House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441

This is the implication for NATO seizing Russian assets and giving them to Ukraine. People won't by US bonds, they'll buy gold. This price action is normal... it reached the top of the channel, traders - trade. It will be short lived as war is in vogue because of peak oil, peak uranium etc...

HOLA442
HOLA443
5 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

Looks like another great day for everything other than gold and silver once again. Gold currently down, silver barely even +0.18% lol

Stock markets and crypto steaming ahead

Everything is awesome! :lol:

HOLA444
5 hours ago, nero120 said:

They are really trying to hammer gold down in the futures market! I think though there are just too many fundamentals pushing the price higher. All this will do is allow the recent big physical buyers (CBs/SWFs/FOs/etc) to load up on cheaper physical gold... or perhaps that's the idea...?

The US is just borrowing insane amounts of money, 10 year treasury auctions are going to get more and more difficult as there just aren't the buyers out there for such a large supply at these yields. More and more are simply going to opt to store their reserves in physical gold.

Not sure it's that.

Gold has gone up a lot in a short space of time.

The bull market has resumed.

You always get plenty of sellers when prices rise. That's normal in any bull market.

This is just people getting shaken off the raging bull before it goes into full force.

How long sellers overwhelm buyers in this price range is anyone's guess.

Maybe the price goes down $100 to $200 before it goes higher again.

HOLA445
5 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Not sure it's that.

Gold has gone up a lot in a short space of time.

The bull market has resumed.

You always get plenty of sellers when prices rise. That's normal in any bull market.

This is just people getting shaken off the raging bull before it goes into full force.

How long sellers overwhelm buyers in this price range is anyone's guess.

Maybe the price goes down $100 to $200 before it goes higher again.

image.thumb.png.8d5501abc7ba318566473c7ea9274dcd.png

Note the telltale 3am globex monkeyhammer, classic BIS/CB attempt to smash the gold futures price as low as possible taking advantage of thin volume.

But, it's already recovered! Sorry b(w)ankers! :lol:

Edited by nero120

HOLA446
1 hour ago, nero120 said:

image.thumb.png.8d5501abc7ba318566473c7ea9274dcd.png

Note the telltale 3am globex monkeyhammer, classic BIS/CB attempt to smash the gold futures price as low as possible taking advantage of thin volume.

But, it's already recovered! Sorry b(w)ankers! :lol:

Yes.

They play their games.

Short term they can make the price go wherever they want.

But gold went from $200 to $1900+ from 200 to 2011.

It will go to $5,000 in this cycle.

Just a question of time.

HOLA447
24 minutes ago, The Angry Capitalist said:

Yes.

They play their games.

Short term they can make the price go wherever they want.

But gold went from $200 to $1900+ from 200 to 2011.

It will go to $5,000 in this cycle.

Just a question of time.

Agreed.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Back down to low £1800s now... extrapolating the linear trend from 2016 suggests it "should" be about £1600-1650; the latest growth probably off the back of geopolitical uncertainly and maybe China's buying.. I suspect now's not a good time to buy but probably worth a punt if it falls another couple of hundred quid.

HOLA4411
14 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Back down to low £1800s now... extrapolating the linear trend from 2016 suggests it "should" be about £1600-1650; the latest growth probably off the back of geopolitical uncertainly and maybe China's buying.. I suspect now's not a good time to buy but probably worth a punt if it falls another couple of hundred quid.

Good news for me if it falls further as I sold a chunk of non cgt exempt with the intension of buying back brits and sovs.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

See how easy it is for the US government to smack the price? Today was a perfect example following the non-farm labour data. In the run-up to the US election where do we see the price of gold in November?

HOLA4414
12 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

See how easy it is for the US government to smack the price? Today was a perfect example following the non-farm labour data. In the run-up to the US election where do we see the price of gold in November?

Yes, but the price recovers quickly after the typical futures smack down these days. In the past, the smack down would trigger more selling, but I don't think that's the case now. If anything it's encouraging even more buying!

HOLA4415

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-is-overvalued-now-and-wont-help-you-beat-inflation-in-coming-years-02cc28ff#:~:text=Gold GC00 as an investment,a Duke University finance professor.

Sees gold lagging US inflation by more than 7% a year over the next decade. 

Fortunately this doesn't apply to any other markets because they're not overvalued. Oh no they're not.

🤡

HOLA4416
19 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-is-overvalued-now-and-wont-help-you-beat-inflation-in-coming-years-02cc28ff#:~:text=Gold GC00 as an investment,a Duke University finance professor.

Fortunately this doesn't apply to any other markets because they're not overvalued. Oh no they're not.

🤡

Yet I heard an interview with a fund manager today saying it will be 15% per annum beating inflation.

Just opinions.

Nobody knows.

HOLA4417
29 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

🤡

https://archive.org/details/GoingGoingGoldFT

:lol:

HOLA4418

Gold's been outpacing inflation for at least the last 10 years, while we seem to be living in an increasingly inflatable world, with currency debasement the standard economic model for dying civilisations.

Personally I think gold will do very well over the coming decades.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Just reposting this here as I was genuinely astonished and horrified that a Chinese school teacher could have amassed so much physical gold so quickly! Most people in the west don't have anywhere near that amount of fiat saved, let alone physical gold!

I feel like we are on the verge of a re-pricing/devaluation of western currencies against commodities and when it happens, millions and millions of people in the west will not know what hit them.

HOLA4421

Quite an interesting video on fake Chinese gold.

Interesting it came up on a channel that is not gold related, which suggests there is a real interest in buying gold in China at the moment.

Must admit, I'm not sure if some of those videos are fake though.

Obviously if I was going to drop £100k on gold, I would buy it all in 1oz coins from multiple places.  Not put it all in 1 or 2 bars.

HOLA4422