House Price Crash Forum

Emailed About A Block Near Me

HOLA441

http://www.berkeleyhomes.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1596prop

This is a development in Forest Hill, a semi pleasant area of South London. This block is right next to the train station that is 15 minutes to London Bridge. The flat commands breathtaking views of the south circular.

Just had an email from them. Their new price list.

1 bed flat, 621 sqf, £230,000

2 bed, 2 bath, 791 sqf, £345,000

If you want a car park its an extra £20,000.

As the bloke in my office said, "if those 1 bed flats are worth quarter of a million my 4 bed house with large garden just up the hill on a quiet side road must be worth a bloody fortune"

Here we are, 1 year into a HPC, the economy is tanking joblessness is soaring and yet we have the developers expecting us to believe that someone on £20k a year who you might expect to live here should pay quarter of a million pounds for a slave box and a parking space.

Oh and a third of the complex has been ring marked for social housing.

What's more is this information has been posted on the local area forum and everyone is saying that they seem very reasonable.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, its pretty deep round here, I expect to see the entire Egyptian army sail overhead any time soon.

Edited by KingBingo

HOLA442
http://www.berkeleyhomes.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=1596prop

This is a development in Forest Hill, a semi pleasant area of South London. This block is right next to the train station that is 15 minutes to London Bridge. The flat commands breathtaking views of the south circular.

Just had an email from them. Their new price list.

1 bed flat, 621 sqf, £230,000

2 bed, 2 bath, 791 sqf, £345,000

If you want a car park its an extra £20,000.

As the bloke in my office said, "if those 1 bed flats are worth quarter of a million my 4 bed house with large garden just up the hill on a quiet side road must be worth a bloody fortune"

Here we are, 1 year into a HPC, the economy is tanking joblessness is soaring and yet we have the developers expecting us to believe that someone on £20k a year who you might expect to live here should pay quarter of a million pounds for a slave box and a parking space.

Oh and a third of the complex has been ring marked for social housing.

What's more is this information has been posted on the local area forum and everyone is saying that they seem very reasonable.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, its pretty deep round here, I expect to see the entire Egyptian army sail overhead any time soon.

C'mon, snap one of them up...they won't be there for long.... you know it makes sense!! :lol:

HOLA443

They're only pricing them 20% higher, so that people will think they are good at bargaining when they get the 20% knocked off...

trouble is, it would probably work if anyone could get a mortgage.... :blink:

HOLA444
They're only pricing them 20% higher, so that people will think they are good at bargaining when they get the 20% knocked off...

trouble is, it would probably work if anyone could get a mortgage.... :blink:

20% off?

I might buy one at half price. With a free car parking space. But I won't because of the social housing.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Everyone of those floorplans indicates that you have the joy of hearing the washing machine ripping at full speed as you stretch your ears to catch what's going on in Eastenders on the television since both applicances are in the same room!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4415
Oh bless, it's all lovely in the photos.

Just a couple of cars in the car park, none on the road, greenery, and barely a rapist to be seen.

I like the picture of the couple getting pissed and contemplating suicide.

"I told you we should have bought on the top floor!" she nags.

HOLA4416
Everyone of those floorplans indicates that you have the joy of hearing the washing machine ripping at full speed as you stretch your ears to catch what's going on in Eastenders on the television since both applicances are in the same room!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably better to apply for the social housing as you might get a seperate kitchen as the building standards are higher. Then you could smugly lower the tone of the neighbourhood.

Edited by rover2000

HOLA4417

While listening to your neighbours playing the same game on both sides. Oh joy!

HOLA4418

It's an experience that cannot be full appreciated until you've lived in such a setup. I have, for a short while. I wouldn't recommend it.

HOLA4419
Probably better to apply for the social housing as you might get a seperate kitchen as the building standards are higher. Then you could smugly lower the tone of the neighbourhood.

I think that a seperate kitchen might be a legal must for social housing. Think of kids in the living room and boiling pans in the kitchen. With these hybrids, there's no door to seperate the two.

HOLA4420

Any development with social housing as part of it is a future blight.

What a silly bit of social engineering. I work so I have to pay, but somebody who doesn't work get's one for free :lol: yeah that's Gordon's Britain for you ;)

HOLA4421
I think that a seperate kitchen might be a legal must for social housing. Think of kids in the living room and boiling pans in the kitchen. With these hybrids, there's no door to seperate the two.

I think it would come under fire regs.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
I think it would come under fire regs.

True. My kitchen door together with my front door (of my SH flat), is a fire proof door. Given that some of this block in Forest Hill would have been earmarked for social housing, it would be interesting to see the floorplans of those particular flats.

HOLA4424

I thought Londoners lapped this sort of thing up - overpriced crap in the middle no-where!

I lived their briefly and was amazed at how people would happily work dawn to dusk indefinately to live in some hole that anywhere else in the country would be bargain basement - you never actually see these tw@ts in central London enjoying themselves because they are still at work / on the tube in their sweaty socks or just plain brassic!

Meanwhile the West End shows tend to be full of Brummies who can get their quicker (90 minutes!) and have loads left because it's cheaper there...

HOLA4425
It's an experience that cannot be full appreciated until you've lived in such a setup. I have, for a short while. I wouldn't recommend it.

LOL

something similar happened to me back in 1994. I was renting a bedsit and one night the guy next door was playing house music really loud - i knew him and got on well with the Guy and was pretty stoned and didnt mind loud garage and house at midnight eminating through the walls. However, the old drunk in the bedsit on the otherside didnt.

As i begain to fall asleep before another hard days work at Oracle - Bracknell at the time, my front door was promptly kicked off it's hinges by the old guy next door whom thought i was playing the loud music!!!

I chased him down the corridor and soon the police came whom felt the back of my stereo and agreed that i had not been playing loud music.