House Price Crash Forum

Rics: House Prices 'close To Stabilising'

HOLA441

Im a FTB saving for my first house on just above national av wage and i read these boards regularly with much interest. I hate reading about prices rising as I would be priced out and end up renting for ever. But then I look at my position, location and profession. I work in distribution, as a lot of people do in lancs,(or at least linked to it such as warehousing, retail etc) which is a badly hit industry and all I see is carnage. For example all temps to perms have been stopped, agency's regularly being sent home on 1/2 days, agency's closing with the ones left open having 80% of people on their books out of work, Agency's in Wigan have stopped recruiting for industry work with signs in the window. Now there are redundancy's on the way across multiple contracts..things are definitely not picking up and there is only one way house prices are going to go..at least around here

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Only an idiot would deny the economy is back on track. Thank god for that. GB did know what he was doing after all.

And you thought you knew better. :lol:

Are you Hazel Blears?

Edited by superdez

HOLA443
Im a FTB saving for my first house on just above national av wage and i read these boards regularly with much interest. I hate reading about prices rising as I would be priced out and end up renting for ever. But then I look at my position, location and profession. I work in distribution, as a lot of people do in lancs,(or at least linked to it such as warehousing, retail etc) which is a badly hit industry and all I see is carnage. For example all temps to perms have been stopped, agency's regularly being sent home on 1/2 days, agency's closing with the ones left open having 80% of people on their books out of work, Agency's in Wigan have stopped recruiting for industry work with signs in the window. Now there are redundancy's on the way across multiple contracts..things are definitely not picking up and there is only one way house prices are going to go..at least around here

I'm an HGV driver and we are being laid off left right and centre at the moment.

People aren't buying it , so we aren't moving it. Same as you.

Still, at least when the upturn comes we will be the first to ride on its shirt-tails because we can do something with our hands. It's the suit-wearers who are done for.

HOLA444
Only an idiot would deny the economy is back on track. Thank god for that. GB did know what he was doing after all.

What track and economy are you talking about...? Sibley I can not believe you are serious Gb has not made one correct decision in his life. If you are please consult a medical practioner.

HOLA445

I guess you can say this to those who are about to be:

1. unemployed.

2. repossessed.

3. in more debt.

I would suggest you think before you make stupid comments.

HOLA446

Well there we have it. Probably the worst Sibley post EVER.

So what happened to this then:

Sibley - Posted on: May 8 2009, 11:39 PM

While I admit to thinking most of the house price crash figures on here are BS. I will say that the job market in South East is horrific.

Many of my pals are losing jobs and my company is quiet.

I normally used to get 5-6 texts a week offering me work. Now none.

Homeowners aren't worried about house prices honestly. Many aren't thinking of selling and even if it takes 10 years to recover it doesn't matter but there is a serious lack of work about.

Bit worrying to be honest. Never seen it like this in 20 years.

Is this all sorted out now? Are all these people back in work?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Well there we have it. Probably the worst Sibley post EVER.

So what happened to this then:

Is this all sorted out now? Are all these people back in work?

It's like watching a nervous breakdown in slow motion conveyed via text message

Complete with the wild mood swings, crushing depression, brief but entirely irrational optimism and glimpses of his honest feelings snatched from moments of weakness or drunkeness