House Price Crash Forum

Horribly Aged Icons Of Our Youth.

HOLA441
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

There's nothing more reassuring of your own mortality than seeing celebs you grew up with ageing. And it doesn't even need to be badly. Three that bring it home to me are Burt Reynolds, Clint Eastwood and Harrison Ford. I remember them young, vital and handsome. If age can catch up with them, it can catch up with anyone.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Anyway, you've turned my mind to the lovely Sally Thomsett, I used to have the hots for her when she played opposite Richard O'Sullivan.

One thing that has aged well, is Man About The House. Still hits the sitcom spot. It was considered pretty avant garde back in the 70s I believe.

HOLA4410

Yes plenty of people have strokes. The problem is that most people don't recognise the signs until it`s to late.

Two years after a stroke you have made just about all the recovery you`re ever going to make.

+1

You don't have to be anywhere near old to have a stroke.

Many men and women have them in their 40s and 50s

They are one of the leading causes of disability in the UK (on average a third of stroke victims dies, a third make full recovery and a third are left permanently impaired by the condition)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/number-stroke-victims-40s-50s-5681802

HOLA4411

You don't have to be anywhere near old to have a stroke.

Many men and women have them in their 40s and 50s

They are one of the leading causes of disability in the UK (on average a third of stroke victims dies, a third make full recovery and a third are left permanently impaired by the condition)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/number-stroke-victims-40s-50s-5681802

You're preaching to the converted there. He doesn't harp on about it but CD posted that he had had a stroke a few years ago and I would guess he was then in his 40s.

HOLA4412

You're preaching to the converted there. He doesn't harp on about it but CD posted that he had had a stroke a few years ago and I would guess he was then in his 40s.

Yep I am fully aware of the fact and I have seen CDs post on it in the past

Should have added the plus one.

My stepson was a victim of a major stroke relatively early in life so I have seen the consequences all the way from the original admission to AE through emergency surgery to seeing someone confined to a bed and a wheel chair for the rest of their life.

Believe me it is something to be avoided if you can.

The point is most people blithely think that those with disabilities were born that way when in fact the conditions are quite often acquired later in life

HOLA4413

Oh yes, I do harp on about it !! It`s my duty....?

It was like being one of 3 or 4 passengers on a jumbo jet that crashed and walking away with a bit of a nose bleed!

The type of stroke I had will kill instantly or often within a few days, there`s an 85% chance of death.

Bossybabe is also a `stroke survivor` (I hate that!) , had too give up riding her motorcycle.

HOLA4414

Oh yes, I do harp on about it !! It`s my duty....?

It was like being one of 3 or 4 passengers on a jumbo jet that crashed and walking away with a bit of a nose bleed!

The type of stroke I had will kill instantly or often within a few days, there`s an 85% chance of death.

Bossybabe is also a `stroke survivor` (I hate that!) , had too give up riding her motorcycle.

Gosh I have never done this stroke thing! I'm sure Bossy will just about fit on my motorcycle, although she may be a bit wide! Anyway a lot of tv characters I remember from being a tiny lad are old now, and so am I!

HOLA4415
Guest eight

It did occur to me recently that the coming Premier League season will probably see the first debut appearance for a player born in the 21st century. I think that will make me feel pretty old when it happens.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Well when I started coming to this site I assumed that other members were around the 23 to 25 age bracket

I was very wrong.

I think I can do that double! I thought that too! Maybe youger people are out in clubs?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Guest eight

Going by the fat/fitness thread, everyone seems to be 55, including me!

I'm 41, you cheeky git!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It did occur to me recently that the coming Premier League season will probably see the first debut appearance for a player born in the 21st century. I think that will make me feel pretty old when it happens.

Maybe another season to go? I thought technically, 2000 was still 20th century so a 2001 born player would only be 15 & 1/2 at the **** end on this coming season.

On this note, someone started in work this week and for the first time I'm old enough to be their dad.

HOLA4425

Archived