House Price Crash Forum

Sun Burnt

HOLA441

For the first time this year everyone is looking very tanned, down in Richmond park snoozing after lunch I now have a minor sun burn.

The great ball of fire in the sky is indeed to be feared, also my car alarm keeps going off probably the sensors getting hot and i can't

work out how to disable motion detectors.

Anyone else suffering? :P

HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury
For the first time this year everyone is looking very tanned, down in Richmond park snoozing after lunch I now have a minor sun burn.

The great ball of fire in the sky is indeed to be feared, also my car alarm keeps going off probably the sensors getting hot and i can't

Give me half an hour

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest absolutezero

I'll not suffer.

I bought some factor 50 this afternoon (£5 from Asda - for "sun sensitive skin, tropical sun and high altitudes) and I cover any bits that I can before going out in the sun.

There's no way I'll go lobster!

HOLA445
HOLA446

Spectacularly sunny up here for the last two days! And hot too!

We only had one day of Summer last year, on July 12th!

Will stay indoors to keep my blue/grey complexion.... :(

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest absolutezero
Nope, I avoid the midday sun, its way too hot. People living in sunnier climes must think we (British) are mental the way we decide to go and get burned.

It scares the faeces out of me when I see topless young men stalking about town with no top on when we have weather like this.

First sign of the sun and they whip their tops off exposing their chavvy tattoos.

99% don't have sun cream on and today they were very red and blistering.

People just don't seem to get it.

Excessive sun exposure --> skin cancer.

HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite

I was in a tent with Mrs Anorthosite in the Scottish highlands last night and was up at 4am to go climbing. We climbed two mountains, making the second summit by 10am. By noon we was skinny dipping in a crystal clear rock pool and were home, utterly exhausted, by 3pm.

It was baking hot all day, but I put on factor 50 sun cream, so I'm fine :)

HOLA4411
I was in a tent with Mrs Anorthosite in the Scottish highlands last night and was up at 4am to go climbing. We climbed two mountains, making the second summit by 10am. By noon we was skinny dipping in a crystal clear rock pool and were home, utterly exhausted, by 3pm.

I do hope they did not take new pictures for google earth today ;)

Sounds like the perfect day.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest anorthosite
I do hope they did not take new pictures for google earth today ;)

Don't worry, there was nothing to see, the water was too damn cold! Shrinkage? I think I felt a retraction...

Sounds like the perfect day.

It was :)

HOLA4415
Guest absolutezero
Well. there is a school of thought that says. No sun exposure = cancer.

Apparently the cancer link is a great marketting ploy of the sun screen manufactures. Look it up .

There was also a school of thought that said smoking was 100% safe...

The effects of ultraviolet rays on living cells is very well documented. Look it up!

HOLA4416

Are you sure you're not living in the '60's? Or the '30's - as members of a revivalist Nazi 'Strength Through Joy' movement?.

This is Brown's Britain. What of Health and Safety factors?. Did you complete a risk assessment?.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest anorthosite
Are you sure you're not living in the '60's? Or the '30's - as members of a revivalist Nazi 'Strength Through Joy' movement?.

Ya big jessie. I've been doing this since I was a kid. I go stir crazy when I don't get to run over a mountain for a while. And I don't need a big car to feel like a man ;)

This is Brown's Britain. What of Health and Safety factors?. Did you complete a risk assessment?.

F**k health & safety. One of the best things about the hills is that they're dangerous! There's only one bit of law that counts for anything in the mountains of Scotland, and that's that landlowners can't stop us going there anymore :lol:

HOLA4419

Wow :) what a fvcking fantastic way to spend a day, I'm officially jealous

I like your style B)

HOLA4420
Guest anorthosite
Wow :) what a fvcking fantastic way to spend a day, I'm officially jealous

I like your style B)

If the summer continues anything like this, we'll be doing it every weekend :)

HOLA4421
There was also a school of thought that said smoking was 100% safe...

The effects of ultraviolet rays on living cells is very well documented. Look it up!

Suprisingly enough people evolved to be exposed to the sun. What a stupid answer you gave. So a commercial product "cigs" used to be considered safe, but another commerical product "sunscreen" is still considered safe. Well sorry but both give you cancer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/001264.html

He has no product to sell

"Of course, the sunscreen manufacturers continue to deny all this while propagating the ridiculous myth that, "There's no such thing as a healthy tan." In reality, there's no such thing as a healthy pale person! A tan is a bonafide sign of good health, and a deep tan actually protects you from cancer. "

HOLA4422

Welcome to Breast Cancer Deception, an eye-opening special report by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger. This is a shocking, tell-all report that exposes the scam of today's breast cancer industry, revealing how conventional breast cancer detection and treatment programs are actually designed to ensnare women into a very harmful (but highly lucrative) system of toxic treatments that will only cause permanent damage to her health.
http://www.amazon.com/Lessons-Miracle-Doct...6186&sr=8-1

http://www.jonbarron.org/

Finally, you will find these health secrets gathered in one place_a program that integrates all of your body_s biological systems into a cohesive whole. The Baseline of Health Program is designed to empower your own body to throw off illness and keep it from returning.

- Detoxification and cleansing strategies

- Guidelines for healthy eating and nutrient supplementation

- Balancing the body_s systems to optimize function and fight disease

- Specific treatments for hart disease, cancer, diabetes, and many other illnesses

:lol:

HOLA4423
Guest absolutezero
Suprisingly enough people evolved to be exposed to the sun. What a stupid answer you gave. So a commercial product "cigs" used to be considered safe, but another commerical product "sunscreen" is still considered safe. Well sorry but both give you cancer.

"Of course, the sunscreen manufacturers continue to deny all this while propagating the ridiculous myth that, "There's no such thing as a healthy tan." In reality, there's no such thing as a healthy pale person! A tan is a bonafide sign of good health, and a deep tan actually protects you from cancer. "

No. Black people have evolved to be exposed to the sun. That's why they're black. To protect their lower layers of skin from UV that causes DNA damage and other nasties.

That's why a ridiculously large number of Australians develop skin cancer of one kind or another. Because their European, pale skin is not adapted to such massive UV exposure.

I mean, what would I know?

I'm a physicist by training so I've been indoctrinated with the scientific method and am obviously part of the establishment...

So when I say the link between UV and skin damage/cancer is well founded, is it because I'm a shill?

Conspiracies about UV and sun screen?

Get a grip.

HOLA4424

There is a growing argument that - within safe limits - you should give yourself exposure to the sun each day in order to obtain Vitamin D which is increasingly viewed as a cancer stopper.

Of course, burning yourself negates this but apparently sunscreen stops the formation of Vit D so you need to give yourself just enough exposure not to burn but enough to get Vit D creation mechanism in your body working.

After that, you need to slip, slap, slop on sunscreen - I use factor 50.

Lllangennith was full of gorgeous women today - surfie chicks with curvy figures and one wonderful looking lady in a red baywatch red coloured bikini. Surf was great, water lovely and it was a joyous day.

HOLA4425
Conspiracies about UV and sun screen?

Get a grip.

Of course burning yourself is dangerous. Its not conspiracies.. Its products to sell. Like diet food. Funny how slimming / low fat products are so popular and yet obesity is at record levels too.

All medical research is to make money, this is why there will never be a cure for cancer. Only expensive treatments.

I think after years of saying something, like house prices are over priced and they will go down and then being poo poo'd , it opens your mind to lots of things that people just accept, as being completly wrong. I think that health guy calls it "counterthink"

Diet food makes you fat. Sunscreen can cause skin cancer. No such thing as man made climate change.

Archived