House Price Crash Forum

Dow Blasts Through 10000

HOLA441

Confused

I was adding more and buying physical silver from the Guernsey Mint before Xmas around the 9 USD mark...And have held gold for while. The only short of note has been this one...3Rd July, short GBPJPY, check the time and date...

I actually went short before the 3rd July and have taken a further 3 shorts, leveraged at about 6:1. Those have done rather well

And silver well its doubled, although I think we could move down in the coming weeks, but lets see how price reacts at these levels.

So in terms of silver since Xmas and gold since a couple of years, this rally in the FTSE has been rather deflationary in terms of what I have bought....

You see it is not enough just to give a number like DOW 10,000, FTSE 5000. The number means nothing unless you are measuring against something else...In sterling its been inflation, in silver deflation...

CLARITY.com ;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

How much money has the Fed been printing.

Also don't forget the boomers are about to start retiring they need the stock market back up, Greenspan has said the US needed to borrow at least £1tr before the financial collapse.

Only hindsight can show who's right.

I thought the markets would have freaked out over the Fed, BoE etc.... all printing free money. Looks like the markets love free money created in stable modern economies.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

FP got it right though didnt he?

Does it hurt?

It would've hurt my bank balance if I had listented to him. Last prediction i saw him make (around the time of the spitting incident) was FTSE to go to 5000. It promptly went to 3500. Fortunately I have always ignored people that make predictions. This was a mistake. What I should've done was add FP into the HPC contrarian indicator trading strategy.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Can I remind everyone what our old friend Financial Planner said . . . DOW to go to 15,000 (within this sort of time frame).

I was thinking that also.

I suspect that Dr Bubb will be 'more' right tho - wild swings up and deep crashes until it blows over.

HOLA449

I was thinking that also.

I suspect that Dr Bubb will be 'more' right tho - wild swings up and deep crashes until it blows over.

Are there two Doctor Bubbs, because the only one I saw said it was time to short the FTSE when it was low 4000s, and called the "dead cat bounce" that wasn't in the housing market? Another contrarian indicator.

HOLA4410

Are there two Doctor Bubbs, because the only one I saw said it was time to short the FTSE when it was low 4000s, and called the "dead cat bounce" that wasn't in the housing market? Another contrarian indicator.

There must be two Dr Bubbs, because the one I know uses the BDEV index to call turns in the housing market, of which he has not yet called the end of the DCB yet. He also called the bull trap months ahead of it happening if I remember correctly. I tend to read his posts and understand what he's saying.

You got any predictions for us? or do you seltle for incorrectly taking the mick out of others.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

There must be two Dr Bubbs, because the one I know uses the BDEV index to call turns in the housing market, of which he has not yet called the end of the DCB yet. He also called the bull trap months ahead of it happening if I remember correctly. I tend to read his posts and understand what he's saying.

You got any predictions for us? or do you seltle for incorrectly taking the mick out of others.

"He also called the bull trap months ahead of it happening if I remember correctly"

You remember incorrectly. Do some research

"of which he has not yet called the end of the DCB yet."

I recall numerous topic where this wasn't the case"

"You got any predictions for us? "

That people that claim to be able to predict the market can't

"or do you seltle for incorrectly taking the mick out of others."

That claim to be able to predict the market but can't? hell yes.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest BoomBoomCrash

Confused

We had not assumed our elected representatives were quite so venal and would gladly shovel trillions of dollars into the banking system. Without that the DOW would now be well on its way to oblivion.

HOLA4415
Guest P-Diddly

We had not assumed our elected representatives were quite so venal and would gladly shovel trillions of dollars into the banking system. Without that the DOW would now be well on its way to oblivion.

Yes.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

"He also called the bull trap months ahead of it happening if I remember correctly"

You remember incorrectly. Do some research

"of which he has not yet called the end of the DCB yet."

I recall numerous topic where this wasn't the case"

"You got any predictions for us? "

That people that claim to be able to predict the market can't

Sorry I distinctly remember the thread and he called it correctly - been about long time see (nudge nudge wink wink). Also remember the threads where he 'warned' that the DCB may be about to finish IF certain indicators turn and sustained their turn - which they did not.

Is it too much to expect for some to be able to read and comprehend or is it selective memory syndrom? - still quite a few of you about these days so you got company.

HOLA4418

This is basically the only way in which Cgnao (and others) have been 'wrong'. They underestimated the lengths our leaders would go to to prop up the financial system. To be fair, nobody could have predicted such madness. Brown, Bernanke et al are basically complete loons.

HOLA4419
Guest P-Diddly

This is basically the only way in which Cgnao (and others) have been 'wrong'. They underestimated the lengths our leaders would go to to prop up the financial system. To be fair, nobody could have predicted such madness. Brown, Bernanke et al are basically complete loons.

Yes.

HOLA4420

DOW 10,000!!!! Oh Wait, Make That 7,537

Another great representation of the amazing loss of purchasing power by the US public are today's oblivious statements about the Dow at 10,000. While in absolute terms the Dow may cross whatever the Fed thinks is a necessary and sufficient mark before QE begins to taper off (Dow crosses 10k just as Treasury purchases expire), the truth is that over the past 10 years (the last time the DJIA was at 10,000) the dollar has lost 25% of its value. Therefore, we present the Dow over the last decade indexed for the DXY, which has dropped from 100 to about 75. On a real basis (not nominal) the Dow at 10,000 ten years ago is equivalent to 7,537 today! In other words, not only have we had a lost decade for all those who focus on the absolute flatness of the DJIA, but it is also a decade where the US Consumer has lost 25% of purchasing power from the perspective of stocks!

HOLA4421

On my God mate...seriously get a life. Have you not got a family or any friends to hang out with. Right for two years you have been set in your mind that markets can't be predicted. No one is asking you to predict anything which is your right. I dont post that often on here these days...but everytime I do lurk on to the main board you are there going over the same thing again and again ad infinitum. It is like it has become an obsession. I remember listening to something on the Radio recently where it can become an addiction. I bet its one of the first things you need to do when you get up in the morning..."Must check HPC" to see who said anything that might be construed as a prediction.

My advice to you would be to take up a hobby, golf, football, snooker, get out get some fresh air, spend time with the family. You are probably in your forties now at a guess...I have seen many 40 plus year olds get crazy obsessions with things.

You seem to spend your whole life for the last 2 years as far as I can see posting 1 or 2 lines posts multiple times a day and for what? Let people make predictions if they want...no one is asking you do. Your life energy must be a smidgen of what it could be, spending all day being antagonistic, petty and negative to all around.

Edited by VedantaTrader

HOLA4422

It would be quite interesting to see what would have happened without the free funny money in the global system.

Anyone know how much as a % of global GDP has printed by our central banks to prop up the entire global system?

HOLA4423

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/dollar_loses_reserve_status_to_yen_hFyfwvpBW1YYLykSJwTTEL

They grumble that they've loaned the US record amounts to cover its mounting debt, but are getting paid back by a currency that's worth 10 percent less in the past three months alone. In a decade, it's down nearly one-third.

Has the Dow gone up by over 10% in the last 3 months?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425