House Price Crash Forum

Why Vi Ramping And Biased Media Hype Is Good For Hpc

HOLA441

Many have been outraged by the latest media hype (BBC etc.) giving the impression that PRICES are rising. (What the articles say is another thing - more about INTEREST than anything else). I included myself in that number until I sat and thought about it a little further.

I firmly believe that this ramping and hype will enable the HPC to resume its downward trajectory. Sellers will be tempted to put their properties on the market (at inflated prices), MORE buyers will be unable to stump up the required deposit, MORE valuers will down-value, and this will speed up the realisation that house prices HAVE to fall.

Edited by DownsizingDiva

HOLA442
Many have been outraged by the latest media hype (BBC etc.) giving the impression that PRICES are rising. (What the articles say is another thing - more about INTEREST than anything else). I included myself in that number until I sat and thought about it a little further.

I firmly believe that this ramping and hype will enable the HPC to resume its downward trajectory. Sellers will be tempted to put their properties on the market (at inflated prices), MORE buyers will be unable to stump up the required deposit, MORE valuers will down-value, and this will speed up the realisation that house prices HAVE to fall.

+1

HOLA443
Blimey your hoping aren't you?

I've heard it all now. What next? HPC because the moons made of green cheese?

Forget it. HPC never happened and your dreams over.

Save a deposit like we did.

Actually, Mr Sibley, I not only have a deposit, but enough to buy a WHOLE HOUSE if I choose to. I choose not to for now. Thanks.

Edited by DownsizingDiva

HOLA444

Thats right Sibbers - keep believing that nobody here has a deposit!! :lol::lol:

We are all priced out and have not got a hope of ever being as rich as you!! :lol::lol:

Edit: sorry.. I meant

"as considerably rich as yau"

Edited by sbn

HOLA445

The mentality of the bears.......

Prices rising = bulltrap

Prices stable = pause before another leg down

Approvals rising = great for HPC

Lending up = great for HPC

Interest rates low = great for HPC

Interest rates high = great for HPC

Decreasing mortgage product availability = great for HPC

Increasing mortgage availabilty = great for HPC

VI Ramping = great for HPC

No VI Ramping = great for HPC

Gordon Brown policies = great for HPC

David Cameron policies = great for HPC

It doesn't matter what the news, what the discussion, or what the topic...... Someone on this site will find a way to turn it into somehow being good for HPC, and others will follow.

You could write an entire psychology thesis just from reading this site for a week. Every single dysfunction imaginable would be represented.

Absolutely priceless.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
The mentality of the bears.......

Prices rising = bulltrap

Prices stable = pause before another leg down

Approvals rising = great for HPC

Lending up = great for HPC

Interest rates low = great for HPC

Interest rates high = great for HPC

Decreasing mortgage product availability = great for HPC

Increasing mortgage availabilty = great for HPC

VI Ramping = great for HPC

No VI Ramping = great for HPC

Gordon Brown policies = great for HPC

David Cameron policies = great for HPC

It doesn't matter what the news, what the discussion, or what the topic...... Someone on this site will find a way to turn it into somehow being good for HPC, and others will follow.

You could write an entire psychology thesis just from reading this site for a week. Every single dysfunction imaginable would be represented.

Absolutely priceless.

Erm.... find and replace Bears with Bulls, HPC with HPI. Same is true.

Your point?

HOLA449

Don't need to save, made a packet out of the last housing boom and STR'd, thankfully muppets like you and Hamish who believe in ever increasing house prices have paid for the deposit on my next house :lol:

HOLA4410

:lol:

Absolutely priceless.

+1

There you go Brucie, 3 of us within minutes ~ quick get the :rolleyes: posted.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4411
OK Hamish, so now you've had your little rant, would you like to present a coherent, logical argument against my post? (I expect that'll be a no then...)

I think you'd better explain to him the meaning of the words coherent and logical first!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I know sible, renie and mash, or whatever, will pick at this statement. But, I was thinking something similar in that the rampers may become the boy who cried wolf. Let’s say prices go down for a couple of months more. It may, be very counter product for the rampers, especially as the general public are very switched on with s**t coming from VI's in suits at the minute, what with the MP’s expenses etc.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I guess you need a little liquidity.. until the neighbour's house sells for £300k, you might be able to cling to the belief that your own is still worth £400k.

Expectation management if you will.

HOLA4417

Wow, 3 trolls on the 1st page of your thread! Do you win a tenner for that, Diva?!?

I actually think that you're wrong, though.

The harsh reality is that the housing bubble's burst, the banks are bankrupt, unemployment is shooting up and the financial situation of the UK as a country is absolutely dire. No amount of over-optimistic stories in the property pages is going to change any of that. In a normal market, I can imagine property ramping having a significant effect on people's behaviour (After all, I've been in the UK all through the years of the housing boom and I saw it going on) but we're not in a remotely normal market any more. At the point we've reached in this bloody awful mess, VI ramping is froth, nothing more!

HOLA4418