House Price Crash Forum

Tour De France Coverage

R K

HOLA441

I can barely cycle to the end of my road without having a lie down, but the coverage on ITV4 is really fantastic.

Immense scenery and great commentary and coverage.

I can never work out who is winning but it's fantastic TV imho.

Watching the climb up to Verbier today - looks superb!

Anyone else?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Yes, here too.

First got sucked in with C4's coverage in the 80's because I loved seeing the scenery - a way of reliving the Hols - this lead on to an interest in 'Le Tour' itself.

SKY are putting a lot of money into a Tour team for next year, when you consider what SKY did for premiership football then cycling could also go mega in this country too.

If they get broadcast rights I hope they take on Ligget, Imlach and Sherwen.

HOLA446
I can barely cycle to the end of my road without having a lie down, but the coverage on ITV4 is really fantastic.

Immense scenery and great commentary and coverage.

I can never work out who is winning but it's fantastic TV imho.

Watching the climb up to Verbier today - looks superb!

Anyone else?

Yes its very good.

HOLA447
Guest DisposableHeroes
Yes, here too.

First got sucked in with C4's coverage in the 80's because I loved seeing the scenery - a way of reliving the Hols - this lead on to an interest in 'Le Tour' itself.

SKY are putting a lot of money into a Tour team for next year, when you consider what SKY did for premiership football then cycling could also go mega in this country too.

If they get broadcast rights I hope they take on Ligget, Imlach and Sherwen.

Yes very good. I hope that doesn't happen too. CH4's coverage has always been excellent.

Great to see no mention of drug use this years.

I would love to see more people take a good look at other worth while sports and give football a rest until it returns to reality.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest DisposableHeroes
To watch it properly you should really have some nice cheese, good bread and a bottle of vin rouge (nothing posh) to hand.

I would like to see the pro's do that on one the stages. I've got a feeling Cav and Wiggy would hold their wine better.

HOLA4412

I wouldn't worry about SKY taking over cycling - there will still be decent Eurosport coverage, and I don't believe it would impact even itv4's coverage. But it should lead to extra coverage of races and more exposure to cycling in general. Someone must feel that the time is right (cycling is undergoing a recovery in the UK) as they are putting a lot of money in the cycling all over the place at the moment. The new pro-team, The SKY +HD British Cycling Trade team (Chris Hoy, Victoria Pendleton etc), plus the sponsorship of the skyrides , - Closed road/traffic free rides in Glasgow, Manchester, Leicester and London over the next few months.

HOLA4413

Looking forward to what Wiggins can do around Lake Annecy on Thursday (?) and the Alps stages in the week.

Some spectacular scenery at the end in Verbier. Well done ITV (Edit from Ch4)!

HOLA4414

i've been flicking between Eurosport and ITV4 so far, can't quite decide which coverage is better...ITV4 has longer ad-breaks but always showing the action, Eurosport has all the old cyclists commenting, good history re: the Tour but they can't half drone on!

Shame Armstrong can't quite keep up with Contador, would like to see him win it just to annoy the French...but Wiggins looking like he's still in with a shot...

HOLA4415

I have been watching it on the free, German, Eurosport channel on the Astra 1B-1C satellite @ 19.2deg E. First of all I used an old 40cm sky dish with a universal lnb. As we have had some thick clouds around, the picture would stall and I was getting blocks of pixels, the sound was a bit crackly too. So, out with my ladder, and I changed the dish to a 60cm version and am now getting a great picture whatever the weather is here.

The action was a bit late in starting yesterday. A reason for my wife and I watching is to try and spot the many different places we have been to in France, bringing back many happy memories and also of course to cheer on the Brits.

HOLA4416
I have been watching it on the free, German, Eurosport channel on the Astra 1B-1C satellite @ 19.2deg E. First of all I used an old 40cm sky dish with a universal lnb. As we have had some thick clouds around, the picture would stall and I was getting blocks of pixels, the sound was a bit crackly too. So, out with my ladder, and I changed the dish to a 60cm version and am now getting a great picture whatever the weather is here.

The action was a bit late in starting yesterday. A reason for my wife and I watching is to try and spot the many different places we have been to in France, bringing back many happy memories and also of course to cheer on the Brits.

