HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
According to this from today's Telegraph FTB's are making a comeback.

Maybe it's better than the big chief at RICs even realised.

So, you cite RICs as your authority and now cast doubt on their competence?

The basic problem always remains the gap between where house prices currently are and the amount of money now available to finance their purchase- no amount of wishful thinking or creative interpretation is able to fill this gap in.

HOLA443
And here they are.

:D

The article contains only percentages, and not absolute figures. It is therefore meaningless.

For example, in 1942 the distribution of first names of veterans of the Battle of the Denmark Straight that served on HMS Hood was 33.3'% Ted, 33.3'% Robert, and 33.3'% William. Does it therefore follow that the battle was fought by 472 Teds, 472 Roberts, and 472 Williams?

HOLA444
To be fair I do see a stabilisation in the falls, hpc stage 1 over = 20%.

BUT............now see hpc2 being readied for action. Namely the FSA bringing out rules on mortgaing lending.

Nothing is going to stop the bubble deflating all we are seeing is attempts to deflate it as slowly as possible.

It's 40-50% whatever..........

hpc 3 will be when interest rates begin to rise, coinciding with the reality of being a landlord for all the 'we will sit it out' brigade.

Yes indeed.

If we are really lucky, we will see a HIPs Holiday soon, that will bring out the sellers just in time for the next leg down.

Oh, and market rates are rising. A huge increase in the number of accounts / savings bonds offering 4%, and news expected from NSAI in the next week. Expect those cash rich buyers to vanish from whence they came.

HOLA445
Guardian

Positive news everywhere you look :)

Simon Rubinsohn's track record on predicting house prices is about on a par with Sibley's, or indeed those of your good self. I say that prices will fall for an absolute minimum of 15% over the next year but probably nearer 25%.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Oh, and market rates are rising. A huge increase in the number of accounts / savings bonds offering 4%, and news expected from NSAI in the next week. Expect those cash rich buyers to vanish from whence they came.

Yes, I can just hear those cash rich buyers.

"I can only get 3.5% on my savings. That's crap, I'm buying a house. Oh, wait a minute they're now offering 4%, cancel the house it's all going back in the building society" :lol:

Actually, 2 and 3 year swap rates have started to fall again this week. Lenders are often slow to respond. ;)

Edited by Rinoa

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

"I can only get 3.5% on my savings. That's crap, I'm buying a house. Oh, wait a minute they're now offering 4%, cancel the house it's all going back in the building society" :lol:

I am a cash-rich (potential) buyer. Why would I exchange +4% on my STR fund for -17% ?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I am a cash-rich (potential) buyer. Why would I exchange +4% on my STR fund for -17% ?

Me too, I would only need a small mortgage and have a 60% deposit on my target house and a 100% credit record. I could buy tomorrow.

But why would I when that house will be £30,000 cheaper this time next year?

HOLA4414
That makes me laugh so much. "House prices will stabilise but er no-one will actually be able to sell them, erm duh yeah".

Cloud cuckoo land.

Brings my profession in to disrepute. The statement by "our expert" is baffling in its stupidity. Prices will stabalise (by his own admission very few FTB's) so, presumably everyone stays put. How can it be otherwise? Someone help me out here-what am I missing.

Tom MRICS

PS My apologies on behalf of my profession.

HOLA4415
That makes me laugh so much. "House prices will stabilise but er no-one will actually be able to sell them, erm duh yeah".

Cloud cuckoo land.

Brings my profession in to disrepute. The statement by "our expert" is baffling in its stupidity. Prices will stabalise (by his own admission very few FTB's) so, presumably everyone stays put. How can it be otherwise? Someone help me out here-what am I missing.

Tom MRICS

HOLA4416

Tom MRICS

An excellent point, the only place where I would disagree with you is where you consider that estate agency is a "profession".

HOLA4417

Tom MRICS

I am ashamed to be a member of RICS when they continually publish such clap trap. :ph34r:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Surveying is most definitely a profession. That was uncalled for.

Yes, apologies, I was distracted by the fact that Rinoa, an estate agent, started the thread. When I re-read it after I had posted it I realised I had messed up.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Only an idiot would deny the economy is back on track. Thank god for that. GB did know what he was doing after all.

And you thought you knew better. :lol:

Why are your posts becoming 100% trollish?

I suspect you may have been a bear in disguise all along.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Actually, 2 and 3 year swap rates have started to fall again this week. Lenders are often slow to respond. ;)

Rinoa: You are talking rubbish. I'm a STR almost for cash buyer and my money is currently in a one year bond at 6.5% - so no rush to buy, even, because we are only paying around a 3% yield on our rental house - which is less than the rate than we'd borrow at.

Yes we will buy at some point but even if we only get 4% its still not worth buying unless we are 100% sure that prices have stopped falling. Although you can think prices are going up, I'd rather wait even if it means I miss the actual bottom by a few %.

HOLA4425