House Price Crash Forum

Another Five Years Of Brown ?

abharrisson

HOLA441
Help for hooomoooners, help for the elderly, help for this, help for that, single mothers, lazy people, shirkers, illegals etc

all paid for by you and me

whereas the Tooooories will cut, cut, cut, cut, cut. (Nice bit of scaremongering)

How is that scaremongering?

Someone should tell the Tory front bench if it isn't true, make them shut up about it! :lol:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
The message seems to have been forgotton about the Tories already. Trying to jail Matrix Churchill directors when they knew they were innocent, unemployment "an acceptable price to pay" from Cameron's boss, privatising industries then getting cushy non exec jobs on the boards of the industries they'd privatised. Inflation and interest rates in double figures even after over 10 years in power.

Give me a Labour recession (interest rates 0.5%, inflation 3%) over a Tory one any day.

And you've always got Boris to show what Tories in power are like, no London buses running, a feat even the Blitz didn't manage.

WTF are you talking about? I caught a bus to work this morning. Clearly a new labour troll

HOLA443
Guest anorthosite
But whilst on the subject of the importance of the SNP. as you've brought it up, might I suggest that had the Labour Party not made such a hash of things over the past 12 years, the SNP would not have have "taken power".

Likewise the Tories will not "take power" at the next election if labour had not stuffed up.

Oh, and check your dates. The devolved parliament was around for 8 years before the SNP took over in 2007. And it wasn't from labour, it was from a labour/libdem coalition.

HOLA444
Guest pioneer31
How is that scaremongering?

Someone should tell the Tory front bench if it isn't true, make them shut up about it! :lol:

?

HOLA445
The message seems to have been forgotton about the Tories already. Trying to jail Matrix Churchill directors when they knew they were innocent, unemployment "an acceptable price to pay" from Cameron's boss, privatising industries then getting cushy non exec jobs on the boards of the industries they'd privatised. Inflation and interest rates in double figures even after over 10 years in power.

Give me a Labour recession (interest rates 0.5%, inflation 3%) over a Tory one any day.

And you've always got Boris to show what Tories in power are like, no London buses running, a feat even the Blitz didn't manage.

Although the recession will be their undoing. What about all the freedoms lost under Labour? What about all the stealth taxes? What about MRSA in hospitals? What about immigrants flooding the place?

If you will vote Labour because of the bus service then good luck to you.

It does occur to me that it might be fun to vote Labour just to really finish this country off for good. I really think the people deserve it. :lol:

HOLA446
Guest anorthosite
Inflation and interest rates in double figures even after over 10 years in power.

Labour fib about inflation and low interest rates are bad, mkay?

HOLA447
HOLA448
There are alot of people around my work who still think that Labour and Brown are doing a great job.

I think their mindset is stuck in the mid 80''s somewhere. All I ever here is things about nasty tories who would close all the schools and hospitals. Labour are for the working people apparently- funny, they are doing sod all for me - I dont quite think these people quite realise what a big mess we are in and what a mess Labour have made of the economy.

Ditto.

They are, as you allude to, not normally very well informed (let's just say they don't read the Economist). But there are plenty of them.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
It does occur to me that it might be fun to vote Labour just to really finish this country off for good. I really think the people deserve it.

You are not the only person considering that. However on a football forum I browse a thread appeared last week asking who you would vote for in the approaching euro / general elections. I would say at least 60% of the serious responses pointed to voting Labour in the euro / general elections. Plenty of "Labour are for the working class", "The Tories destroyed what Hitler couldn't", "The wounds of the last Tory recession are too deep", "I am voting Labour, remember how sleazy the Tories where last time".

HOLA4412
<snip>

Five more years of Brown... it could still yet happen, you have been warned.

I'm one of those disaffected Tory voters you talk of. Have voted Conservative for 22 years. I will not be voting for them at the next election, instead I will probably vote BNP or maybe the UKIP.

This is a win win situation for me.

1. I get my protest vote.

2. I'm not fussed if New Labour get back in because I don't think the winning party should be left to clear up the economic mess of the last 13 years of New Labour mismanagement of the economy.

HOLA4413
WTF are you talking about? I caught a bus to work this morning. Clearly a new labour troll

When it snowed a couple of months ago no buses in London ran for a whole day.

If you don't remember that, you won't remember what the Tories were like last time either.

HOLA4414
Although the recession will be their undoing. What about all the freedoms lost under Labour? What about all the stealth taxes? What about MRSA in hospitals? What about immigrants flooding the place?

