House Price Crash Forum

Tory, Lib Dem, & Labour All Suck.

sheepmoney

HOLA441

The more I've read and learned about the economy the more I'm pulled towards Austrian economics, free markets etc. That essentially means I think:

- Bailouts are bad.

- Fiat money is unhealthy.

- A gold standard is good.

All major parties believe in a big government, all back bailouts in some way and do not challenge the current system. Even the BNP and UKIP which some people say as radical alternatives do not share the views of Austrian economics.

In the U.S they have Ron Paul, not perfect for me since he thinks evolution is just a theory, but at least he is honest and doesn't try to be an athiest and a christian at the same time. But his economic policies are 100% in line with mine.

Yet in the U.K there's not a single party that holds this policy. Even though people who subscribe to Austrian economics warned of this bubble a long time ago, and now state what governments are doing is wrong.

Who should I vote for?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
This is one of those points in history where a proportion of the population would have piled into some galleons and f**ked off across the sea.

We need some space ships and the location of Earth 2.

I don't know about you but i feel trapped.

its only temporary. pretty soon those with mortgages will feel trapped.

enjoy your debt free freedom.

HOLA448

Over the years I too have become an adherent to the Austrian School. I actually 'read' Economics at uni and all they teach is mostly Keynesian & Neo-Keynesian rubbish as well as some neo-classical theories, Marxist economics and as a counter to Keynes, Chicago School monetarism; Austrian economics is hardly covered.

HOLA449

Perhaps the fact that every single politcal party including UKIP and the BNP disagree with you should indicate that you are wrong. I would agree that the banks should never have been allowed to get their strangle-hold on our economy, but given that they have some degree of bail-out is necessary otherwise we'll revert to the stone-age.

We need some space ships and the location of Earth 2.

ow about you but i feel trapped.

Does this help: http://britishnationalist.blogspot.com/200...ke-planets.html?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
The more I've read and learned about the economy the more I'm pulled towards Austrian economics, free markets etc. That essentially means I think:

- Bailouts are bad.

- Fiat money is unhealthy.

- A gold standard is good.

All major parties believe in a big government, all back bailouts in some way and do not challenge the current system. Even the BNP and UKIP which some people say as radical alternatives do not share the views of Austrian economics.

In the U.S they have Ron Paul, not perfect for me since he thinks evolution is just a theory, but at least he is honest and doesn't try to be an athiest and a christian at the same time. But his economic policies are 100% in line with mine.

Yet in the U.K there's not a single party that holds this policy. Even though people who subscribe to Austrian economics warned of this bubble a long time ago, and now state what governments are doing is wrong.

Who should I vote for?

There is one political party that advocates even more radical monetary reform:

http://www.moneyreformparty.org.uk/

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I actually 'read' Economics at uni and all they teach is mostly Keynesian & Neo-Keynesian rubbish

Its true!

And from my experience seem to use Ireland as a case study of how to build a successful economy in a short period of time.

Most lecturers seemed to be little more than postgrad students themselves, with little or no real world experience.

And still the Chinese send their offspring to our overpriced and overrated universities en masse on the basis the education is better than anything available in China. :rolleyes:

HOLA4415
The Taxpayers Alliance ought to form a political party surely HPC would back it as a start, with the panic we're in along with the internet there surely cant be a better time to form a party for the working man/woman.

Ive been to their blog a few times and good though it is, i can almost hear the tumbleweed blowing through. People just dont seem to care - apart from the occasional old labour finger wagging type accusing the contributors of wanting to kill babies leaving posts.

HOLA4416
Perhaps the fact that every single politcal party including UKIP and the BNP disagree with you should indicate that you are wrong. I would agree that the banks should never have been allowed to get their strangle-hold on our economy, but given that they have some degree of bail-out is necessary otherwise we'll revert to the stone-age.

Maybe the fact that every country that has subscribed to the current money system (i.e all countries) is suffering greatly from a deflationary collapse.

In the U.S there are well known leaders, politicians and economists that subscribe to Austrian economics. They all predicted this mess and they all predict current actions will make it worse.

There's no evidence that Austrian economics would have us in the stone ages, just theories from people who support the current monetary system. Whereas the theories on how the current money system will play out from Austrian economics is coming true.

I'm more convinced that the reason it is not followed in this country is because it is not taught to economic students. If more people knew about it I'm sure more people would follow it. It also gets practically zero media attention in the UK.

In the U.S where it is taught in some places, and also where it gets some media attention, to no surprise it has a strong following. That following is beginning to spill over to the U.K thanks to the internet.

Just because everyone is doing it doesn't make it right. Brown's been spouting that one for a long time, but forgets world governments moved in unison to create a bubble in the first place which in hindsight was not the best move, at least not for the general population.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418