfect for social housing. It will have community facilities and be cheap to operate and maintain because it is all in one area. Really that should be snapped up straight away.

HOLA4412

fkhxgejxy0hdnytodyzt.jpg

Why the feck is good housing stock being delibratley kept in a mothballed state? The same reason Prezza bulldozed 1000s of properties up north is one guess.

HOLA4413
Guest UK Debt Slave

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2751333/Former-asylum-seeker-lives-in-luxurious-home-paid-for-by-housing-benefit.html

Yes, thats a week, not a month!

I've no beef with this particular family, it's the system I put the blame firmly on. If there's a lack of suitable properties in the captial, then they should be moved to another town where there is suitable accomodation. If this is even in Glasgow, so be it. It's not like either of them have got jobs anyway?

This country is a bloody laughing stock. FFS! ph34r.gif

It's all deliberate

This governnet is totally anti-society, anti humanity, anti-fairness, anti -honesty and decency and anti-British

This kind of thing is allowed to happen because it just undermines the values that they so hate

They are the most spiteful, vindictive government we have ever had in this country.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Am I the only one who thinks it's an extremely bad idea to put people in camps, well meaning or not? They don't exactly have a great historical record!

What, like those expensive gated communities that litter the whole country? aka residential housing developments.

As for the Nottingham example above, I think the current purpose of the wire fence is too keep people out, not in ;)

HOLA4416

It's all deliberate

This governnet is totally anti-society, anti humanity, anti-fairness, anti -honesty and decency and anti-British

This kind of thing is allowed to happen because it just undermines the values that they so hate

They are the most spiteful, vindictive government we have ever had in this country.

Yep.

HOLA4417

It's all deliberate

This governnet is totally anti-society, anti humanity, anti-fairness, anti -honesty and decency and anti-English

Corrected. ;)

HOLA4418

We need immigrants like this to make our culture "vibrant" and diverse. If it costs £1600 of taxpayer money a week then so be it. After all, aren't we all immigrants from Africa?

If we didn't have people like this family to enrich our culture we'd still be morris dancing.

I'm glad the consensus on this is so overwhelming that all 3 main parties support it. B)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

What, like those expensive gated communities that litter the whole country? aka residential housing developments.

As for the Nottingham example above, I think the current purpose of the wire fence is too keep people out, not in ;)

People are free to leave gated communities. Would they be free to leave Camp Immigrant? It amazes me sometimes that the same people who complain about speed cameras and ID cards are happy to support forced separation of families and internment behind barbed wire. As long as it's not you and yours, eh?

HOLA4421

While the French house the asylum seekers in tents we provide them with luxury apartments. Does it come with a 9 seater Rolls Royce too ? And a personal trainer ?

Who decided that they had to housed in Central london ?

I know this is a tabloid style story but there cannot be smoke without fire.

This kind of thing makes me quite angry at the Labour Govt. :angry: :angry:

HOLA4422

83,000 a year.

Never worked.

Never intend to.

Here's a quick thought - that's just the rent and ignores all other benefits, probably closer to £120,000 all in.

Or to put it another way, that's 10 years income tax from the avearage full time worker. Since 2005 (if they've been claiming at the same rate) they will have picked up about as much as I will pay in tax/NIC in my lifetime

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Please tell me the future of Britain isn't Australian-style immigration internment camps run by private contractors. You know, the ones where the inmates were sewing their lips shut in protest at the terrible conditions? Do you really want that in your name? Do you think that policy saved much money? If your ideology is telling you the solution to a given problem is to put women and children behind barbed wire, then you need to think hard about your ideology.

HOLA4425

Please tell me the future of Britain isn't Australian-style immigration internment camps run by private contractors. You know, the ones where the inmates were sewing their lips shut in protest at the terrible conditions? Do you really want that in your name? Do you think that policy saved much money? If your ideology is telling you the solution to a given problem is to put women and children behind barbed wire, then you need to think hard about your ideology.

Is anyone forcing asylum seekers to come here? They should claim asylum in the nearest safe country they can get to. They purposefully come to Britain because they know they can milk the system once here. How many countries are there inbetween Somalia and the UK?

Also, if they keep quiet about their country of origin it is impossible to deport them. They know the scam.

Archived