Yep. Anyone worried about SKY stealing it should get themselves a dish and point it to the French satellite channels that are free to view. Le Tour is one of the "crown jewels" in France and is always free on the public channel France 2 and France 3. The coverage is top class. Program starts about 12PM and lasts until 7PM. it's in French, but as the race doesn't need subtitles....... ;)

HOLA4417

Not a cyclist myself, but became an avid follower of Le Tour in the 90s when Indurain was at his peak. Still remember the "Big Mig" getting 'broken' and cracking on a mountain stage when he lost his title.

Definitely the most difficult sporting event in the world.

As for France, what is it about the French countryside that makes it so magnificent and loved? I only went there for the first time last year (only to Paris) and this year ventured a bit further to Fouras, which was stunning.

Was thinking about going to Italy (Tuscany) but just read this Wiggins tweet: "Just driving through the vinyards of Chablis, Stunning! makes Tuscany look like Croyden"... :blink:

HOLA4418
Yep. Anyone worried about SKY stealing it should get themselves a dish and point it to the French satellite channels that are free to view. Le Tour is one of the "crown jewels" in France and is always free on the public channel France 2 and France 3. The coverage is top class. Program starts about 12PM and lasts until 7PM. it's in French, but as the race doesn't need subtitles....... ;)

Yeah, I watched it live on French TV too. Great, except i couldnt really follow the commentary (my French is OK, but not up to TV sports commentator standard ;) ) Anyhow, had the suppossedly live text BBC website commentary on to counter this, but that was running with a delay of up to 5 minutes.

Marvellous stage: Next few days promise to be very spicey. Except they dont do spices in France ;)

HOLA4419
Guest theboltonfury
Please god, don't let SKY pinch this sport too!! :(

It always makes me piss myself when you hear primadonna football managers complaining about how their pampered pansies sometime have to play up to 2 (yes 2) games a week, yet these guys climb up a ******ing ALP for circa 4 hours for about 20 days in a row. Then they go off and do another tour and repeat the process - and all this seemingly without drugs this year (fingers crossed)

HOLA4420
It always makes me piss myself when you hear primadonna football managers complaining about how their pampered pansies sometime have to play up to 2 (yes 2) games a week, yet these guys climb up a ******ing ALP for circa 4 hours for about 20 days in a row. Then they go off and do another tour and repeat the process - and all this seemingly without drugs this year (fingers crossed)

Nonsense, footballers earn their money don't they?

One of these gets £200K/ week the other gets £2K.

HOLA4421
Guest theboltonfury
Nonsense, footballers earn their money don't they?

One of these gets £200K/ week the other gets £2K.

That's staggering. The cyclist looks anorexic and near death. The footballer just looks like a girl.

HOLA4422

Can't get the ITV player to work at the moment and the only (terrestrial) TV coverage is the stage highlight at 7pm.

In the meantime I've found this net feed if anyone's interested. It's typical Justin.tv - i.e. bit shaky from time to time but does the job.

http://www.justin.tv/dtv222

HOLA4423
Yeah, I watched it live on French TV too. Great, except i couldnt really follow the commentary (my French is OK, but not up to TV sports commentator standard ;) ) Anyhow, had the suppossedly live text BBC website commentary on to counter this, but that was running with a delay of up to 5 minutes.

Marvellous stage: Next few days promise to be very spicey. Except they dont do spices in France ;)

And at lunchtime, the weather girl on France 2 is excellent value ;)

Think she's called Tania Young ?

edited <found a site with the said presentatrice>

http://thorncaps.over-blog.com/categorie-10432414.html

HOLA4424
And at lunchtime, the weather girl on France 2 is excellent value ;)

Think she's called Tania Young ?

edited <found a site with the said presentatrice>

http://thorncaps.over-blog.com/categorie-10432414.html

Nice.

But surely she really belongs on the weather-hottie thread?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...40&start=40

I love the way the French commentators say 'Bradlely Wiggins'

HOLA4425

Lance just got dropped for about 5 minutes, and for about 30 seconds or so Bradley Wegeeens was in 2nd place on the road. I think someone else must have worked this out and told Lance, as he then caught up.... but it was exciting for me for those 30 seconds and whilst the gap built....

Archived