It does occur to me that it might be fun to vote Labour just to really finish this country off for good. I really think the people deserve it. :lol:

but what about all the key labour voters and hard working diversity officers?

HOLA4415
Likewise the Tories will not "take power" at the next election if labour had not stuffed up.

Oh, and check your dates. The devolved parliament was around for 8 years before the SNP took over in 2007. And it wasn't from labour, it was from a labour/libdem coalition.

Electorates don't tend to vote out successsful governments so your first point is mute as it's a given.

Regarding dates, the UK government has been Labour for 12 years, as I said. The timing of the formation of a local government, and indeed whether or not the SNP has "power" in Scotland is, as I've said before, to a greater extent, irrelevant to the likelihood of Gordon Brown being Prime Minister after the next General Election.

HOLA4416

Do you have any figures on immigration under New Labour vs the previous Tory administration?

Who signed the Maastricht Treaty enabling the new EU accession states?

Where Boris' Tory rule in london is concerned the bus sevice could just be the start, we've also had many of his closest appointees gone in sleaze rows.

And list me some stealth taxes.

HOLA4417

give me a govt. which understands moral hazard, i don't care if they are red, blue, orange, or green.

i'm not holding my breath.

HOLA4418
2. I'm not fussed if New Labour get back in because I don't think the winning party should be left to clear up the economic mess of the last 13 years of New Labour mismanagement of the economy.

I see where you are coming from, but if Broon and co gets back in they will just carry on fecking things up even more. At some point, some poor sod is going to have to take over and clear up the mess not of their own making. That, or we end up in Injin-world.

HOLA4419
When it snowed a couple of months ago no buses in London ran for a whole day.

If you don't remember that, you won't remember what the Tories were like last time either.

I remember both the snow (I walked to work; most didn't bother where I am) and the tories.

With regard to the former, my recollection is that the decision re the buses was taken on health and safety grounds by the head of TfL and had nothing whatsoever to do with Boris.

With regard to the the Tories, aren't they the people who took a country that had just had a rescue loan from the IMF and turned it into one of the most dynamic economies in the world, tamed inflation, and curbed the power of unelected trade unions? They will have to repeat at least two of these feats if they win the next general election; I hope they kept the manual on how its done!

HOLA4420
Guest anorthosite
Electorates don't tend to vote out successsful governments so your first point is mute as it's a given.

You made it first!

Regarding dates, the UK government has been Labour for 12 years, as I said. The timing of the formation of a local government, and indeed whether or not the SNP has "power" in Scotland is, as I've said before, to a greater extent, irrelevant to the likelihood of Gordon Brown being Prime Minister after the next General Election.

No, the SNP took power in the Scottish Parliament after 8 years of a labour/libdem coalition. They have not taken power in Westminster. Even by your standards they took power after 10 years, not 12.

I think here the problem is that you underestimate the importance the Scottish people give to Holyrood compared to Westminster. They lost to the SNP at Holyrood, not at Westminster.

HOLA4421
Labour fib about inflation and low interest rates are bad, mkay?

Ah, yes. The "inflation has been at 10% since 1997 and 'they' have covered it up" argument. I remember double digit inflation very well and today is nothing like then.

Low interest rates may be "bad" for some, but I'd still prefer it to 10% plus

HOLA4422

In a twisted way, I hope that Labour do get in at the next election.

The other parties neat to really be drumming home the fact that the economy is screwed for a generation, and we will be paying for Labours ills through higher taxes, for years, and it will be very painful.

If the cons get in, then Labour will only point back at their tenure and show the "low taxes" "higher taxes under Tories", etc. etc.

We need Labour to have to live with the consequences of their actions, for Brown to have to crawl and beg to the IMF, face up to the fact that it was him, labour, that have sent us to this future, not the incoming government.

We're screwed anyway, lets make Labour lie in the bed they have made.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
In a twisted way, I hope that Labour do get in at the next election.

The other parties neat to really be drumming home the fact that the economy is screwed for a generation, and we will be paying for Labours ills through higher taxes, for years, and it will be very painful.

If the cons get in, then Labour will only point back at their tenure and show the "low taxes" "higher taxes under Tories", etc. etc.

We need Labour to have to live with the consequences of their actions, for Brown to have to crawl and beg to the IMF, face up to the fact that it was him, labour, that have sent us to this future, not the incoming government.

We're screwed anyway, lets make Labour lie in the bed they have made.

This is the meat on the bones of my previous post.

HOLA4425

Archived