House Price Crash Forum

UK tenants paid record £50bn in rents in 2017 (Guardian)

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
27 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Falling homeownership + rising rents as a share of the economy = bye bye Tories

Osborne understood it - renters don't vote Conservative.

hardly, theres a new breed of DEBTjunkie arising, the scumbag tenant BTLer 

can't afford to buy? no problem, just rent, then snap up a couple of cheeky BTLs, make some poor scumbag tenants pay your (IO) mortgages off for you whilst you pay the rent on a roomshare in an HMO.

in thirty years time some poor sap has paid your (IO) mortgage off for you whilst you've been sitting back watching the coin roll in

now figure that one out...

Edited by thewig

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
45 minutes ago, oatbake said:

I think you'll find it's the taxpayer that is fitting a lot of the bill...

Fine by me, gives the government more of an incentive to sort the situation out. They're not going to be able to afford crowd-pleasing spending on schools and hospitals and pension triple locks when they're chucking £50bn at rents every year.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
11 minutes ago, happyguy said:

"Low interest rates are destroying our country."

Low interest rates are the reason the economy has done so well in the last few years I am guessing you do not own your own business. 

I assume you are joking.  Low interest rates have helped plenty of zombie business to limp along with the help of the benefits system supporting poor wages.  In what way is our economy doing well?

HOLA4414
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:41 PM, thewig said:

hardly, theres a new breed of DEBTjunkie arising, the scumbag tenant BTLer 

can't afford to buy? no problem, just rent, then snap up a couple of cheeky BTLs, make some poor scumbag tenants pay your (IO) mortgages off for you whilst you pay the rent on a roomshare in an HMO.

in thirty years time some poor sap has paid your (IO) mortgage off for you whilst you've been sitting back watching the coin roll in

now figure that one out...

It's a common one I've come across. Can't afford to buy in London? Buy somewhere cheaper whilst continuing to rent.

Makes no sense to me.

HOLA4415
21 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Fine by me, gives the government more of an incentive to sort the situation out. They're not going to be able to afford crowd-pleasing spending on schools and hospitals and pension triple locks when they're chucking £50bn at rents every year.

It’s not £50 billion.. as generation rent retire this will go up like a rocket.. 

ONS said an extra £43 billion on housing benefit would’ve required by 2030 to pay for a retiring generation rent.. 

remember pensions are looking a bit bankrupt as well.. 

this at a time when we are slashing the police budget by £750 million to save money? WTF

rental cost will bankrupt the government! 

OR

they will use rent payments as an excuse to privatise the NHS due to lack of money.  These lowlife MP’s are the true evil.. 

it can all be fixed they just don’t want too.. 

HOLA4416