House Price Crash Forum

The Untouchables

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Times change fast.

These days when I see a 4x4 I think "what an idiot". Especially those cliched blacked out range rovers. There are so many of them on the roads, as well as Boxters. Seems every tom dick and harriet owns one now.

I've been watching huge falls on 2007 and 2008 4x4s at various dealers - even Hondas being reduced down to 15K for 2007 low mileage diesels. If they carry on like that then they potentially will find a price when they will be 'buyable' - assuming you can afford the VED and all the anger that 4x4s now attract.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Times change fast.

These days when I see a 4x4 I think "what an idiot". Especially those cliched blacked out range rovers. There are so many of them on the roads, as well as Boxters. Seems every tom dick and harriet owns one now.

I play football with a guy who drives a 911. Turned up for 5-a-side one day and there were five other 911's in the car park - but only one Fiat Tempra (my motor of the time). Now that's the kind of exclusivity that money can't buy.

eight

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Interesting article re house prices, car sales, unemployment, credit et al:

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/13999...torm.4583436.jp

It's already started - William Hague's judgement was questioned because he attended a Barclays Beano in Italy the other day.

As I posted as the time - how will we ever manage without D-list celeb clothes horses being constantly paraded before us?

In the new economy conspicuous consumption without any redeeming merit will make you the target of envy and derision - and rightly so!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
I've been watching huge falls on 2007 and 2008 4x4s at various dealers - even Hondas being reduced down to 15K for 2007 low mileage diesels. If they carry on like that then they potentially will find a price when they will be 'buyable' - assuming you can afford the VED and all the anger that 4x4s now attract.

Everything makes people angry these days.

Come to think of it, I find middle aged blokes with pony tails faintly ridiculous, but I still manage to keep my anger in check when I see one.

If people want to win plaudits by riding bicycles knitted out of hessian and oiled with old sweat, good on them, but if you want to save the planet, for goodness sake, move nearer work, and then your gas guzzler will be friendlier than a Smart car on a long commute. Much better and cheaper than chucking the old one in the bin too!

Makes me want to rescue a 4X4 just to irritate the herd.