tomandlu

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

At least it went down! :lol:

Imagine the telephone call.

Seller "Hello, is that the estate agents?"

Estate agent "Yes, fleece 'em & scarper. Sally speaking."

Seller "It's Mr Barkingmad, from Tooting? I have that lovely new to the market another great three double bedroom flat for sale"

EA "Ah yes. How's it going?"

Seller "Not very well. I haven't had one viewing. I think the price might be putting people off."

EA "Oh i see, let me have a look ........ yes, £214,950 does seem quite reasonable."

Seller "I want to drop it by £50,000. It's a dead weight and it's costing me a fortune."

EA "What? You do know house prices are rising, don't you?."

Seller "Eh? But I haven't had one viewing."

EA "Here's what I can do for you, I will add the price rise to your property, then take away the £50,000...... all done, the new price is £214,949"

Seller "Thanks!"

EA "No problemo, and have a nice day!"

HOLA444
HOLA445
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-23032570.html

History

date event

21 August 2009

* Price changed: from '£214,950' to '£214,949'

07 August 2009

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

No, they have got it all wrong, if a property will not sell simply install some laminate flooring and stick 10K on the asking price - then it will sell no problems. Seriously, some of these amatures need to get with the program.

HOLA446
Proof at least one EA doesn't know about property bee yet.

:)

If you think that is cheeky, look at this one: 10% INCREASE! It gets better... in March! when we had clear price decreases. Obviously one of those "let's increase by 10%, as we have to decrease anyway".

History

date event

19 March 2009 19:51:38

* Price changed: from '£499,950' to '£550,000' [Found by n/a]

15 March 2009 20:01:35

* Price found: £499,950 [Found by n/a]

* Status found: Available [Found by n/a]

linky

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

It`s simply a responsible Estate Agent (aren`t they all?) who has been analysing the inflation rates and is adjusting the price for inflation - since there`s a small bit of annual inflation out there, he has worked out that the new price is actually slightly cheaper.

Hurrah, prices are going down. :P

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
His nom de guerre was indeed Wolfie. GF's mother called him Foxy! Bloody hilarious.

Ah, yes, that's right. My excuse is that I was rarely sober in the 70s. Which is why when people moan about how we're going back to the 70s and how ghastly that will be, I can't see their point. Although I may, of course, if I have to relive the decade sober.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
His nom de guerre was indeed Wolfie. GF's mother called him Foxy! Bloody hilarious.

Sample dialogue - entirely from memory:

GF's Mother: '...ahh, it reminds me of the war, do you remember the night we were on the common together, watching the Blitz? The night Singapore fell?'

GF's Father: 'Yeh, I remeber it, seeing I was in Singapore...'

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

The ad for that says "incredible yield" - would the yield be about 5%? Desperate EA speak rides again. Looks ex-LA too, so presumably all yield gets wiped out when council whacks private owners with a 10k bill for changing all windows in the building or some other nightmarishly expensive bit of maintenance.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425