House Price Crash Forum

Newsnight Now Bbc 2

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

They have also covered the bond market spreads,etc. saying that it's about 10-1 that that the EZ will disintegrate. :blink:

Germany v the rest of the EZ. Downgrading of AAA rating of Spain, Potugal and Ireland. Economists on here should be pleased they are covering this at last, I think I read about it on here a while ago.

HOLA444
Guest AuntJess
Britain will have a worse recession than any other country.....oh dear.

Is that supposed to be news? Hell they were saying that on HPC last year. :rolleyes:

HOLA445
Is that supposed to be news? Hell they were saying that on HPC last year. :rolleyes:

My Grandad used to make me laugh when I was a kid. He used to watch the news and say " turn you off bloody propoganda in his thick Ukranian accent" whenever he thought they were talking BS. I thought he was nuts. Propoganda? In this day and age?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

If the government is on the ball they would be well advised to sort out the refinery protest in Lincolnshire. My guess is that this could escalate quite quickly and the economy could do without further problems. It would be nice to think that the government will respond quickly, but based on their recent track record they will probably stoke the coals.

HOLA4410
If the government is on the ball they would be well advised to sort out the refinery protest in Lincolnshire. My guess is that this could escalate quite quickly and the economy could do without further problems. It would be nice to think that the government will respond quickly, but based on their recent track record they will probably stoke the coals.

they need to sort it out A.S.P ....much more of this sort of greed from companies will led to problems that will get out of hand !!!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Greece is ineffectual. France is always on strike. Iceland has the Krona, not the Euro.

Don't try to deflect the collapse of Britain on "the Eurozone".

Only giving a quick heads up to a programme subject that many HPCers appreciate, not trying to deflect anything.

I shall try to be more accurate in future.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

(From 3 days ago)

Gordon will probably dismiss this as the "difficult birth-pangs of a new global order"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/ja...economic-policy

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Greece is ineffectual. France is always on strike. Iceland has the Krona, not the Euro.

Don't try to deflect the collapse of Britain on "the Eurozone".

I agree. There are very specific problems to do with those three countries - Greece has a government with a majority of one seat, and a long history of public protest against bad government, France has always been at the mercy of union power and Iceland is a bankrupt island with a population the size of Brighton and Hove.

HOLA4423

Theres Unions involved including the dreaded UNITE -they( The government or police) will do sod all I suspect ...

HOLA4424
HOLA4425