House Price Crash Forum

Odious Man On Telly

HOLA441

Andrew Marr should have turfed the odious man off for refusing to answer anything and only wanting to talk about the trite rubbish he wanted.

In order to bring about sanity they ened to set new media rules. The journos ask the questions and the polticians answer them. No more pre-arranegd question rubbish. We need our media to be able to discuss important issues.

HOLA442

Him and Broon belong together. Horrible things. I don't think calling them people is appropraite. They are things. Nothing more.

Sits there and goes on about the media and the press. Then after 15 minutes tells Marr that he is not going to sit and have a go at the media. :blink:

The guy just sits and lies, bare faced, on camera. Marr should just lamp him.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I can't listen to any more Labour propoganda and have turned the sound off till Mandy is off. Surely he should be propoganda or communications minister, at least be honest about his purpose in government. I hope everyone watching is able to see through it.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Having interviewed himself for half an hour, Mandy then tells the world Brown's cabinet "is united against him" ...best polititian the Conservatives ever had.

Mandy didn't even notice his slip, Marr had to pull him up on it.

HOLA4412
Mandy didn't even notice his slip, Marr had to pull him up on it.

Was interesting. Even when Marr pulled him up the slime didn't say anything ? Just gave out a wee horrible smile.

Perhaps it was not a slip afterall..... ;)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Mandy doesnt make slips. he appears to, but they are not.

he is famous for doing deals and not quite renaging on them....he will say to a prospect: do me a favour and you should get that job.

the job is nor forthcoming, and the "should" is explained to the loser. He should have got the job, but just, well, didnt.

So Mandy didnt (in his mind) lie or mislead, but the intention is clear.

He is a true, complete and utter shit.

HOLA4415

The best show in town is going to be Mandy chewing up the Vice Chancellors of our universities. Higher Education has enjoyed a spectacularly priviledged position in Britain, but Mandy's new Department and his very different set of Civil Servants are likely to be less indulgent. Blood on the carpets of academia and production norms for research!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Agreed Marr is lightweight. And loved the Freudian slip..... :lol:

Freudian?... I think it may have been a little more calculated than that - Mandy is as keen to see GB shafted as the rest of his party, he's just a little more discrete in his execution.

HOLA4419
Freudian?... I think it may have been a little more calculated than that - Mandy is as keen to see GB shafted as the rest of his party, he's just a little more discrete in his execution.

Is this the interview on BBC24 showing now?

i.e. a repeat?

HOLA4420
Guest anorthosite
The best show in town is going to be Mandy chewing up the Vice Chancellors of our universities. Higher Education has enjoyed a spectacularly priviledged position in Britain, but Mandy's new Department and his very different set of Civil Servants are likely to be less indulgent. Blood on the carpets of academia and production norms for research!

Makes me glad education is a devolved issue - I don't want that slime ball getting his hands on Scotland's education system, its one of the few things labour didn't manage to trash.

HOLA4421

Did you also notice the comment about whoever "since I organised his by-election in 1986 I have known him very well" ... some sort of incideous slime ball comment implying those who thrown stones should make sure they're not stood in a glasshouse when they start throwing stones.

Does Mandy have the tabs on everyone? He's the sort to keep detailed ledgers of information.

Edited by SarahBell

HOLA4422
Guest joeschmo
Andrew Marr should have turfed the odious man off for refusing to answer anything and only wanting to talk about the trite rubbish he wanted.

In order to bring about sanity they ened to set new media rules. The journos ask the questions and the polticians answer them. No more pre-arranegd question rubbish. We need our media to be able to discuss important issues.

I didnt think Andrew Marr was interviewing David Cameron today???

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Just saw a clip repeated from this morning's programme in which Lord Mandelson says that he knows what the British public wants ... :(

Let us remember that this man has had to leave government TWICE for dishonest behaviour and yet here he is now a Lord, an unelected First Secretary of State/Deputy Prime Minister and seemingly the most influential person in the government.

We live in surreal times, rather like being trapped within a Kafka novel.